Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's America is taking children away from their parents at the border and detaining them separately

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    God... what ing dark God do I need to sacrifice to to get you to read a ing thing?

https://www.businessinsider.sg/immig...8-6/?r=US&IR=T
    That’s an unfortunate individual case, her not speaking English nor Spanish didn’t help. A shame her parents put her through that by getting themselves arrested for a misdemeanour.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libra...demeanors.html
    In criminal law, a misdemeanor is a lesser type of crime that is usually punished by a monetary fine and/or a short jail sentence of less than one year. A misdemeanor is a criminal offense that is less serious than a felony, but more serious than an infraction. Many jurisdictions set different classes of misdemeanors: high or gross misdemeanors, regular misdemeanors, and petty misdemeanors.
    Common examples of misdemeanors include petty theft offenses,public intoxication, trespassing, displaying or distributing obscene materials, false imprisonment, stalking, and simple assault. Misdemeanors also include incomplete crimes such as conspiracy.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor
    In the United States, the federal government generally considers a crime punishable with incarceration for one year or less to be a misdemeanor. All other crimes are considered felonies.[7] Many states also employ the same or a similar distinction.[8]
    Why do you suddenly not want punishment when a crime is committed? Is it not a just law to prosecute tresspassers?

Literally every one mention asylum applicants. Maybe the problem is you don't understand applying for asylum is not illegal? Add that to the pile of ing ignorance on show then.
    Illegal entry is not necessary to claim asylum, there are perfectly good legal channels.
    Last edited by NorseThing; June 19, 2018 at 07:08 PM. Reason: consecutive posts by member
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: Trump's America is taking children away from their parents at the border and detaining them separately

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Entering illegally. Do you understand what the word means? You spoke of people being separated from their families without breaking the law. You have presented no evidence. Only insults. Concede the point like a grown up.
    Fine - stick your fingers in your ears and remain ignorant, that makes you deserving of insults and contempt. But it's a ing dumb tactic dude, because this issue isn't going away and we'll see more and more examples of asylum seekers being treated this way and you will have to eat your words like so much dog shite.

And that's before we even get to the point: it's unjustifiable and inhumane to treat children this way regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    That’s an unfortunate individual case
    How the do you know? Is every example of savagery from this unecessary policy going to be so airily dismissed?

Illegal entry is not necessary to claim asylum, there are perfectly good legal channels.
    OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD READ SOMETHING

THATS THE POINT

THATS THE ING POINT

THEY ARE USING LEGAL CHANNELS

THIS IS STILL HAPPENING

READ SOMETHING. ANYTHING

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trump's America is taking children away from their parents at the border and detaining them separately

No, they’re only getting arrested if they commit the crime of illegally crossing. The word of a random activist is about as trustworthy as the white helmets in Syria. That is to say, not at all.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Fine - stick your fingers in your ears and remain ignorant, that makes you deserving of insults and contempt. But it's a ing dumb tactic dude, because this issue isn't going away and we'll see more and more examples of asylum seekers being treated this way and you will have to eat your words like so much dog shite.
    As far as conceding points go, I've seen it done in more mature ways. Regardless, I'll take it.

And that's before we even get to the point: it's unjustifiable and inhumane to treat children this way regardless.
    As for this. In my very first post here, I said that children should be treated in the most humane way possible. The issue here is that when people get arrested, their children suffer. And that doesn't just apply to illegal immigrants, it applies to everyone. Not sure what could be done, in no way should children be seen as a "get out of jail free card" for instance. But, nevertheless it is a topic that merits attention.

So this will go down as the thread where Ferrets46 compared Mexican kids eating hamburgers and watching Mexico kicking Germany's ass in the world cup to Hitler gassing the jews, while at the same time repeatedly refusing to propose any solution whatsoever to the issue and dehumanizing everyone that disagrees with him as alt right to put into gulags.

Rofl.

No, they’re only getting arrested if they commit the crime of illegally crossing.
    I mean... what can you do. I think it's the most contemptible thing to actually choose to be ignorant.

No dude. People who have presented themselves at border crossings, applying for asylum legally, have had their children taken from them. This fact is not going away just because you want it to.

The issue here is that when people get arrested, their children suffer.
    Not in this way until Trump's administration made it so. Another fact that is not going away.

No dude. People who have presented themselves at border crossings, applying for asylum legally, have had their children taken from them. This fact is not going away just because you want it to.
    And here I thought you conceded that point. Again, you have provided no evidence of that. Obviously if it's happening just like that, it's not right. But it's not happening just because some activist said so.

Not in this way until Trump's administration made it so. Another fact that is not going away.
    What is that even supposed to mean? Children didn't suffer when their parents got arrested until Trump? What nonsense.

And here I thought you conceded that point.
    You think a lot of things that aren't true, we have established that.

What is that even supposed to mean? Children didn't suffer when their parents got arrested until Trump? What nonsense.
    lol, evasion dude. No, if you need me to use finger puppets:

THIS POLICY OF RIPPING FAMILIES APART AND PUTTING CHILDREN IN CAGES WITHOUT APPROPRIATE CARE HAS BEEN PUT IN PLACE BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION

McCain: Trump's child separation policy is "an affront to the decency of the American people":

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...-an-affront-to

Those of you who have decency, time to stand up and be counted.

Yeah, let's make the count of the traitors who want to abolish the borders of the country.

1) McCain

You think a lot of things that aren't true, we have established that.
    Evidently, for a moment I actually thought you could behave like an adult. I mean imagine that.
    lol, evasion dude. No, if you need me to use finger puppets:

THIS POLICY OF RIPPING FAMILIES APART AND PUTTING CHILDREN IN CAGES WITHOUT APPROPRIATE CARE HAS BEEN PUT IN PLACE BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION
    Put it in as big letters as you like, hell make it visible from the moon even, it doesn't make your statement any less skewed. The policy is simply to enforce the existing law. Nothing further. Even Sessions doesn't say anything but that in his oft-referred memo. No mention of families, or children or flying ponies. Yes I actually read it, did you? And if you don't like that then ask that the law is changed. Guess who is responsible for that. Here, I'll make it easy for you. It starts with Cong and ends with ress.

Evidently, for a moment I actually thought you could behave like an adult. I mean imagine that.
    Put it in as big letters as you like, hell make it visible from the moon even, it doesn't make your statement any less skewed. The policy is simply to enforce the existing law. Nothing further. Even Sessions doesn't say anything but that in his oft-referred memo. No mention of families, or children or flying ponies. Yes I actually read it, did you? And if you don't like that then ask that the law is changed. Guess who is responsible for that. Here, I'll make it easy for you. It starts with Cong and ends with ress.
    Can you cite this law?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Can you cite this law?
    Gigantus already quoted 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a). That is the law that Sessions is talking about in his memo. His post is only 2 pages back.

Gigantus already quoted 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a). That is the law that Sessions is talking about in his memo. His post is only 2 pages back.
    Debunked several times already. Let's do it again:

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174431...arated-parents

When the Obama administration attempted to respond to the “crisis” of families and unaccompanied children crossing the border in summer 2014, it put hundreds of families in immigration detention — a practice that had basically ended several years before. But federal courts stopped the administration from holding families for months without justifying the decision to keep them in detention. So most families ended up getting released while their cases were pending — which immigration hawks have derided as “catch and release.” In some cases, they disappeared into the US rather than showing up for their court dates.

The Trump administration has stepped up detention of asylum seekers (and immigrants, period). But because there are such strict limits on keeping children in immigration detention, it’s had to release most of the families it’s caught.

The government’s solution has been to prosecute larger numbers of immigrants for illegal entry — including, in a break from previous administrations, large numbers of asylum seekers. That allows the Trump administration to ship children off to ORR, rather than keeping them in immigration detention.

Debunked several times already. Let's do it again:

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/174431...arated-parents
    How exactly has it been debunked? Is it not still the law? Yes it is. Does it change the fact that the policy is to follow the law? No it doesn't.
    And your quote doesn't address either of these points.

Read his post. Saw nothing about separating children from their parents.
    The Armenian Issue

Why would you have to see sth like that? The law speaks of imprisonment as punishment for people entering the country illegally. Now what happens to children of people thrown in jail? They get separated from their parents.

Boo ing hoo, we should send the children back to the parents too.

Using children as an anchor, these people make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Solution to this liberals. 4th time. Any takers?

At this point I'm starting to think they just want to use illegal minors as meat shield in case of a civil war in the US.
    How about setting up specialized detention centers with suitable facilities for children so that families don't need to be separated?

Yes, the majority of the blame for this mess lies with the illegals themselves, but a civilized country - even one that protects its borders - will try and find a tactful way of dealing with such crisis.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Under the old law that I quoted immigration violations were treated as federal violations - in which case the separation of children from parents is not done. The lately passed law has elevated immigration violations to criminal status under which it is normal to separate children from their parents.

Hence the claim 'we only follow procedure' when separating children from the parents that violated the, now criminal, law.