Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Pictures leaked

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/assassin...enshots-leaked

Honestly not very excited for this. I love the location but the things I am hearing about this game honestly concerns me about the trajectory of this franchise. I heavily dislike RPG mechanics and their slow encroach into this series is diminishing what I have always felt made this series special (as well as not making sense from a lore perspective)

This may be the first non-day one purchase for me since I started into this series.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

This is Ithaka! ^_^
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The combat in Origins was kinda meh, I hope it isn't just copy-pasted into Odyssey.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

Leaked video of a legit interview (which was probably supposed to come out after the conference today) is out that seems to confirm at least some of the things that were leaked in the past couple of weeks.

https://streamable.com/v5r4g

Means we have to prepare for the possibility lore-breaking multiple endings and playing the same story with two separate protagonists who can change the trajectory of the game with choices in dialogue.

Super. More RPG elements that are totally original.

If this were a new IP I would be thrilled but this is a further degradation to the lore that started all the way back in Black Flag.

Really may not be a day 1 purchase for me. May not even be a week or a month 1 purchase for me. You guys know how much I love this franchise by now so...

Edit: On the other hand, they say that the First Civilization is going to function heavily into the plot so...At least I have that to look forward to when I eventually play it.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Nice find. It's looking rather boring in my opinion. I know it was probably unlikely they'd keep the longer development cycle but this is really unimpressive, practically identical to Origins, nothing especially new other than the setting.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto de Voltaire View Post
    Nice find. It's looking rather boring in my opinion. I know it was probably unlikely they'd keep the longer development cycle but this is really unimpressive, practically identical to Origins, nothing especially new other than the setting.
    To be fair, the exact same could be said of Brotherhood.

And also...This game got delayed a year, like Origins did. This game should have released last year if they had kept to their normal cycle.

Citizen

I liked having minor RPG elements like in Syndicate, but I don't know if AC should go full on RPG.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

It started with Unity. I didn't like it then and was worried that was the direction they were going in.

4 years later, here we are.

RPG's are a dime a dozen. There is only one AC. There is no need to take the series down this path other than to appeal to people who want another Witcher..

Citizen

It does seem more so now that they're trying to ape The Witcher III. There are elements that I like that they're taking, like meaningful side quests as opposed to collect-a-thon busy work though.

A.B.A.P.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Wow the equipment etc looked horrible, the game itself an reskin of Origins. Though I do hope for naval combat and freedom !

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ancient world is boring without gods and magic

Citizen

I expect that the protagonist will be throwing their helmet at enemies to possess them

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

slowly getting hyped...

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

I really get a Witcher 3 vibe from it, I hope that game keep me more interested than AC: egypt (which isn't bad to be honest)

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Blog Entries

Honestly I don't like this game...As an Assassin's Creed game. The full RPG element, the lack of assassinations, and a bunch of other things make it a really bad AC game (so far)

But goddamn is it a fun historical exploration RPG.

Citizen

I feel like Origins and Odyssey should have just been a new IP.

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

Agreed 100%

They are fun but they are not AC.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    Honestly I don't like this game...As an Assassin's Creed game. The full RPG element, the lack of assassinations, and a bunch of other things make it a really bad AC game (so far)

But goddamn is it a fun historical exploration RPG.
    This is the way I like AC games. Just so I can explore different places and times. I admit I never liked the AC universe. Imho only the first one was somewhat interesting and well writing in this area. Odyssey promotion fell flat to me but after watching a few let's play, my interest is growing. As an history enthusiast exploring classical Greece looks like a fascinating experience. As was exploring Egypt with Origins.

I liked Origins a lot. Even the writing style is surprisingly good. For example I finished the quest of Esio of Cyrene. It was excellent. Mostly comical but with a bitterness when Esio wish Bayek to hunt again with his son soon and Bayek replies "So do I".

I hope Odissey is well written too.

Blog Entries

Odyssey is not well written in my opinion. The branching dialogue and choices makes it difficult to determine your character's motivations beyond what you decide to do.

I can definitely sense that there is a good story underneath it all but for me it is super confusing, from both a lore perspective and a story perspective.

A shame that I will have to read the damn book to understand what the canon story is supposed to be.

Blog Entries

On chapter seven I believe.

I need to kill more Cult members though...But I seriously don't understand what their motives are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast