Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

I have a question. Whether it is possible to make so that to involve system of reserves in Rome 2? Or it can be realized only in Attila as it is made in our mod.

I'm not sure if this is a hardcoded thing in the Attila engine or if it can be modded, but I think it could be great to be able to have governors become generals. İdeally, they could only be raised from the province they are governor of. This could more easily simulate a governor of a region that is forced to raise an army at the threat of war, and make the governor of that region more important. I think this would help historicity and immersion for the regional governor having the imperium over his province.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4uOhxqoDcg
    I have a question for the developers of the Ancient Empire. Can this effect use reserves to be in every battle of the campaign where the enemy has 2 or more infantry lines, not only when defending the enemy, but when attacking. The missile units and the ballista violate this structure.

I've been playing the mod quite a bit and here's my feedback:
    - I'm having cash difficulties, I'm not sure if it's a bug or the mod. Basicly as a game starting as Pergamon I've branched out and taken 5 settlements. In each settlement I've upgraded the main building and only built farms, with one exception where I built an Aquaduct, I have a smaller army then I started the game with, but am now broke with a negative balance in winter and positive in summer. How can I be broke from building up my income generating buildings?
    - Food system needs a fix. Storing grain is something that people have done since the beginning of farming, I don't think you should need a grainery and soliders should take attrition. Maybe the best way to implement a seasonal system is to have your cities and armies be fine in the winter, but any army in the field take attrition without stored food.
    - I'm getting a lot of rebellions, I don't think it's an issue, but with me being poor and low replenishment it's becoming a drag. I think the cash difficulties will fix these issues. However, why do my armies sometimes not replenish? I don't understand this mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskiab View Post
    - I'm getting a lot of rebellions, I don't think it's an issue, but with me being poor and low replenishment it's becoming a drag. I think the cash difficulties will fix these issues. However, why do my armies sometimes not replenish? I don't understand this mechanic.
    Pay attention to the effects detailed in the lower left hand province information menu. That will explain several things including no replenishment. To avoid rebellion, watch how each building impacts native unrest, especially the city itself. It could be that upgrading the cities too soon and to the wrong city type is causing you unrest and money issues.

Does anyone else think the starting date should be further back in time? Starting halfway through the second Punic war locks you into a set course of action, it feels a bit like starting a film right at the final battle.

Quote Originally Posted by titus36 View Post
    Does anyone else think the starting date should be further back in time? Starting halfway through the second Punic war locks you into a set course of action, it feels a bit like starting a film right at the final battle.
    There has been some discussion among players on another thread. I would prefer to start after Cannae to give Carthage a fighting chance when you play Rome.

I do not know how to fix this exactly, but so far in my every campaign just like in vanilla and other ATW mods, you really quickly get crazy random empires. Like for example Bactria starts showing up in Armenia and Asia minor, or some celtic faction conquers Sardinia.

I don't know how Divide Et Impera somehow manages to avoid that for the most part in RTW2, there are empires but its at least the major playable factions and they do not have crazy random territory.

Hi, might be that i am kind of stupid but my armies consit after the marian reforms only of aux units... Because for recruiting legions u need more than 60 % latin influence, which takes, even if i focus on latin influence buildings, more than 25 turns. Meaning that in captured regions it takes to much time to wait for the possibility to recruit those legions. Am i the only one ? Or do you have a solution ? If not pls patch so i can command legions and not barbarians. Best mod ever guys. Absolutely amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4234 View Post
    Hi, might be that i am kind of stupid but my armies consit after the marian reforms only of aux units... Because for recruiting legions u need more than 60 % latin influence, which takes, even if i focus on latin influence buildings, more than 25 turns. Meaning that in captured regions it takes to much time to wait for the possibility to recruit those legions. Am i the only one ? Or do you have a solution ? If not pls patch so i can command legions and not barbarians. Best mod ever guys. Absolutely amazing
    You don't need 60% Latin influence, that was under the old version.

What you need is to build a Military Colony, which the second level of the Roman Colony building chain.

You can build Divided Assignments in any free slot after researching the Marian reforms, then upgrade it to a Military Colony in any region with at least a State or Tribute level 3 region capital. Alternatively you can convert an existing level 2 farm to a military colony.

Hey, just a suggestion I was thinking about for a while. Would it be possible to make general guard unit bigger? I possibly make it grow when general rank up? I remember playing a mod on RTW1 and it was awesome having general with 160 units etc Not sure if currently, it is something historical or not just an idea.

First of all, the mod is so far the best one I've played, as it tackles exactly what I disliked about the original game without making it a completely different one.

Just two things:

- could it be that the AI is investing quite little into their military? I played as Carthage on Very Hard and after defeating the Roman Army at Zama and another one a little later in the game I could easily steamroll the Romans despite me being very cautious in the beginning. I had three fullstacks and a small fleet after 30 rounds and was by far leading the power ranking with that. The Romans had maybe two weak armies being idle in Italy... In other words, although I did not play overly sophisticated so far I could easily defeat the Romans within less than 10 rounds... I hoped for a way bigger challenge

- The concept of governmental control is an amazing idea, but I don't really get the idea behind the current implementation: The only difference between the main town buildings of direct and indirect control is the amount of maintenance/income received from that colony and native discontent. However, it does not really slow down expansion to directly build a direct control main building instead of an indirect one.. At least I cannot see a trade-off between build-up and expansion so far as outlined in the project. I personally would recommend to increase the differences between the buildings. High governmental control means little income loss but comes with an immense (!) public order penalty (like -7 and +50% native discontent or so). Only Regions with big armies stationed there or already built-up infrastructure could compensate that. Low control (automomous state) would come with a huge penalty concerning income (like -50% to -75%) but basically no native discontent and maybe a public order bonus. Tributary in between. If one wants to keep expanding, one would be forced to first make new conquered regions autonomous, meaning that it does not really provide additional income to finance new armies. Only after some time, when some public order and state influence buildings are built, one could convert the region into a fully controlled one.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

During my Seleucid campaign, which is immense fun, I noticed a couple of things that could do with a change or a fix:
    • Thracian military settlers lack unit cards.
    • When landed the crews of ramming and artillery ships lack their own unit cards.
    • Rebel factions act like real factions instead of being passive/reactive. Sarmatian rebels conquered almost all of the steppes and Iberian rebels large parts of Iberia in my game.
    • AI factions should probably invest more in military. Without any real effort and relatively weak forces I managed to stay at strength rank one from the very beginning.
    • Income fluctuates wildly, sometimes between 5000 and 90000. While I love the fertility and income changes due to seasonal conditions getting the income a tad more stable would be helpful.
    • Is there a global food variable, independent of the province food supply numbers (usually it would be the sum of the local ones)? If yes, I'd suggest changing the granary chain to always give +x food locally and -2x food globally. Thus it would allow you to effectively transfer food from your overall surplus to barren or infertile provinces without having to rely on a governor to simply uphold the boring import food edict for ages.
    • While the Qanat buildings give very strong fertility bonuses the ordinary village sanitation building chain, ending in the canal network does not, despite the canal networks name and description. In order to balance this out I'd suggest to tier down the fertility bonus of the Qanat by one (+2 at max) and give the top tier ordinary chain (canal network) a +1 on fertility, maybe up its upkeep as well.
    • The fourth level buildings of the government chain make no sense. The Stoa Zeus kills your income (-15% tax) and has less public order bonus than level three (Padeia Civic) while only reducing native discontent a bit. Meanwhile the Stoa Basileios kills your public order (-15) while not really giving that much more taxes compared to the Padeia Civic. In consequence I decided to stick with the level three Padeia Civic almost everywhere and I feel like either the both Stoai need to be improved to make them worthwhile level four buildings, or you'd need a third level four building that carries on the functionalities of the Padeia Civic (moderate income, public order, and tax rate boost). I'd favour the former though: Scrap the -15 Public order on the Stoa Basileios, just give it a hefty native discontent (60%?), make public order a little less than level 3 (+6) and keep the nice income bonuses as they are now. Scrap the tax exemption on the Stoa Zeus, make income bonuses slightly less than level 3 and keep the anti-native discontent and add a bit more public order (+10). Thus the two would be perfectly fitted to your calm home and rebellious outer provinces.
    • The diplomatic bonus you get from the higher level state controlled cities of the greek/macedonian line is too strong. At +8/+12 on tier 5 per city it makes diplomacy a piece of cake - everybody has +150 relationship with you, you can declare war, break alliances, extort puppet statery as you please and everbody will be happy to make peace with you for naught or even offer you money and more vassalage for it. Tuning it down to +2/+3 maybe would make it less overpowered but still a worthwhile investment.

Hope you consider some of that, but needless to say the mod is brilliant work already as it is. I especially love the great and useful variety of AOR units that add a lot fo flavour to the campaign.
    Last edited by Iskar; September 17, 2018 at 04:54 PM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

I came from Warhammer total war to this and i just realized that when you give an order, its default to walk, I for the life of me cannot understand why, I give a unit a order and later I look to see where they are and they are walking, its extremely frustrating, attack orders are set to walk and you have to manually command them to run, is there a way to make it like warhammer total war where the default is running? b/c I am fighting with the controls to play and its extremely frustrating

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra82 View Post
    I came from Warhammer total war to this and i just realized that when you give an order, its default to walk, I for the life of me cannot understand why, I give a unit a order and later I look to see where they are and they are walking, its extremely frustrating, attack orders are set to walk and you have to manually command them to run, is there a way to make it like warhammer total war where the default is running? b/c I am fighting with the controls to play and its extremely frustrating
    does Stamina plays a role in warhammer?
    just use the "R" button....

Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    does Stamina plays a role in warhammer?
    just use the "R" button....
    Or double click when giving the command...

That's strange, no matter how I move my units they default to run, and I have to hit R to ensure they're walking.

This has probably been brought up already but can you guys change some of the lines for greek soldiers that give reference to the Roman faction like "For the glory of rome!"? Or is that not possible?

Why Arsacid Dynasty is so weak ?
    I mean, maybe i m just bad, but i cant win any battle with the Parthians: their heavy cavalry is really good, but they have the worst infantry ever (not a problem for a cavalry based faction), but the true problem are their horses archers: they are so useless; no dammages and 0 moral, they run away as soon as they can...

Have you any tips to play with them ?

Probably not the right topic, but i dont know where am i supposed to write this.

Sorry for my (amazing) english

First of all I love you guys for this mod and thank you!
    second, please give me an edict that does nothing or remove the messages telling me I'm not using an edict. Because they all have boosts and needs. none of them just provide a boost