Thread: Rebel Turn Crash at Turn 50 - 52

Default Rebel Turn Crash at Turn 50 - 52

Hi all

I've played a few Early campaigns with SS6.3

Each time I get to around turn 50 - 52 (playing as Byzantines this time out) I get a repeat crash on the rebel turn. I've replayed the turn a few dozen times, moved agents / generals around. No joy !

Is there any easy way that I can just nuke all rebel agents / armies / settlements, essentially resetting the faction ?

I actually enjoy the Early game more than the Late, and it's pretty annoying that I can't play to any depth because of this bug.

If there's any other way to fix this, happy to try - I've tried the easy stuff, including turning it on-and-off again, moving the cat off of the keyboard, and messing around with graphics / game settings.

Default Re: Rebel Turn Crash at Turn 50 - 52

I would suggest switching up to SS6.4.
    With its stability improvements, in addition to the numerous addons you can play with, I think its a much better game.
    I can usually play 250-300 turns without ever having a crash, and on the very rare occasion one happens, you can usually just replay the turn and it fixes itself.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

I play Byzantines as well. This issue is awful. It's a CTD at the end of the rebel turn with the "encountered an unknown error and will now close" message.

I've been having this issue for a while. I stopped playing around turn 100 because I could not fix it. I decided to do a full reinstall of SS6.4 +Bugfix Compilation 1.37 (which is what I was running before obviously) recently and it fixed my save. The issue then popped up again and happens every other turn until I restart my PC and my game several times.

Until yesterday, and now I cannot seem to fix it again. I'm trying to avoid another full reinstall.

Anyone fix this in the past and have advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    I would suggest switching up to SS6.4.
    With its stability improvements, in addition to the numerous addons you can play with, I think its a much better game.
    I can usually play 250-300 turns without ever having a crash, and on the very rare occasion one happens, you can usually just replay the turn and it fixes itself.
    Thanks - that has done the trick - It seems that the 'surprise BULGARS EVERYWHERE' event was causing it to crash - I've played past turn 60 now, and that event always triggers there for me.

Hi Rake - One thing I found helped was making sure that rebels / armies / camps don't spring up at choke points & cause the AI to freak out trying to move pieces around. Playing as the Venetians I've spent a lot of time bribing everything to keep roads / passes clear-ish !

Quote Originally Posted by Methuen View Post
    Thanks - that has done the trick - It seems that the 'surprise BULGARS EVERYWHERE' event was causing it to crash - I've played past turn 60 now, and that event always triggers there for me.

Hi Rake - One thing I found helped was making sure that rebels / armies / camps don't spring up at choke points & cause the AI to freak out trying to move pieces around. Playing as the Venetians I've spent a lot of time bribing everything to keep roads / passes clear-ish !
    Hello, thanks. I've looked at all that though, and it doesn't look like that so far. It just keeps crashing after 2 or 3 turns now. The only fix I've worked out isn't a fix, I just continue to repeat the crash until it stops. Idk what to do really. My buddy played a full campaign on 6.4 no issue, so I'm wondering if the Bugfix Compilation is my issue...though he's also running on older hardware and OS.