Thread: about the installer

Default about the installer

do i just keep clicking yes to everything? cuz its been going on for a while now and it says that everything is already present
    kinda annoying having to hold down the y key, it should do this on its own!!

edit, this seems to only happen with german and french, it just started on italian and its doing it on it own

well the russian has problems of its own, says cannot find file when i look and see there is a russian sound pack in the folder!
    Last edited by Hells Bells; January 15, 2007 at 12:08 PM.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: about the installer

Like the readme says, you're not supposed to run the "install xenophonia.bat", so don't. I've also put up a warning not to use the installer bat on the download page. I'm sorry you didn't read the instructions, but there's really not much I can do there... As for having to hold down the y key, you can press "a" instead and it will overwrite everything. Since you didn't get the Russian soundpack installed, you will have to install it manually by moving the russian soundpack file to the m2tw folder and run it, allowing it to unpack, before running the game.

The next installer I make should allow for less babysitting on the user end, I hope.
    Last edited by Beiss; January 15, 2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

well i looked into the readme and it said the installer was corrupt etc. but then i remembered that on the dl thread said that the installer was fixed so then assumed everything was ok.
    i also did the russian pack manually.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

The posts in the dl thread cannot be edited. A responsible uploader can edit the contents of the dl post, but not the posts in the thread below it. Anyway, the readme will always be up to date, because I always upload a new version of it before any of the other files. I'm sorry things got screwed up for you and hope things are working now.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri