Thread: Easy City Builder games?

Default Easy City Builder games?

Hi,

Do you know any good and easy to play city builder game? At the moment I don't want to complicate myself with stuff like this.

Thanks in advance.

Aexodus's Avatar High five

Default Re: Easy City Builder games?

Only one I know of is Cities-Skylines, but I think it’s very moddable, so you should be able to modify it however you like.
    I accomplish my course

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

I would heavily recommend Cities Skylines. The DLC set-up is ridiculous and a clear cash grab, but the base game is great. Modding scene is quite lively.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ectasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

Prison Architect and Banished are to a degree, but I agree that Cities Skylines is the best.
    Tropico 4 and 5 are alright, but they're pretty much the exact same and there's not all that much to do in em.
    Are you interested in running the Picture of the Week and Video of the Month Competitions? You MUST be willing to dedicate time to the competitions and you MUST have a good Moderation record. Read this thread to see what is involved and contact Flinn and Commissar Caligula_

Frostpunk.

Go back to the simpler city builder roots of SimCity instead of the complicated ones they make nowadays, add a tech tree, ethical decisions, an everlasting natural disaster you have to survive, and all DLC of 2018 is free. I intended to mess around with it for an hour on Thursday night and before I realized it it was 3am.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.