Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the West go ‘Pop’? Populism sweeps Europe and America

Default Re: Will the West go ‘Pop’? Populism sweeps Europe and America

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    At least you are that honest that you like to entertain the division of the (western) societies. Along your posts, you love the 'Us and Them' ideology of the far right, that is very obvious. And in this regard you seem to be much more radical than your current voted italian government coalition. Besides that the bold part is usual rubbish. Nationalism, xenophoby (or anti-immigration movement), fascism/neo-fascism et al are long analysed by according scholars, research results which you but reject. I remember the time here on TWC as pretty much all from the right wing who are not still center-right, rejected the social sciences in whole, categorily (which btw. would include all statistics on the diverse but related matters, which you guys use as well for your posts), or at least rejected when it is published by so-called establishment-steered media sources and also especially government sites (that was until incl. at least 2015). Plausible consistence in whole is a missing point on the "argumentation", it's mainly agenda cherry-picking what the right populists are doing. In other words: Disingenuous propaganda.
    Guess who also relies on ''us vs them'' discourse?

Ah.

Fun fuct n.2, the best analysis of current trends I could find and that I adopted in my arguments also comes.. from a leftist. David Goodhart.

https://mikefrost.net/people-somewhe...ople-anywhere/

Or former leftist, since he dared to criticize the dogma of diversity over a decade ago (what a prediction) and got excommunicated by the leftwing orthodoxy (also an anticipation of what was to come)..

As far as my alleged radicalism, it's merely a response of the radicalization of leftwing positions after Trump and Brexit. It has become impossible to debate without being accused of being paid by Russia or being a white supremacist/transphobe/homophobe/sexist. Social media also made everything worse. Nonetheless as a response, my rule is the following: intellectually honest people get the same exact intellectually honest treatment from me, even if in the end we still disagree. Lack of intellectual integrity however, joined by the above mentioned categorization, will get the nuclear treatment. Play fair, I'll play fair and shake your hand at the end.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 15, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

It is quite interesting how evangelical neocons and modern "progressive" left are so similar, from the whole "if you are not with us, then you are against us" rhetoric to the fact that both view things like video games and heavy metal as evils. The whole Satanic Panic thing that we had in 80s and 90s is strikingly similar to the current "Alt-right panic", or the moral panics of 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It is quite interesting how evangelical neocons and modern "progressive" left are so similar, from the whole "if you are not with us, then you are against us" rhetoric to the fact that both view things like video games and heavy metal as evils. The whole Satanic Panic thing that we had in 80s and 90s is strikingly similar to the current "Alt-right panic", or the moral panics of 1950s.
    Politics is a circle, go left or right far enough and you end up in the same messy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    They call Jordan Peterson, a centrist, ''alt right''. It's pretty much anyone who's not extreme left.
    "They"? Who is that? Everyone who is not "Us"?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

NYT/Financial Times/Globe and Mail and I lost count of how many liberal media did.

Do you want to share a quote from each (not an opinion piece) that accuses Peterson of having an alt-right ideology?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

You realize you don't have to be alt-right to make alt-right basement kiddies horny, right?

Fairly sure if you call someone ''alt right hero'' you are associating him with a group, despite his vehement rejection of it. Rejection that's mutual since Spencer doesn't like Peterson either.

So what's the problem here? The liberal media associated Peterson with a broad group of people that they think are ''Neo-Nazi/White supremacists'', despite the fact that those who actually are do not like Peterson, nor he likes them.

In short, it's a gigantic pile of lies to frame someone who opposes the liberal agenda as a ''White supremacist'' because by doing so, they can ignore what he says, claim the moral high ground and demand that everyone else equally ignore him.

The epithome of dishonesty. An insult to intellectual integrity. They are complete garbage.

The common theme is: ''Jordan Peterson the academic beloved by the alt right''
    You see how that is different than claiming the political ideology of Jordan Peterson is that of the Alt-Right, correct? The "Liberal media" is being far more discerning in their articles than you are in addressing a non-descriptive "Liberal Media" (as defined by yourself). You are literally accusing something you perceive as monolithic of not being discerning enough in their depiction of Jordan Peterson. The irony collapses in on itself.
    Last edited by The spartan; June 15, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

While Jordan Peterson has never actually said "we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children", he has implied that we should be concerned about the future of all children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    You see how that is different than claiming the political ideology of Jordan Peterson is that of the Alt-Right, correct?
    It really isn't. Because it paints him as the ideological mastermind of the alt right, which is blatantly false. Just like it's false that the alt right likes him. Reality is the opposite, so lying liberal media are indeed lying.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    You see how that is different than claiming the political ideology of Jordan Peterson is that of the Alt-Right, correct? The "Liberal media" is being far more discerning in their articles than you are in addressing a non-descriptive "Liberal Media" (as defined by yourself). You are literally accusing something you perceive as monolithic of not being discerning enough in their depiction of Jordan Peterson. The irony collapses in on itself.
    All of the articles posted are from media whose bias is heavily liberal and has become increasingly so since the humiliating defeats on Brexit and the 2016 election.

All of them also use the same slandering tactics and the lie ''the academic beloved by the alt right'', which again is false and they have no evidence of it.

Your defense of what is a pathological lie also is the kind of thing that makes debate with your side impossible. You defend lies, knowingly so, with an agenda to censor people that criticize your ideology. This is despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    While Jordan Peterson has never actually said "we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children", he has implied that we should be concerned about the future of all children.
    He must be stopped.

Truly, it's the state educators that should take care of our children and ensure they do not grow up according to gender roles, which will hamper their growth and potential. This is also, clearly, not social engineering.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 15, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Take the political compass, let's see where you stand. So it's not subjective, but objective.
    I have, you have, we all have.

A political compass shouldn't predict what we feel about individual issues when we look at them in isolation (as thrifleman shows above). It does predict how we might respond to our favoured politicians liking or disliking individual issues though.

I'm not sure where that leaves us with the decline of civilisation.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    Politics is a circle, go left or right far enough and you end up in the same messy place.
    To be honest, I couldn’t put it better myself.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    You realize you don't have to be alt-right to make alt-right basement kiddies horny, right?
    Is my local city councillor, father of 3 an ‘alt-right basement kiddie’? Because he’s a fan of Peterson himself, mainly because of that C4 interview. Just saying, your generalisation is false.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hmm... Peterson alt-right thing again. I recall this happening relatively recently here.... ah yes, IronBrig, fresh off of an attempt to smear Ben Shapiro as a 'white natio...' er... I mean associate Shapiro with 'white nationalists':
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post15587970

attempted to do the same thing to Peterson:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=#post15594291

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, Douglas Murray, Stephen crowder, Katie Hokins are all zionist puppets that when they dont talk about how bad muslims are they try to ramp up white nationalism in order to justify Israeli expansionism on the basis that they are white. I dont think that they are really racists but they clearly follow an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, Douglas Murray, Stephen crowder, Katie Hokins are all zionist puppets that when they dont talk about how bad muslims are they try to ramp up white nationalism in order to justify Israeli expansionism on the basis that they are white. I dont think that they are really racists but they clearly follow an agenda.
    This appears to be a collection of names and terms you had only a vague familiarity with but knew you didn’t like, thrown together without concern for coherency. I assume the few cases in which a reasonable connection could be made between one or another must have occurred by mere chance. Although I suspect the claim that a Zionist conspiracy is behind anyone who ever said anything less than flattering about Islam must be something you picked up in some unsavory corner of the internet.
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    This appears to be a collection of names and terms you had only a vague familiarity with but knew you didn’t like, thrown together without concern for coherency. I assume the few cases in which a reasonable connection could be made between one or another must have occurred by mere chance. Although I suspect the claim that a Zionist conspiracy is behind anyone who ever said anything less than flattering about Islam must be something you picked up in some unsavory corner of the internet.
    I observe these people(and some others)for years. They have almost the same arguments. They always bash feminists, gays, leftists, muslims. They deny climate change. They promote white nationalism in a discreet way. They only interview each other. In their shows you rearly hear alternative opinions. They are "part of the club" that always cheers on Israel and try to demonize muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    I observe these people(and some others)for years. They have almost the same arguments. They always bash feminists, gays, leftists, muslims. They deny climate change. They promote white nationalism in a discreet way. They only interview each other. In their shows you rearly hear alternative opinions. They are "part of the club" that always cheers on Israel and try to demonize muslims.
    I see this is going to be another case of you walking back or changing your claim as each false aspect of it is exposed. I can't see the relevance to the topic, so I think I'll pass.

But since it was Peterson who triggered your comment, with your claims about him being a Zionist puppet promoting white nationalism, I'll leave his actual stated opinion to demonstrate the level of BS you're pushing: