Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Very good mod, surprisingly good. This reminds me of Rome 2 DEI. I think there's a still few things, that should be reworked or at least take a look. Food policy, you have to build almost in every province some farms or starvation begins. Maybe you can decrease food consumption or increase production? Can you add campus martius inside city of Rome? it was already built in divide et impera mod in rome 2. Also squalor levels should be decreased, but only 1 or 2 levels. Character loyalty, You cant give any positions to any generals or governors because their loyalty is wavering almost instantly. I had only 1 bug so far in this game, rebels have occupied ibossimin and city was razed. You can't see them, but still they occupy this island.

Keep up good work with this mod, I think its gonna be better than DEI.

Greetings!

Any chance of incorporating this into the game?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...building-slots

Would be pretty cool to expand upon the buildings within the towns, to make major capitols or specific provinces stronger. (I especially like the idea for major city states with minor territory, like most of greece and pergamum.)

Even if its just to hardcode some special buildings, like wonders etc. it would be really cool.
    May You Rest In Peace Calvin

Having a nice game as Nabatea. 1 brief bug notification: siege of Hira -- I was unable to build siege weapons as the game said the city lacked walls but guess what ? When I stormed it there were towering solid walls all around it! My men could only stand by and fire some arrows over whilst drinking camel milkshakes and wondering why they weren't allowed to assemble any siege weapons !
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Having a nice game as Nabatea. 1 brief bug notification: siege of Hira -- I was unable to build siege weapons as the game said the city lacked walls but guess what ? When I stormed it there were towering solid walls all around it! My men could only stand by and fire some arrows over whilst drinking camel milkshakes and wondering why they weren't allowed to assemble any siege weapons !
    We're looking into that. It's been reported many times and appears to have been introduced with the patch - unintentionally. More news on the next update will follow this weekend
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a question, when will custom city battle maps for campaign map be updated, and when will Rome (great looking map) be expanded and add the Collsuem, Imperial Palace etc?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Would it be possible to make the 'faction leader' able to hold offices? I suppose it isn't as that is already an office. I've always wanted to make the faction leader of Rome into an immortal non usable character and call it Venus Genetrix or something then make the 'heir' position into the pater familias.
    Just because I always forget about or ignore my faction leader as Rome since he cant hold offices.

I dont know if this has already been mentioned but rebel armies do not appear. Im always receiving messages that there are rebellions but there are no armies on the map.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    I dont know if this has already been mentioned but rebel armies do not appear. Im always receiving messages that there are rebellions but there are no armies on the map.
    as far as i know, they patched it out temporaly to avoid crashes

When I was playing as Pergamon I felt that the family politics were a little too easy and I would like to see more civil wars and such. I haven't played any other faction yet so I don't know if it's different with the others. How much of a challenge was it for all of you other people?

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jakoporeeno View Post
    When I was playing as Pergamon I felt that the family politics were a little too easy and I would like to see more civil wars and such. I haven't played any other faction yet so I don't know if it's different with the others. How much of a challenge was it for all of you other people?
    Well, than you got lucky, sometimes it seems easy but it can drop very quick, just kill your leader and you might experience that

Do you plan on changing the maps for fort battles? Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakoporeeno View Post
    Plays out differently in each campaign for me. Don't get too complacent lol

I know you already said some of the Barbarian Factions are not completely working properly, but could we get a list of exactly which ones please?

For example I started a campaign with Getae and saw almost all tech research took 1 turn, and there was blank victory conditions.... so obviously this faction is playable only on a bare level...
    Then I booted up another Barbarian faction game with Iceni, and victory conditions were there and also the tech research was normal, so this one works fully.

thanks

^ All thracian and dacian technologies will only take 1 turn. They know about this bug though.

played 2 campaigns as Makedon and Pergamon for well over 100 turns each. some questions and suggestions:

not a biggie but it'd be better (if possible) to have Thessaloniki as Pella and Cyzicus as Pergamon.
    as i posted on discord (which i cant access no more) having Masinissa start the game as a leader of small cavalry contingents on the Scipio's side would be pretty neat.
    can pike units be bumped to 256 men to match syntagma?
    no 'liberation' option available at all?
    Armenian family tree and names need some improvements.
    and the elephant in the room - not sure if it will be at all possible one day but having Rome II map imported would be absolutely great. Augustus map in particular would be fantastic as the current Attila one just isnt centered on the Mediterranean and contains too few settlements (i.e. 1 in Sicily, 3 for whole of Greece)
    probably impossible to implement but would be great to have walled settlement models for minor towns. maybe model of level 2 or 3 of a walled city so that we can actually see the walls on the campaign map?

it is a very solid game now though. very impressed with the stability of the latest build, a massive difference to what it was like before, thanks for that. and really hope the development will continue, thanks again!

Cheers Sarkiss. I know I've lagged behind on the Armenian names, sorry for that.

Liberation should be possible for all Greeks so that's something I'll look into. Re unit sizes - maybe, but wouldn't that cause issues on walls or ships? Map can't be imported, unfortunately. The settlement names I think are final given their geographical locations, but don't take me as an authority on the question
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I can answer in regard to the city names: Thessalonica was chosen over Pella since both cities were around at the time, but only Thessalonica was actually a coastal city as is indicated on the map. It is also more geographically accurate, as alluded to by Sheridan (we cannot move the cities in game). Cyzicus was chosen much for the same reason - it is far more geographically close to the real life Cyzicus than Pergamon and the in game city is coastal, which Pergamon itself was not (though it was quite close; the main reason for this one is the geography).

Disappointing, perhaps, but the map is what it is.
    Last edited by Spariel; April 22, 2019 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    I can answer in regard to the city names: Thessalonica was chosen over Pella since both cities were around at the time, but only Thessalonica was actually a coastal city as is indicated on the map. It is also more geographically accurate, as alluded to by Sheridan (we cannot move the cities in game). Cyzicus was chosen much for the same reason - it is far more geographically close to the real life Cyzicus than Pergamon and the in game city is coastal, which Pergamon itself was not (though it was quite close; the main reason for this one is the geography).

Disappointing, perhaps, but the map is what it is.
    Is the Pergamon city battle map in use though? Or would that cause issues with ships?

Also isn't the lack of a 'liberation' option due to there being no 'original owners' assigned for the regions...

A few suggestions for improving this mod, which is quite amazing already -- great job by the way. Not sure how many of these are working as intended or bugs.

1) I have noticed that AI armies still have the forced march stance, which has a -8 integrity penalty. As a result, there are lots of AI armies with very low integrity all over the map.
    2) I think it would be nice if you guys focus a little bit on the AI. Not sure how much can be done there but any improvement is very welcome.
    3) Put back the crown signs for faction leaders and heirs.
    4) The music tracks truncate sometimes, this is surely a bug?
    5) I'm playing as Nabatea, and my nobility support has been at 0% all game long. Is that because I have only my faction leader (and his wife) as family member?

1) I'm pretty sure we intend to modify some of these values to be more moderate for the next release.
    2) Would love to have a better AI, but as you acknowledge it isn't easy.
    3) Can't answer there.
    4) Causeless actually made a patch for this which seems to work seamlessly, so hopefully it should be attached to the next public release.
    5) A number of factions have issues with political/popular support at the start, though I believe this is a startpos issue and recently we've come to a roadblock in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    1) I'm pretty sure we intend to modify some of these values to be more moderate for the next release.
    2) Would love to have a better AI, but as you acknowledge it isn't easy.
    3) Can't answer there.
    4) Causeless actually made a patch for this which seems to work seamlessly, so hopefully it should be attached to the next public release.
    5) A number of factions have issues with political/popular support at the start, though I believe this is a startpos issue and recently we've come to a roadblock in that area.
    Thanks Spariel. About 1), have you guys thought about removing forced march altogether? Actually, is that even possible?