Thread: Distance to capital

Default Distance to capital

With the option to pick faction capital, are you planning on making public order effects based on distance to capital?

Default Re: Distance to capital

Not currently, that would require a custom scripting system and to be honest, we are pushing the limit on that with mod performance/turn time etc

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I believe it will be a sweet feature as well. Perhaps we could as Litharion for its impact at some point.

Well it would have to check the location of every region in relation to your capital every single turn, assuming its even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Well it would have to check the location of every region in relation to your capital every single turn, assuming its even possible.
    That'll probably be quite stressful for the engine. We'll not lose anything by checking though.

Thank you for the responses. I hope you manage to find a way to give significance to capital changes.
    Something like a ’new capital’ effect (increased public order and population growth), ’former capital’(decreased public order and population growth) would be great.
    About the ’distance to capital’ thing, if it’s too hard to calculate the distances I hope you can at least put in ’remote province’ effect (decreased public order) for provinces that are far away from capital province (maybe 5 provinces away). That would make large empires harder to manage.
    Last edited by Gioseppe; June 19, 2018 at 06:40 AM.

I'm all in for making things harder for the big blobs. We could revisit this at some point.

I do think its a very interesting idea, something to consider for a future update for sure!

Anything that makes blobbing harder (while being fairly realistic) is a really good thing.

I'm glad you think it's interesting. Of course, it's not my idea, it's something that was a big part of previous TW games I played. However, those games didn't have your amazing public order and population classes systems in place so it was far from perfect. I feel that the distance effect would really shine if you would manage to implement it in DEI.

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    Anything that makes blobbing harder (while being fairly realistic) is a really good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gioseppe View Post
    I feel that the distance effect would really shine if you would manage to implement it in DEI.
    Agreed.