Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.0.1h NON STEAM DOWNLOAD LINKS

Default 1.0.1h NON STEAM DOWNLOAD LINKS

Because:

a) I'm just that nice
    b) Less people asking the mod team = more work on the mod

IMPORTANT The files will only be hosted for seven days, so get them whilst their hot! Based on past track record, this version will have been updated by then anyway, this is just to give the mod team more time to focus on what they do best rather than wasting time on uploading big files.

Pack 1
    Link 1 of 1: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f05...8075011/685f53

Pack 2:
    Link 1 of 2: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/86c...8093416/0591b8
    Link 2 of 2: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/bec...8092817/b4c028

Points to note:

1. I am not on the mod team nor am I an expert in modding and using non steam links. All I have done is found the files from my hard drive, compressed them and uploaded them. If they don't work, I have no idea why or what to do to fix them.

2. I have used 7 Zip. Mac users can probably decompress the archives with https://www.keka.io/en/. Again, not an expert, used what I know works, can't help if it doesn't work for you, sorry.

3. Likewise, I have used WeTransfer as it has always worked for me in the past. Sorry if this site is slow / unreliable / blocked for you, maybe someone else will host as a torrent or copy to another site. It has taken me all day to upload these, I'm not going to do it again across multiple sites.

4. This is for version 1.0.1h as of 8th June 2018. I make no guarantees this will be updated for new versions, this will depend on my time and availability. If you find a bug in this version, please check it hasn't been fixed in the steam version before reporting it.
    Last edited by Swarbs; June 08, 2018 at 12:50 PM.

Default Re: 1.0.1h NON STEAM DOWNLOAD LINKS

Let me be the first to thank you, Swarbs. Appreciate you taking time to put this up. I will mention that the next few days are such of intense patching; we mean to bring the other cultures on par with Rome in terms of building quality and depth. Might be useful to know ahead of time.

This thread should be stickied
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

so...this is 1.0.1f uploaded june 8th? thanks
    Last edited by mati_motorloco; June 08, 2018 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks mate, know it must've taken some time to upload this.

Daizus's Avatar Foederatus

Thk Swarbs! Maybe someone put it 4 turns per year mod?

4TPY would also be great

Unfortunately some of the archives can't be exctracted Maybe because of wrong format. I tried to unzip those using 7zip and WinRar. Unsuccessfully...

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

I am in the process of creating a torrent with Ancient Empires 1.0.1h and the submods. The vitriol against non-steam links and the assumption of piracy always astonish me. As a long time mac user i will say that you are probably better off playing games using Parallels. Thats what i did until i got a separate gaming PC. I know its more convenient to run them natively and wasted many hours trying to get various mods to work.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    I am in the process of creating a torrent with Ancient Empires 1.0.1h and the submods. The vitriol against non-steam links and the assumption of piracy always astonish me. As a long time mac user i will say that you are probably better off playing games using Parallels. Thats what i did until i got a separate gaming PC. I know its more convenient to run them natively and wasted many hours trying to get various mods to work.
    would much appreciate if you could deliver separate links for submods (so we dont have to dd the mod itself again) thanks for your work

Great news! Thank you

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

@Swarbs
    Thank you for your work, but the pack file in the last link is designed as an archive that is not unpacked. The game starts but the unit models and some graphic structures in the game are absent. Sadly, but thank you for your efforts.

Ok i decided to create direct links and torrents for 1.01h. All 3 are single zip files. Feel free to add these links to the OP or download thread.

edit:
    new version released

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdated-submods
    Last edited by texoman81; June 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: remove torrents, new update out

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    @Swarbs
    Thank you for your work, but the pack file in the last link is designed as an archive that is not unpacked. The game starts but the unit models and some graphic structures in the game are absent. Sadly, but thank you for your efforts.
    For Pack 2, you need to put all four files (.001, .002, .003 and .004) in the same directory then use 7Zip or equivalent to unpack the .001 file. The four files are all part of the same archive so need to be unpacked together, as between them they contain the 12Gb models pack.

I tested the archive at my end and it showed as being fine, so it should be ok, as above I'm sorry I can't help you if it doesn't work as I'm not particularly technically skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    For Pack 2, you need to put all four files (.001, .002, .003 and .004) in the same directory then use 7Zip or equivalent to unpack the .001 file. The four files are all part of the same archive so need to be unpacked together, as between them they contain the 12Gb models pack.

I tested the archive at my end and it showed as being fine, so it should be ok, as above I'm sorry I can't help you if it doesn't work as I'm not particularly technically skilled.
    Thanks, buddy. It works. Put all the archives in one folder and unzipped them all together in data. Then the pack2 archive is extracted fine without errors. I used win rar. The game starts, everything works. Just follow the instructions.)

Now it works. Many thanks 2 Swarbs and Alexander78

Glad to hear it's working ok. I believe / hope that most of the updates to the mod will be done to pack1, as pack2 is the models which are pretty much refined from the custom battles version of the mod.

So hopefully future updates will mainly be on pack1 as that is much smaller and easier to compress and upload.

here is the 1.01i update to pack 1.

edit:
    new version released

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pdated-submods
    Last edited by texoman81; June 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM.

Thank you kindly for your efforts!
    Could someone please explain how the update to the "i" (as in 1.01i) is performed?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Thank you kindly for your efforts!
    Could someone please explain how the update to the "i" (as in 1.01i) is performed?
    You need to download the archive from the link and unpack it in data with file replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    You need to download the archive from the link and unpack it in data with file replacement.
    Thank you!

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast