Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Direct Download] - Ancient Empires 2.0

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: 1.0.3g Non-Steam download links (updated Aug 5)

I'm just glad everyone using this thread is getting to play this mod. I"ve played hundreds of total war mods over the years and this is one of the best already and will continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    thank you! are these smaller patches savegame compatible?
    Generally speaking the more that is changed, the better it is to start a new game. With the smaller patches usually they won't be game breaking, but you might not get the effect of some of the improvements. So usually bug fixes and balancing is save game compatable but not startpos changes or new features are not. You can always move current version to another folder so you try out a new patch then roll back if it caused problems.

Default Re: direct downloads temporarily removed

clearly no mod even comes close to this one..do they want to be a part of your team?
    Last edited by donpenguin; August 10, 2018 at 05:25 AM.

Default Re: direct downloads restored!!! 1.03h (updated Aug 11)

We can now certify Ancient Empires to be 100% Celticus free, so i'm restoring direct downloads
    I've hosted the new version of pack one, but pack two won't finish uploading until tomorrow.
    We will have to resort to using the version of pack 2 from May 29 for now. You don't need to redownload it if you already have it.

pack 1 v1.03h - August 11th, 2018
    - Achaean League Political Power should be better to start off with.
    - Corrected missing general textures from the models pack
    - New features *the AI should now retreat more often when it is outnumbered heavily, it should also be much more likely to initiate night battles with high-command generals.
    - AI should be significantly more aggressive versus player settlements when they are ideal targets, and will use more strategical retreats when its own armies are battered.
    - Auto-resolve spearmen are now slightly stronger and auto-resolve has been adjusted in general. Will require testing to confirm that it's improved.
    - Difficulty scaling from imperium and difficulty level have been significantly altered, aiming for a harder campaign for those who choose.
    - New ancillary portraits
    - Building icons
    - Additional NEW 15 Roman Generals from Benjins' AAA Generals Mod
    - New UI Textures for Hellenic Factions

Pack 2 updated Aug 11
    - Corrected missing Roman General skins
    - Corrected missing tunics and cloaks

can you please not use mega anymore? it sucks.. it always force me to use their freaking app.. thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by donpenguin View Post
    can you please not use mega anymore? it sucks.. it always force me to use their freaking app.. thanks in advance!
    i dont use mega...i said that was a temporary download just until i finish uploading the new version. Someone else hosted it too help out before and i since i've uploaded many newer version i had to delete it from my accounts.
    So for a few hours that will be the best option. My uploads will be on mediafire and google drive because that the two i happen to use and between them everyone has been able to download.
    I have already started uploading the updated version of pack 2....but it takes 8 hours between the two files and i had to sleep in between to.

HOWEVER mega does not require you to use their app. When you click the link there is a download button and an import button. Below is a checkbox for using the app, if you uncheck it you can simply download through your browser. Additionally....if i'm taking the time to host every update so more people can play AE, would it really be that bad if you had to use an app?

UPDATE
    pack 2 has finished uploading, so now you can try the new version. Please report any bugs and share any other feedback in the appropriate threads so we can continue improving.
    Last edited by texoman81; August 11, 2018 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    i dont use mega...i said that was a temporary download just until i finish uploading the new version. Someone else hosted it too help out before and i since i've uploaded many newer version i had to delete it from my accounts.
    So for a few hours that will be the best option. My uploads will be on mediafire and google drive because that the two i happen to use and between them everyone has been able to download.
    I have already started uploading the updated version of pack 2....but it takes 8 hours between the two files and i had to sleep in between to.

HOWEVER mega does not require you to use their app. When you click the link there is a download button and an import button. Below is a checkbox for using the app, if you uncheck it you can simply download through your browser. Additionally....if i'm taking the time to host every update so more people can play AE, would it really be that bad if you had to use an app?

UPDATE
    pack 2 has finished uploading, so now you can try the new version. Please report any bugs and share any other feedback in the appropriate threads so we can continue improving.

Oops...Sorry must have missed that one..!!! was just so excited to play with your updates man.. yeah I was using firefox and it won't let me untick the box.. I managed to download it with Chrome however they require me again to make an account because i there was a file transfer limit.. hahaha but nevermind!!

Keep up the good work! any patch notes for i?
    Last edited by donpenguin; August 11, 2018 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donpenguin View Post
    Oops...Sorry must have missed that one..!!! was just so excited to play with your updates man.. yeah I was using firefox and it won't let me untick the box.. I managed to download it with Chrome however they require me again to make an account because i there was a file transfer limit.. hahaha but nevermind!!

Keep up the good work! any patch notes for i?
    yeah it said at the top that a new version was in the process of uploading already and above the mega link it said it would be replaced within 12 hours....and it took 11 so i barely made it.
    The mega link was on old version just so there would be a part 2 for new users to go with the new Part I. You need to download the updated version of Pack 2 in order to get all the improvements.
    I've been meaning to always post patch notes here to so its easier, but i forget often. i is a small patch. I'm uploading to Google Drive now too.

v1.03i - August 11th, 2018

- Small change to campaign difficulty - may have been causing issues on campaign difficulty settings

yeah it said at the top that a new version was in the process of uploading already and above the mega link it said it would be replaced within 12 hours....and it took 11 so i barely made it.
    The mega link was on old version just so there would be a part 2 for new users to go with the new Part I. You need to download the updated version of Pack 2 in order to get all the improvements.
    I've been meaning to always post patch notes here to so its easier, but i forget often. i is a small patch. I'm uploading to Google Drive now too.

v1.03i - August 11th, 2018

- Small change to campaign difficulty - may have been causing issues on campaign difficulty settings
    NICE!! thanks so much man!! I really love your work!

It feels like as if I bought a new game..really something..

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03j (updated Aug 12)

Update: Ancient Empire 1.03j

Corrected some missing roman textures to hastati and officers.
    Further correction will be needed.
    Save game compatible.
    Last edited by texoman81; August 12, 2018 at 08:43 PM.

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03j (updated Aug 12)

Thanks so much and it works as save game compatible

Default Re: direct download - Ancient Empires 1.03k (both packs updated Aug 13)

v1.03k - August 13th, 2018

- All new victory conditions for Rome (Requires a restart)
    - New portraits for roman children - imported from Rome 2's ancestral update
    - Fixes to Roman General portraits and skins
    - Potential fix to Ptolemy and regent bug
    - Some new building icons
    - Fixed Hellenistic army icon
    - Rebalanced auto-resolve (gives more balanced results now)
    - Growth effects from urbanization added
    - A few updated trait triggers
    - Small fixes to battlemaps (Pack 2)
    Last edited by texoman81; August 14, 2018 at 12:50 AM.

Thank you for your efforts! I must spread some rep around, it seems before I can give you some again, but I will do so ASAP!

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

v1.03k - August 13th, 2018

- All new victory conditions for Rome (Requires a restart)
    - New portraits for roman children - imported from Rome 2's ancestral update
    - Fixes to Roman General portraits and skins
    - Potential fix to Ptolemy and regent bug
    - Some new building icons
    - Fixed Hellenistic army icon
    - Rebalanced auto-resolve (gives more balanced results now)
    - Growth effects from urbanization added
    - A few updated trait triggers
    - Small fixes to battlemaps (Pack 2)
    Has this fix been added to the Steam pack? As I started a new campaign yesterday and the Ptolemy problem is still there - he comes of age and appears as an Other Noble with no actions available.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Has this fix been added to the Steam pack? As I started a new campaign yesterday and the Ptolemy problem is still there - he comes of age and appears as an Other Noble with no actions available.
    Yeah all the packs i host come directly from steam. It did say potential fix, so i guess it didn't work. I'll try a campaign with the Ptolemies and report that it wasn't fixed internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Was the regent added to Ptolemy in this version? Haven't been able to check for myself
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Looks like Lil' Ptolemy is still large and in charge. He has thwarted our attempt to usurp his divine authority. He will not suffer a regent.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

now i'm a bit scared of him
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by texoman81; August 16, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Was the regent added to Ptolemy in this version? Haven't been able to check for myself
    Not in my game - he was still sole ruler at game start. Just like texoman's game, but I don't think I had the same creepy baby head on the summary screen.

I think for a regent to be added, Ptolemy would need to be the heir not the ruler?

If we can't force the game to start with a regent, maybe have Tlepolemus as ruler but scripted to die the next turn? Then the game should automatically generate a regent for infant Ptolemy.

v. 1.03l
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/265q5z...k1.03l.7z/file
    or
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18A...H2JgnqV40TJE72

• Lower taxes edict will now properly lower taxes
    • Corruption and discontent effect from Law & Order edict now properly apply
    • Instead of flat income/cost, all edicts now modify existing income sources instead. Bread & Games/Sport & Games modify all wealth from culture and entertainment buildings. Exporting food modifies wealth from farms and pastures. Importing food reduces income from all sources slightly
    • Updated building effects to some chains for various cultures
    • Fix where fishing ports would say "increases food import capacity". Now changed to "export" as intended
    • Improved quality of fishing port level 0 and 1 icons and hellenistic garrisons
    • NEW: AI Aggression feature activated: the AI will behave more aggressively towards expanding player empires once they reach a certain size. Feature is on trial pending on feedback
    • Resource buildings can now only be built once per region
    • Other building chains are now limited in terms of how many you can construct in each province (e.g. you can only build one blacksmith)
    • 7 updated building icons
    • 15 new building icons
    • Updated large icons for Philosopher's Stoa chain
    • Only Greek/Hellenistic factions can now build the Odeon/Theatron
    • All new garrisons for all Eastern and Pontic factions around Anatolia and Caucasus
    • Granaries: this building chain now increases food in all regions in provinces that border where it was built. It is a fertility based effect, meaning the granary is ideal for high-fertility regions to serve as "bread-baskets" for their neighbouring provinces
    • Great Estates renamed to Latifundia
    • Slightly lowered rate of cultural conversion
    • All updated Pontic garrisons from the Pontic land buildings
    • Updated Pontic recruitment from land buildings
    • Added Testudo formation to late Roman units lacking it (Praetorians, Urban cohort etc)
    • Increased stamina of Roman legions
    • Decreased the density of ships/carts carrying trade goods on the map (after feedback suggesting it hits performance)

NEW feature:
    De AI Arbitriis - An extensive AI personality overhaul by Joysong. De AI Arbitriis groups the AI according to culture or subculture and assigns characteristic occupation patterns. Barbarian factions will be more inclined to sack a settlement, and to a lesser degree occupy it. Greek factions prefer to liberate, whereas Hellenistic seek to conquer or establish vassals. Eastern factions to varying degrees vassalize or conquer. Rome almost exclusively conquers territory, often looting it in the process.
    Last edited by texoman81; August 17, 2018 at 02:44 PM.

should all roman troops use formed animations
    or just socii troops which is my case just instaled mod its awesome thanks

Quote Originally Posted by montenegro2006 View Post
    should all roman troops use formed animations
    or just socii troops which is my case just instaled mod its awesome thanks
    I don't think there should be a distinction in animations, but i'm not sure so i've sent it up the chain.

[edit]
    This is a known issue that was caused by a recent rollback and should be fixed soon in an upcoming update.
    Last edited by texoman81; August 17, 2018 at 03:44 PM.