Thread: Trouble editing units

Icon5 Trouble editing units

I'm trying to edit the time units take to build, since I'm playing with larger unit sizes (~1000-1250 for line infantry), I want units to train slower. I edited some units by adding units_table to a darthmod pack file that edits units, and had partial success.

However, some units still take 1 turn to build, I'm playing as Russia, so a standard line infantry takes 3 turns to build as I wanted, but those special units that can only be build up to a certain number still take 1 turn to build, and I haven't been able to find their files to edit...

Where I can find those special units files using PFM? I tried using Darthmod's unit editor, but that didn't worked.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Trouble editing units

Quote Originally Posted by Ue-sama degozaimasu View Post
    I'm trying to edit the time units take to build, since I'm playing with larger unit sizes (~1000-1250 for line infantry), I want units to train slower. I edited some units by adding units_table to a darthmod pack file that edits units, and had partial success.

However, some units still take 1 turn to build, I'm playing as Russia, so a standard line infantry takes 3 turns to build as I wanted, but those special units that can only be build up to a certain number still take 1 turn to build, and I haven't been able to find their files to edit...

Where I can find those special units files using PFM? I tried using Darthmod's unit editor, but that didn't worked.
    Hi - dependant on the unit (I expect if they are Russian, you will find them in the Poltava pack) you are attempting to edit, there are a variety of packs that contain unit data other than the main Darthmod pack.

Dependant on which tool you are using for unit editing(PFM or DB Editor) when you open the main Darthmod pack you will see a variety of others as well, locate the Poltava pack and edit as you have done previously, save and you should be good to go. You may have to check the other packs as well if there are still some needing changing (especially AUM and Ornamentum ones)

If you get stuck let me know

If you dont have the Db Editor the one in the link below works fine
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13064090
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

I'm using PFM. Thaaaaaaanks, that helped immensely, I'm still having trouble with some random units still taking one turn, but I'll check other files to see if I can find them.

Never mind, it was taking 4 turns as I wanted, the UI's trolling me