Thread: Impressions&Thoughts

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Impressions&Thoughts

So, anyone played yet?. I'm at tier4 Barbarians (cavalry) and Romans (melee) path. Going to unlock tier5 two handed melee for barbarians soon.

What i liked so far:

Graphics,
    Battle pacing,
    Map balance.

What i disliked so far:

Dumb players,
    Sometimes unbalanced matches,
    1-2 seconds CPU lag.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Impressions&Thoughts

I started with the Roman (all infantry) up to tier 4, then started Greek (archers) and Barbarians (cavalry). Both are at tier 3 now. At the same time I also unlock Scipio and now at tier 3 with him. So basically I have 4 regiments?batalions? active.

Like and dislike is basicaly the same as you. Just confuse about one thing.

If one player disconected, which pkayer should have the priority to take over? Is there any written rules somewhere?

I assume the team leader is the name listed first and he/she will have priority or is the unit control should be given to the first player who loast all the units already?

I was playing this game since it was in close beta.
    I love it with all the way but from now, I'm not gonna play the game until they fix some of the ''stupid'' things.

1- No way to report dumb players + they don't get any punishment for their action except some minus battle point.

*I just enter to the new battle and one greek team-mate made hoplite phalanx and march on my infantry. As a result, I've lost %60 of my infantry just at the beginning of the battle. Same thing happens with ranged units.

2- There should be reconnect option to the battle.

*I lose my internet connection for 2-3 second and after that game started go on. I mean, I got my connection back. I can see other players moving their infantry but the game already kick me from the battle. And If you are player like me, who plays only roman faction, you should wait till the end of the battle.

3- The mixed faction team is stupid too.

*There should be Roman army vs Carthage army or Greece army vs Barbarian army. It would be more interesting + realistic.

SO I HOPE THEY WILL FIX THOSE THINGS AND I'LL DEFINITELY PLAY THE GAME. IT IS NICE GAME INDEED.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I've had access to the game since very early Alpha, vanguard and all that, and I did like it in the beginning, but I felt it started to become more and more of a pay2skipgrind, arcadey thingy, and not a proper Total War experience
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Unlocked tier6 legions and barbarian cavalry units. The game is becoming more unbalanced after you past Tier5. Phalanx murders everything, elephants and light artillery basically are demigods. If a team has more elephants or artillery units, its auto win for them.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

So far my biggest gameplay complaint is that you'll immediately penalize for FF. Many times when I am using missiles targetting a lone unit, there'll be some idiot from my team (especially cav) who wanted a quick kill and charged the enemy units while my missiles are still in the air. This resulted that I will be penalized for hitting my own team when I have no option to stop that volley.

I understand that FF is realistic but the first time I believe I should not be penalized (or rather penalize the idiot who charged blindly instead) but only recieve a warning the first time. I don't mind getting penalized if I keep firing into the engaged units though.

Another this is that I hope there's option to let team mates know if any members put a stake so they'll know in advance not to come towards the stakes we planted which caused us to be penalized also.

I just started playing. The graphics seem fine. I only played one battle (according to the stats, I guess the very first one doesn't count).
    I do not normally play multiplayer, because of the jerks. Is there a way to play with people you *know*?

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

You can party up to 4 people
    But there is one annoying limitation: You can't party up or even friend the players that are in other Regions (Servers).

4 is very limiting considering you can play up to 10 on a side. I get the server limit; however, they should allow you to choose your server. I guess this is a good thing; makes forums great for coordinating custom games.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    4 is very limiting considering you can play up to 10 on a side. I get the server limit; however, they should allow you to choose your server. I guess this is a good thing; makes forums great for coordinating custom games.
    Actually 4/10 is even more than enough for Random Battles considering how effective they can be.
    Think about it: A party bringing different type of units so they are prepared to face (almost) everything -and also using Voice chat.

Thou Custom battles don't have any limit. You can go up to full 10 against other 10.
    And actually Clans are already doing Tournaments.

Unfortunately you can only choose the Region when you create a WG account. (You can create more than one account but you will have to start over for each..) This is an odd WG policy..
    There is possibility that could be changed for Arena in future, but not yet.