Thread: Loyalty and Influence Problem

Default Loyalty and Influence Problem

I've been having an issue in my post-patch playthroughs. I keep having an issue where nearly every general accumulates massive disloyalty, seemingly for no reason. On the loyalty breakdown the major negative is to "Influence," implying that the reason is related to the king having low influence yeah? But this keeps happening even with king's influence at 10 and the general/governor in question at like 2 or 3. I've seen this influence penalty get as high as -10 and am at a loss to explain why.

Has anybody else run into this problem? I don't have enough estates or money to throw at these guys to keep their loyalty up with such a massive debuff, and its making my games very frustrating.

Default Re: Loyalty and Influence Problem

Just a thought, but when you get a notice to assign a skill to your general, be sure and look at his loyalty in that screen. If his loyalty is only 3 or 4 rings and you can spare the other skills--consider adding a gold ring via checking the "priest" follower. It also has the effect of causing a minus 2 public order in the closest enemy settlement, but I have no clue if that's worth much. Once I started doing this, it stopped a lot of my problems with this issue.

Also, late in the game consider consider building and upgrading villa estate structures to give you extra estates.

Lastly, every time you appoint a governor, give him an estate right off the bat. This will get him off to a good start. Later, when you accumulate tons of estates, just every once in a while bring up the estate assignment screen and look for officers with 4 or lower loyalty and hand out an estate. If you are proactive in this, it will tend to keep them happy.

Cheers

P.S. I think if you are playing a faction that has a hard start position, you not going to get as many estates when you conquer a province, so that's just part of the difficulty for that faction.
    Last edited by Forward Observer; June 08, 2018 at 03:35 AM.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!