Thread: Having trouble figuring out the economy.

Default Having trouble figuring out the economy.

More or less the title. I LOVE what I see of the mod so far. It might even end up replacing DeI for me - thought not quote yet - but my major hold up is the fact that I can't get a grasp on how to actually increase income. I've figured out the cyclical nature of the economy with the seasons, but that aside I've really struggled to figure out how to really get any sort of economic 'boom' to get me out of the early game. I assume I'm just blatantly missing something simple in this mods economy; an, "Oh, every settlement needs a this to prosper" kind of deal, but I haven't figure it out yet.

Anyone offer any insight?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Having trouble figuring out the economy.

Early game I like to focus on invading provinces that have high value resources, eg elephants, gold, ect and then getting trade deals with every faction I can.

Maximize trade, build farms and build a minimum of Public Order buildings. Farms are great as they don't cause squalor or negative PO. Building out every tradeable resource is a plus too of course.

First ten or twenty turns, ignore the advice to attack anyone except for taking down Carthage. Listen to the advice to build. Food, food, food. Do not be afraid to give cities independence to slow down the native unrest; you can change later. Trade the resources that you have.