Thread: How to remove bows from Archers?

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Default How to remove bows from Archers?

Trying to make Aztec peasants that don't have a shield. I notice that the archers in melee are the models I want.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

DanishTerror's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: How to remove bows from Archers?

Which archer model are you wanting? It "should be" as simple as redefining the model in model_db and lterimg the stats in the EDU.

You need 3DS Max or some other editor, and then switch the primaryactive/secondaryactive around on the model.

Then you give the unit in the EDU the animations of whichever unit has the right set of weapons.

I dont do 3ds max. Its kind of not my forte.
    Is there any other way?
    I just want only a melee weapon used in battle. If there is a way to keep the archer from using the bow by blocking the use of it. I have tried to do it through the EDU but it caused game crash.

Maybe switch the knife or secondary weapon into the primary slot and have the bow in the secondary slot and than cancel out the secondary weapon?

BETTER PIKES

I am going to use the aztec archer model as it does not have a shield. The aztec peasants have a shield. It makes them too powerful for a peasant. I could just alter the stats but I want the stats to match the model.

BETTER PIKES

The bad news is you'll have to use a model editor. The good news is, switching primaryactive0 and secondaryactive0 is pure text work in the model comments, no actual 3d modeling skills required.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The bad news is you'll have to use a model editor. The good news is, switching primaryactive0 and secondaryactive0 is pure text work in the model comments, no actual 3d modeling skills required.
    This. As I alluded to, there is no way around editing the model, you can't do this with some text editing alone. But as mentioned, switching those values is text editing within the 3D tool.