Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Default Re: [Feedback] Suggestions & Improvements thread

Nerfs* I can't edit my post for some reason

Would it be possible to add more AOR units? Especially elite units such as Thracian Shock Infantry and more cavalry units.

Do the fertility buildings actually change the color code of a region when looking at it from the strategic map? Say a region is yellow in fertility will building fertility buildings get it green?

Yes they will
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Feedback after playing a few Campaigns. Seems like the AI is not very good at managing buildings in their settlements. They always prioritize building public order buildings with a -1000 maintenance cost rather then build stuff that increases food or wealth. Another issue i have, (and this one is driving me nuts) is how every settlement has walls. Doesn't matter what level the settlement is or whether its a major or minor settlement, every single damn settlement has walls. After the 20th siege on a minor low level settlement, it starts to wear thin lol. Another one and its a very minor one. (probably not even worth mentioning) There seems to be a lack of blood on the campaign map. Nothing is better then seeing your general cut off the head of the other general you just won against in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by darkness soul99 View Post
    Feedback after playing a few Campaigns. Seems like the AI is not very good at managing buildings in their settlements. They always prioritize building public order buildings with a -1000 maintenance cost rather then build stuff that increases food or wealth. Another issue i have, (and this one is driving me nuts) is how every settlement has walls. Doesn't matter what level the settlement is or whether its a major or minor settlement, every single damn settlement has walls. After the 20th siege on a minor low level settlement, it starts to wear thin lol. Another one and its a very minor one. (probably not even worth mentioning) There seems to be a lack of blood on the campaign map. Nothing is better then seeing your general cut off the head of the other general you just won against in battle.
    I don't think animations with blood exist for the campaign do they? I've never seen one at least.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I do not know how to fix this exactly, but so far in my every campaign just like in vanilla and other ATW mods, you really quickly get crazy random empires. Like for example Bactria starts showing up in Armenia and Asia minor, or some celtic faction conquers Sardinia.

I don't know how Divide Et Impera somehow manages to avoid that for the most part in RTW2, there are empires but its at least the major playable factions and they do not have crazy random territory.
    Have a plan in mind for this. The major factions generally have more territory to defend without enough income to assert control over their territory against rivals. Every faction has a background income (something like 3,000) that disproportionately favours small, one- or two-region minors. A solution would be to selectively raise the base income for major factions to give them a fighting chance. Many mods have done this in Rome 2.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

this mod is so crazy unbalanced
    I started with a Greek faction, they had a full stack and earn -4K per turn, great
    every faction I tried is starving because the food balance is FUBAR
    then there's this weird unit number thing, just keep it vanilla so I can edit it to 300 infantry size
    then there's the unit balancing, where some units are useless fodder that touch eachother and they both rout, while others are demigods that can stand their own , attacking a pikewall from the frunt, getting hit from both flanks and still coming out on top after a half hour battle

nah
    I tried it, and it's one of those stupid "realism is difficult" when it's supposed to be a game, at least let me start out with something so I can build it up instead of dying from starvation because a lvl 2 farm cant sustain a lvl 2 small settlement, and no building slots left
    I can't believe you made me download a mod, and then let me spend 45 minutes rebalancing everything but the units, and still get a very bad mod

Civis

The campaign is unstable, after 100 turns, I have many CTDs at the end of my shift.

I apologize for my english

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyballs01 View Post
    I can't believe you made me download a mod

no one made you download anything

Thanks for this great mod and the idea behind to pick the ancient era over Attila. Some Ideas from my side:- Blood mod: Up to now it doesnt seem anybody put his Hand on this, so they is everywhere too much blood. Some more realistic would be nice and some better, darker Colours (remember Medieval I, where soldiers had bloody/dirty Skins after battle). Look at Radious mod. Or Maybe (to catch everyones personal taste) there could be 2 or 3 Sub-Mods with different blood visuality ?- Finishing Moves: Could be some more often- Battle Cam: As I remember it s not possible to put the cam near to the Ground to give you a better battle-Feeling - Skill-Tree: Many Buildings are still unfinished- for example the German "Kimbern" (the folk settled in denmark)- there religious "Buildings" (Stone-Circles and Groves) have None description and nobody know why to use a specific one Biggest Show stopper for me:Game always crashes after Round 80 withoud any error message. Game is new installed and only AE Mod on it (2 Basic Modules and some AE Submods)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have one suggestion. Please can Media faction get an Immortal Unit? DEI has one, it would be nice to see it here. So far I have seen the Hellenika Mod and the Hegemony Mod give the Immortals good representation - I know the 500 BC look of Immortals may be out of date - but the palace robes look awesome. Anyway an Immortal unit would be nice!

hi, is any possible with mod to add more town and region ? tnx

Having to wait a turn to build siege weapons in order to take a settlement without walls, who thought that would be a good idea ?
    I'm itching to know the rationalization behind this mind boggling mechanic

I build the siege equipment, load into the battle map only to immediately drop the siege equipment BECAUSE THERE IS NO WALLS TO CLIMB
    Last edited by Sagat; January 11, 2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Having to wait a turn to build siege weapons in order to take a settlement without walls, who thought that would be a good idea ?
    I'm itching to know the rationalization behind this mind boggling mechanic

I build the siege equipment, load into the battle map only to immediately drop the siege equipment BECAUSE THERE IS NO WALLS TO CLIMB
    All settlements are walled in the mod. If you encountered one that is not walled, that is a bug and should be reported in the bug thread. What was the settlement's name and owner?

Sheridan I dont recall, I exited the campaign in frustration, and the Quick/Auto saves were overwritten....... it was a settlement with 2 levels, ground level was accessible that's where the battle immediately took place.... and then the second upper level was walled, but you had points of entry where you could fight through, so obviously there was no use for ladders or siege equipment...

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Played a campaign - 400 turns as Rome on VH and the biggest problems were the Rebels and lack of 4TPY(known problems) and the Ultra low Culture Conversion rates. Its Insane you have to wait 200 turns with Tier 3 Temple,Ports, city Chain ect and still be at 40-50% Latin Culture and hardly can go up above... This is the Biggest Criticism of the mod so far. Everything else in the Mod is PERFECT (minus some buggy siege custom maps) !!!

My Roman cavalry takes INSANE casualties when disengaging the enemy, usually around 25%, making cycle charge nearly impossible unless you have another unit to pin the one you're attacking. Even a light skirmishing units will run as fast as my horses and mow down my cavalry when I'm trying to get away. I think the main problem is the cavalry are extremely slow when turning around and running away, I don't know if a simple speed buff would help but it is really annoying to watch my cavalry disappear when attacking missile troops. A common situation is my cavalry will be unable to quickly route a missile unit, and an enemy cavalry or spear unit will start making their way over, and when I have to disengage my cavalry unit gets demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by theLuchii View Post
    My Roman cavalry takes INSANE casualties when disengaging the enemy, usually around 25%, making cycle charge nearly impossible unless you have another unit to pin the one you're attacking. Even a light skirmishing units will run as fast as my horses and mow down my cavalry when I'm trying to get away. I think the main problem is the cavalry are extremely slow when turning around and running away, I don't know if a simple speed buff would help but it is really annoying to watch my cavalry disappear when attacking missile troops. A common situation is my cavalry will be unable to quickly route a missile unit, and an enemy cavalry or spear unit will start making their way over, and when I have to disengage my cavalry unit gets demolished.
    I also find this very frustrating - defeats the purpose of most cavalry, doesn't it? However, it exists in vanilla as well as the mod. As of yet I haven't been able to fix it... perhaps someome else knows more