Thread: Wow what the hell just happened

ostendadler's Avatar Miles

Default Wow what the hell just happened

Wow Guys ! Holy smokes is DEI even cooler now. I drifted off Rome II DEI since the launch of Warhammer franchise and decided to dive back into my favorite time period/mod. And what do I find yet another level of depth and complexity? Seriously guys that's awesome. I've spent a good 4 hours on it last night and couldn't believe the amount of new functionalities implemented.

I started a Rome campaign and barely a couple of turns in I'm already on the edge of my seat with the Pyrrhic victory (see what i did there?) with that new threat on the italian front. The emissary system seems also quite a neat addition (how on earth did you pull that off) considering how boring politics used to be.

I didn't have that many battles (3 so far - 2 of which i lost) so I didn't have enough hands on experience to see how the game evolved.

Thumbs up guys.

Cannot wait to dive more into this game.
    Last edited by ostendadler; June 19, 2018 at 03:17 AM.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"If only all of Rome had just one neck."

"Everytime you pre-order a game, god kills a kitten"

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Wow what the hell just happened

The emmisary thing was implemented by CA and its seriously OP. But glad that you like it. And the other mod changes.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

I can sense and feel Kam's wizardry in the battles ... :-)

Civis

Welcome back and ewww gross Warhammer

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

What's Warhammer ?

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ostendadler View Post
    The emissary system seems also quite a neat addition (how on earth did you pull that off)
    It's quite telling that many fans assumes that the DEI team is behind any good feature and automatically blames CA even for bugs introduced by DEI..

Luckily CA turned the quality around with the Warhammer franchise, but it really goes to show how awful Rome 2 was at launch.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbjerg View Post
    It's quite telling that many fans assumes that the DEI team is behind any good feature and automatically blames CA even for bugs introduced by DEI..

Luckily CA turned the quality around with the Warhammer franchise, but it really goes to show how awful Rome 2 was at launch.
    That's quite logical since CA repeatedly uses our ideas for their DLCs and we're actually happy for that.
    I'm not aware of any bugs introduced by us to the base game though. If you have any, feel free to report them. I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    That's quite logical since CA repeatedly uses our ideas for their DLCs and we're actually happy for that.
    I'm not aware of any bugs introduced by us to the base game though. If you have any, feel free to report them. I'm all ears.
    So true that

Well the gameplay is on point for Warhammer but the scaling back is noticeable on a lot of things. Overall good games so far ( I did play table top between reading history books on classical antiquity) but I missed my D.E.I and here I am.

Anyway I must confess that so far i am extremely impressed by the update. As Rome i have lost half of my battles which is a first. Game feels a lot more logical and it seems AI acts a lot more logical between its different factions. I'm still getting my head around with the new Diplomacy and state mechanics but its nice to see new layers to statehood.

I do have some questions though:

1. Is unit replenishment "blocked" for 1 full turn after a battle ? Or just the remaining of the current turn ? (i'm not sure)
    2. Is the AI also facing the same replenishment limitations than the Player? (no troops available in newly conquered cities of different culture)
    3. Is there automatic diplomatic penalties related to events ? (I.E. Rome taking Syracus automatically degrading relations with Carthage)
    4. Can you totally deplete the population of an AI controlled city?
    5. Does Banditry create revolts over time ?
    6. When you release units in city (or around it) does it release that class of population into that city ? Or the region ? or back in region where you drafted the men ?
    7. What factor decides which region is loyal to senate faction ? (is it random) Or based on conquest patterns ? ( I wish they added a mechanic to allocate it manually and get buffs and penalties)
    Answer: Ok I found the political party affiliation tab which partly answers my question.
    8. I hear you can move your capital- How ?
    9. Can you make peace with a civil war faction ? (can you turn them into a client state?)
    10. Are navies vital now ?
    11. Will province rebellion (due to PO failure) spark a new faction army or just generic rebel army ?
    12. Will the AI change its form of governance (Kingdom to Empire etc ...) and do we get notified?

That's what I have in mind for now.

My only observation is in battles. It seems a lone unit can remain on the battlefield despite seeing its general and full army be routed. The AI will not always chase that remaining straggler which could be an exploit for a timeout victory (not really a bug).
    Last edited by ostendadler; June 24, 2018 at 05:55 AM. Reason: - More Questions Added -

Any charitable soul to answer my above question.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

afaik:

1) don't think so, often replenishment works differently from ui values
    2) yes but less than player
    3) yes, it can be scripted
    4) no, 1 is the less pop available (could be set differently)
    5) banditry is a +/- value. Depending on in-game effects you get an integer number that gives you other effects
    6) yes, they return in region. Not always ui is correct, but they will return
    7)
    8) in 123, check icon bottom center near faction icon. Pick a region, then push the button
    9) don't think so
    10) never used navies (autoresolve only) use them at your own risk cause sometimes is haevily bugged
    11) generic rebel army
    12) don't think so

I did notice that a lot of the liberated factions seem to be varied in governance

3. I found out yesterday that it is indeed the case - Sweet surprise !

Thanks for helping out Jake

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I do think AI has preset governance from start. Dunno if they change it, maybe relating to imperium levls, but never seen a script about that
    3) check claagent's, it has a lot of examples
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-appreciated*