Thread: First Triumvirate

Default First Triumvirate

I represnt you my first mod

Link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408432948

History:
    Its 58 BC, just at the begining of First Triumvirate, alliance of three most prominent roman politician.
    After his cunsular year in 59 BC, Julius Caesar taken seat of proconsul for extended period of 5 years. Peferct oppurtunity for ambition man like him. He became governer of Cisalpine Gaul, Illyricum with Transalpine Gaul and commander of four legions. Caesar was deeply in debt and he saw Gallia as solution for his problem.

Campaign info:
    Its 8 turns per year campaign.
    New character attributes with new skill trees that now dont have restriction. You can customize your character as you want. Only one skill is locked until you reach level 5. New ministreal postion with much better effects.
    Units size are slighlty increased. Infanrtry is now 200 and cavalry 100.
    Battles are much slower with more tactical aproach.
    Unit upkeep and recruitment cost are much higher to balance out with more stronger characters and characters skills.

Other changes: bunch of small changes like fatigue effects, campaing movement, new religions, war weariness, UI changes, loyalty and army integrity, more money from military action, morale sytem changes and so on... later i will update with complete list of changes

Playable faction:

Julius Caesar's Rome

Objectives and mission:

New objectives that aim to be somewhat historical with much better rewards.
    Missions(kingdom events) that rename faction name. One starting in 48 BC and one in 44 BC.

Future updates:
    For now only one faction is playable since it takes to much time to create all story objectives etc.
    I hope adding few more factions with new unit roster and culture.
    Balancing economy and battles as necessary.
    Changing names of starting legions - cant make that working at the moment
    Reducing mod size - now its huge because of all Rome 2 models. Estimated size will be around 1 GB
    For all suggestions write in discussion tab. I am open to others opinion.

I worked on this alone. It all started as small mod and now it becomes big project with a lot more work to do.
    Its time consuming so i hope i will have time for future updates.

Special thanks to:

Normal - for letting me use his awesome unit cards mode

CA Team for their great games

Default Re: First Triumvirate

That actually looks pretty cool, really like the idea of playing as the brilliant Julius Caesar.

So is this a completely redone campaign for the time period? Would be good to include some more info. There is an awesome mod for Rome 2 called Imperial Legions of Rome that has some of the nicest models for roman troops of this time period (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1226123544), I would recommend maybe reaching out to that guy and asking for permission to bring his models to Attila so you can have really good looking units.

I also would recommend changing the color of the font you use in this post, its a bit hard to read

Looking forward to seeing where this mod goes

Default Re: First Triumvirate

Yes, its new campaign mod that want to bring Rome 2 vibe in to much darker Attila. It takes inspirativno from Imperator Augustus Campaign from Rome 2. Curently Julius Caesars Rome is playable but there are much more work to do. I want to make this mod to be full experince for everyone to enjoy ��
    I too wanted to change font and edit post but it seems that post editing isn’t possible