Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New screenshots

Default New screenshots

Here are some screenshots from the pre-release beta. Not too long to wait guys!

Last edited by tone; January 15, 2007 at 06:21 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: New screenshots

Wow!

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

A few more:

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Patrician

I like what you did with the banners...they don't glare anymore....

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

WOW !!
    Very nice!
    Can you show some phol. ( egyptian screens? )

Will you have a list up like Lusteds Units for factions?

Last Time also, Please! Add in the future or sooner those excellant Temples and buildings saw in EBs Screenshots on the main page.
    If you do this will be double Gold!

Great Skys !!! And skins guys!
    Thanks Tone, and DVK !! And others!

Are you are my 9600 game card will work on this ?

This will be my last modd if it shows what we been seeing. My
    1st Was XGM Low modd.
    2nd Barebones Not to bad yet hated all the types of units confusing.
    3rd Lusted Not badd hated the egyptians! Same as Mummys curse.
    4th EB Which so far is the best! With its skins and factions, and buildings on the map and in the battlefield maps.
    5th Hopefully this !! I see Excelant skys !! Grass detail ! Skins! New shields!
    Great banners! Spartans !! And the other greeks.

Will there be an idea of what is happening at this time 270 B.C.E. ?
    what factions have peace? And others at war?
    The Punic wars?

also will there be a Jewish reble skins for AOR for Egypt?
    They did empoy them, also found on EB Modd in Judia.

thanks for all the work !!

Quote Originally Posted by swhunter View Post
    Will you have a list up like Lusteds Units for factions?
    Eventually. A faction overview has been written and will be posted soon. A more in depth analysis, including unit lists will happen when things are more "set in concrete" so to speak, as a lot of faction are still set to be re-skinned.
    Last Time also, Please! Add in the future or sooner those excellant Temples and buildings saw in EBs Screenshots on the main page.
    If you do this will be double Gold!
    The possibility of new buildings is in discussion, and proably will happen - if a problem can be overcome.

This will be my last modd if it shows what we been seeing. My
    1st Was XGM Low modd.
    2nd Barebones Not to bad yet hated all the types of units confusing.
    3rd Lusted Not badd hated the egyptians! Same as Mummys curse.
    4th EB Which so far is the best! With its skins and factions, and buildings on the map and in the battlefield maps.
    5th Hopefully this !! I see Excelant skys !! Grass detail ! Skins! New shields!
    Great banners! Spartans !! And the other greeks.
    So far, in my opinion Roma Surrectum is better than all those, drawing with EB. I'd like to add here that what will be released is by no means the finished version of the mod, and it will only get better in time.

swhunter, you seem to be a fan of Egypt. So allow me to apologise on behalf of Roma Surrectum; Egypt has not been fully converted to its historical Hellenic nature yet, and needs a unit makeover, which is being worked on. So dont expect a fully complete or accurate Egyptian faction in the first release.

what factions have peace? And others at war?
    Cant remember off the top of my head. You wont have to wait long anyway, release shouldnt be too far away...
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

can you post some pics of the macedonians pls?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Well after reviewing your mod and seeing all the pics I can only say great work keep it up and I have never anticipated a mod this much!

torche9031's Avatar Laetus

By the heavenly contours of Boudicca's Buttocks!!

These screenshots have indeed proved to me my sneaky suspicions of possessing a high pain threshold my friends... For despite awaiting its impending release with great anticipation, I gleefully stand firm amongst my fellow plebs to see what new RTW wonders you rascals will conjure for this truly unique mod.
    Keep up the excellent work lads, I stand firm within the ranks of the fanbase, and raise a pint in your general directions!

-Torche
    - EX COELIS (3cdo) PRO PATRIA (1rcr)

Hi TYR !
    Thanks for the reply!
    And thank you for such a excellant modd!
    Also Tone and D. and the others!

Yes i love egypt, and my best faction is Greek City states, and then Rome.
    Even if Rome has been the bully on the block, i love and look forward to this finished seeing them take power and comeing into greek lands again.

I Love haveing the true spartans since the historical ones dont grabe me very much! And they should be less historical since the Greeks have some coolest helmets of different types. One type of helmet that i found is called the thess. Greek helmet from 300 b.c. So i guess we are not to far off!

All other factions should be as close as history as possable.
    Only those greeks should have that look and other greek factions. Either friend or foe. And other influences to other factions because of Alexanders conquests!

thanks for all!

That elephant simbol of the Alaudae legion is really a nice touch or better a state of art.The roman legions is the best invention in the rtw comunity since long time together with the rebel free people script.In my opinion you should find time to change and reskin the many vanilla units and lesser ones in order to compete with the other mods.Your mod will be coming out with the other highly anticipated mods like Casus Belli,Res Gestae,Ancient empires for rtr 1.7 and Ancient Wars for BI.They re all major mods with uniques skins and similar add ons.So you need more skins for the non romans factions.If you go to the workshop you ll find more skins,not just the gold spartan.Spirit of Rob has other nice skins and so does antiochus epiphanes.

xhaxhi Skenderbeu

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Shqiponja_Hayabusa View Post
    That elephant simbol of the Alaudae legion is really a nice touch or better a state of art.The roman legions is the best invention in the rtw comunity since long time together with the rebel free people script.In my opinion you should find time to change and reskin the many vanilla units and lesser ones in order to compete with the other mods.Your mod will be coming out with the other highly anticipated mods like Casus Belli,Res Gestae,Ancient empires for rtr 1.7 and Ancient Wars for BI.They re all major mods with uniques skins and similar add ons.So you need more skins for the non romans factions.If you go to the workshop you ll find more skins,not just the gold spartan.Spirit of Rob has other nice skins and so does antiochus epiphanes.
    Thanks for you're comments. When we talk about 're-skinning the Greeks or Barbarians' what we're talking about is re-skinning the already re-skinned units. Very little in this mod hasn't be replaced with something, skins and all....but unit cards need work, and we want to take the skins we have and take them even a 'step beyond' how nice they are already, with more historical shields, clothing, etc. There isn't much 'vanilla' left in Roma Surrectum, and we'll continue working in version 2 to get rid of all 'vanilla'.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Holy crap Tone! Those pictures suck! Get them away NOW!

Just kidding, they absolutely ROCK! You make great screenshots!
    As for this mod, I can only hope it gets realised by friday, so I can spend my whole weekend on playing it

Greetz

Tankbuster
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

How can you play a weekend?
    It will take me at least 3 months to get my empire started!
    Its kinda funny! Everytime i start a new modd thinking its the best!
    From XGM. Barebones, Lusted , EB, Now comes along another Wildly
    excellant adventure! R.S.!!
    Iam on 214 b.c. in EB And allmost ready to take Asia with the Greek Citiy states! then comes another modd with stuff like this!!
    Oh Well... Please let this modd be the last one!!
    I would like to see if i can play at least a full campaign!!

thanks Men!
    good work goes beyond words!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!

I cant belive I found this mod i had never heard anything about it before untill i just stumbled upon it today

This looks like a totally new game

Thanks Developers!

Those there are the best imperial cohorts ever made.Finally someone got it figured out to make the shoulder armour a bit longer.They're even better than Prom's legionaries.Are they Ferres ones?
    This is going to be the best mod ever

xhaxhi Skenderbeu

Yes, they're Ferres models / skins that we've reskinned. He's created some great units - and I love his eastern legions with the scale armour and heavy assaulter legions with the armoured right arm.

I'm not sure about best mod - they all have something unique to offer. It's funny the way this mod has come together. DVK had been working on it for a year or two and had got amazingly far on his own. The rest of us joined initially as beta testers in about September or so and got to try out what was an already excellent mod. It's grown since then with the addition of better units, legion skins, skies, better historical information, some map changes and so on - quite an organic process really.

I have to admit I've not had the chance to try out a campaign yet on the latest version - too busy skinning - but I've had fun with some custom battles, which I've really enjoyed.

Hope you enjoy our offering as much as you anticipate and as much as we've enjoyed putting it together!
    Last edited by tone; January 18, 2007 at 07:18 AM.

will that mean that the eastern legions are marginally less well armoured than your normal segmentata ones or is it purely aesthetic?
    and is there any evidence of the eastern legionaires not using segmentata after it was adopted? cause i've not seen/heard it before.... (this isnt a criticism, just a genuine query).
    keep up the good work, lads
    Last edited by rory o'kane; January 23, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

Patrician

The Eastern legionaries will, as you say, have a little less defense than their counterparts. Just as the 'Assaulter Legions' will not throw the pilum because of their armoured arm. The ideas are basically per Ferres and Godzillia's descriptions of the units, their stats and peculiarities. There was also a 'gallic' legionary, but we couldn't use it because it had the wrong armour.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

i would HATE it if thers nomore clear blue Sky like in vanilla! its just roman feeling!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast