Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's America is taking children away from their parents at the border and detaining them separately

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Trump's America is taking children away from their parents at the border and detaining them separately

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Ultimately, the greatest crime these children and families have committed is not being huwhite. All they have to do is correct this crime and they'll be free to move around these United States like that other illegal immigrant, Ryan Reynolds
    Not being huwhat? If you mean not being wealthy, then you have a point. Money afterall can open many doors. Including buy you entry into several countries.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Trump's America is taking children away from their parents at the border and detaining them separately

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Not being huwhat? If you mean not being wealthy, then you have a point. Money afterall can open many doors. Including buy you entry into several countries.
    Yes, wealth may shield illegals from being violated by the Border Force and ICE but not everyone is wealthy and when you're like these hispanics, you can't expect the American people who voted in President Cheetos to sympathise with people who don't speak the same language as them, look different and are a different ethnicity to them.
    This is why i say the biggest crime that these illegal immigrants have committed is not being huwhite. Can you imagine the American public or even President Trump being as accepting of heavyhanded techniques if these illegal immigrants came from a non " hole" country like Norway?

Yes, wealth may shield illegals from being violated by the Border Force and ICE but not everyone is wealthy and when you're like these hispanics, you can't expect the American people who voted in President Cheetos to sympathise with people who don't speak the same language as them, look different and are a different ethnicity to them.
    This is why i say the biggest crime that these illegal immigrants have committed is not being huwhite. Can you imagine the American public or even President Trump being as accepting of heavyhanded techniques if these illegal immigrants came from a non " hole" country like Norway?
    So you mean white. No I don't think you are right in this. Perhaps after you get entry into the country you might fit in more easily than the latinos. If you have the necessary qualifications (and you would be more likely to coming from a wealthier country) you might even manage to earn a proper living. Not to mention that people from such wealthier countries would be much more likely to try the legal route in the first place. But trust me when I say that immigration authorities in the US and other wealthy new-world countries can be brutal regardless of skin colour. I have my own personal experiences, that have included detention, ill-treatment and PTSD as proof for that.
    Last edited by Alastor; June 19, 2018 at 10:18 AM.

Correct, it's dictated by circumstance (with the notable exception of child abuse cases). I wouldn't be at all surprised if some members of this current administration are quite happy with this circumstance. But again the law should be properly and fully enforced. If I made a guess why this is happening, it would be that this law was probably enacted at a time when the majority of immigrants were adult males. So migrant families and how it would affect them probably wasn't given much thought. Still this is on Congress. Not on Trump. And until the law is changed, I don't believe that illegal immigrant criminals should in any way be treated different to, much less better than, citizen criminals.
    Well that is entirely fair, though I still disagree with you on the last point. Illegal entry is a very specific crime and we should consider the traumatizing effect on the children that is likely to result from being separated from their parents in a strange country where they've ended up through no fault of their own. The separation of domestic criminals and their children can hardly be avoided (and the kids are rarely left completely without a single parent or other familiar guardian), but with illegals both the parent and the child are effectively "detained", so I really see no reason why they should be located separately.

It sure does suck that parents of those kids are morons who forced their kids to go through this because they decided to break the law by immigrating illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It sure does suck that parents of those kids are morons who forced their kids to go through this because they decided to break the law by immigrating illegally.
    Pragmatically speaking this rise in children migrants accompanying their parents, or others pretending to be their parents, is partly a direct result of the inconsistent enforcement of the law. By effectively turning children into a "get out of jail free card", the past US authorities merely encouraged potential illegal immigrants to drag their children with them, in the hope of escaping the full measure of the law.

Hitlary Clinton

Barack Hitler Obama
    https://twitter.com/OliverMcGee/stat...28564836749312

Dishonest and fake liberal outrage is disgusting.

It's amazing how far people will go to defend Trump. Do us a favor, stop playing mental gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Hitlary Clinton

Barack Hitler Obama
    https://twitter.com/OliverMcGee/stat...28564836749312

Dishonest and fake liberal outrage is disgusting.
    I don't understand what the problem with what she said is. It's also completely different from what Trump is doing.

Right - let's get back on topic rather than alt-righters trying to change the topic to Hillary.

Trump has today contradicted his previous claims that this is all the fault of the Democrats, and is now saying "we have to" take children from their parents:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44538110

Why tho?

Meanwhile the number of states refusing to have their National Guard at the border has increased to 12. Governor Cuomo is launching a multi-agency lawsuit against the Trump administration:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/19/p...uit/index.html
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; June 19, 2018 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    It's amazing how far people will go to defend Trump. Do us a favor, stop playing mental gymnastics.

I don't understand what the problem with what she said is. It's also completely different from what Trump is doing.

Lmao really dude? She repeatedly dodges the question while at the same time hinting she'd do exactly that and yes, it's amazing how far people will go to attack Brumpf. Do us a favour, stop playing with mental gimnastics.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 20, 2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Personal references deleted.

Looking for a single interview to symbolise the Trump administration's cruelty and barbarism? Enjoy former Trump Campaign Chief Corey dickhead saying "womp womp" in response to the report a ten year old girl with Down's Syndrome was snatched from her mother at the border:

https://twitter.com/passantino/statu...20051172495361
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 20, 2018 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Right - let's get back on topic rather than alt-righters trying to change the topic to Hillary.

Trump has today contradicted his previous claims that this is all the fault of the Democrats, and is now saying "we have to" take children from their parents:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44538110

Why tho?
    In post 113 I provided a quote from a source, the NYT, you linked. Indeed in various posts you were asserting the ignorance of other posters and whinging about the "sacrifice" you were making to get the other posters to read (e.g. post 77 et.al.).

Your own source said:
    "From the NYT article Ferrets linked:"Under President Barack Obama, the authorities initially responded to a similar surge in illegal border crossings by setting up family detention centers where children and their parents could be held together. But in response to a lawsuit against the Obama administration, a judge ruled that the Flores settlement also prohibited children from being detained with their parents." (My emphasis)

Did you read your own linked source?

I also asked a couple of question in response to an assertion you made. I await answer to those questions, presuming, of course, that you, considering your criticism of the ignorance of other posters, were not speaking out of ignorance.

I responded to that before you raised it. The short answer is that the Obama administration did not enforce the separation of children from parents, as the Trump administration is now executing as intentional policy. Sorry you feel I haven't granted you enough individual attention?

Also... partisan whataboutism is boring. How about you respond to the topic?

I responded to that before you raised it. The short answer is that the Obama administration did not enforce the separation of children from parents, as the Trump administration is now executing as intentional policy. Sorry you feel I haven't granted you enough individual attention?

Also... partisan whataboutism is boring. How about you respond to the topic?
    .Notice how Ferrets54, who has repeatedly chastised others for ignorance, asked a question "and is now saying "we have to" take children from their parents:
    Why tho?"

I provide an answer from Ferrets' own source.

The answer being that a Judge ruled that children can not be detained with their parents.

Ferrets claims that a direct answer to his question is partisan whataboutism and that it is not it is off topic.

And still no answer to my questions in post 113. This indicates Ferrets was speaking out of the ignorance he has been decrying.

How does that answer why you have to? The previous administration didn't have to. This specific administration has created new policy to do it.

Sorry dude. Not everybody is sucking this hard on Trump's tweets.

How does that answer why you have to? The previous administration didn't have to. This specific administration has created new policy to do it.
    The "previous administration" attempted to detain them together, in order to deter others from illegally entering the country. Finding that they were being held widespread deplorable conditions, conditions that did not meet minimum legal requirements a judge also ruled that they could not be detained together.
    The "created new policy" of "this specific administration" is to enforce the law. Part of that involves detaining those who illegally enter the country. However, children, as the article you provided as a source said, they can not be detained together.

Sorry dude. Not everybody is sucking this hard on Trump's tweets.
    This makes no sense.

Right and dropping the whataboutism, what about this administration's enforcement of this barbarism? Any on topic views at all?

Indefinitely Banned

So you mean white. No I don't think you are right in this. Perhaps after you get entry into the country you might fit in more easily than the latinos. If you have the necessary qualifications (and you would be more likely to coming from a wealthier country) you might even manage to earn a proper living. Not to mention that people from such wealthier countries would be much more likely to try the legal route in the first place. But trust me when I say that immigration authorities in the US and other wealthy new-world countries can be brutal regardless of skin colour. I have my own personal experiences, that have included detention, ill-treatment and PTSD as proof for that.
    I find it hard to believe that the US ICE or Border Force would be this brutal or exacting if it came to a tourist overstaying his visa, especially if they're from say the UK or Australia compared to the illegal immigrant mexicans who are considered by the majority of Trumpland huwhite america, to be nothing more than cock-a-roaches, ready to steal their jerbs.

Ultimately, what this policy of taking kids away from their parents is, is the result of the USG blaming everything on foreigners and refusing to take responsibility for the offshoring, the lack of good jobs, and the crap infrastructure and social services.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

I find it hard to believe that the US ICE or Border Force would be this brutal or exacting if it came to a tourist overstaying his visa, especially if they're from say the UK or Australia compared to the illegal immigrant mexicans who are considered by the majority of Trumpland huwhite america, to be nothing more than cock-a-roaches, ready to steal their jerbs.

Ultimately, what this policy of taking kids away from their parents is, is the result of the USG blaming everything on foreigners and refusing to take responsibility for the offshoring, the lack of good jobs, and the crap infrastructure and social services.
    true, and lets not forget, this started as a deterrent to immigrants even back under obama. which is oc a nonsensical move, parents whose children are threatend with murder and rape back home wont be deterred by camps. but the whole anti-immigrant rhetoric also serves to normalize it, so people will be ok with having for-profit child prisons in their own country.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

SO the Democrats have rejected a Republican-backed bill that would have kept families together at the border. Chuck Shumer saying he wants to keep the pressure on Trump.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.