Thread: Unit size

Laetus

Default Unit size

Hey all, I recently got a new computer, so I wanted to do some massing battles in campaign. I play TA:TW with DaC installed. Is there ANY WAY that I can multiply the unit size? I have heard about doing that in the campaign save, but I wanted to ask y'all. Manually, I can't set the unit size over 100 men in the export_descr_unit.txt file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

King Athelstan's Avatar Content Gaming Staff
    Content Staff

Default Re: Unit size

Is the in-game way of setting unit size not enough?

Signature by Lifthrasir

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by hge View Post
    Hey all, I recently got a new computer, so I wanted to do some massing battles in campaign. I play TA:TW with DaC installed. Is there ANY WAY that I can multiply the unit size? I have heard about doing that in the campaign save, but I wanted to ask y'all. Manually, I can't set the unit size over 100 men in the export_descr_unit.txt file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    There is a way-up to a point- but you realise that those units will be available in open field battles and in custom battles alone don't you?
    I explain. There is a reason why the game has small and normal size units. The reason is that those sizes fit on the settlements wall parts that bigger in number units can not! So with a huge in numbers unit you wont be able to defend your settlements simply because there are not such big wall parts to allow them to deploy.
    There are moments (in history), in which a nation owes,
    if it wants to be considered as a great one, to be able to fight.
    Even without hope of winning. Just because it has to.
    Greek War motto.
    XXI Armored Brigade. Proud that served in that unit in 1996!
    "Spartans do not ask how many (enemies are) but where they are"!
    XXI Armored Brigade's motto.
    The Greek Secret (or why they will fight again if it will be necessary or why they do not sell their history).

Laetus

@King Athelstan - I'd like it bigger.
    @Anthoniusll - I normally don't defend walls in the first place. In towns, I defend right behind the walls (archers do go on walls, however), in castles with more than one layer of defenses, I defend at the gates. If I could double unit sizes, it would make no real difference to my gameplay style.