Thread: Adding BI buildings to a fresh mod.

Default Adding BI buildings to a fresh mod.

Greetings fellow TW community!

I've been doing this tutorial to import the BI buildings into a mod-folder mod. However, the step that i can't fulfill is the one involving the descr_items.db file. There used to be a file including the modifications to make the Imperial Palace appear in the city layout:

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon
    The next part involves the editing of descr_items.db which is a bit more complex so ill just post my one here, replace your existing one with mine.

http://rapidshare.de/files/24722119/descr_items.db.html
    However as many other useful links in the community it has gone down. So, i'm looking for someone with expertise on this matter and help me make a new one or if you happen to own it upload a copy. I cannot say how much appreciated it will be.
    Last edited by El Santo Padre; June 20, 2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Adding BI buildings to a fresh mod.

descr_items.db is generated from descr_items.txt. (once you start the game this file will be generated)

So essentially what you have to do is edit descr_items.txt and delete the .db file. Try looking at this guide, I used to use it to learn how to edit buildings. Although there are probably other guides.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-modding-guide
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

No, it didnt

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Do you mean descr items didnt generate? It should if there are no other descr items db and there are no errors

Read this tutorial

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...gs-to-the-game
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

I had same problems too. But I got it fixed by adding all limes in the descr_items.txt itself. Somehow I missed some files..