Thread: Possible to Import Warhammer Models to Attila?

Icon1 Possible to Import Warhammer Models to Attila?

Has anyone managed to successfully do this?

I've tried to just do a straight rip and use the attila variant editor in the assembly kit but it crashes when you try to add a warhammer model.

The warhammer models are significantly different from what is used in Attila, they have a new attached file and folder called materials, so I imagine there would have to be some sort of process to convert them.

I would like to incorporate some of the warhammer empire unit models as very late game units for my 1403 mod so any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Default Re: Possible to Import Warhammer Models to Attila?

Doing this somehow caused all of the files in my warhammer directory to be deleted, get the feeling CA really doesnt want anyone doing anything with this game's files

I'll be genuinely surprised if anyone even responds to this thread, mums the word

Damn, good to know that.

But maybe you can try with pfm to import the models?
    Not sure if it will work, but if it's just one folder added then there is a chance that it will work.

I can't do any testing in it, since I don't have Warhammer installed anymore.

You need to extract the models and open them with a 3D editor, and then assign RomeII/Attila skeletons in order to make it works with RomeII/Attila animations. Mr.Jox released a tool in order to extract and convert RomeII/Attila models into editable formats, and I think the tool works with Warhammer's too, but Im not sure. Here you have the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Converter-v1-1

Also here you have a good tutorial in order to import external models into RomeII/Attila skeletons:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Up-and-Helmet

It's easy, but you'll need some time to practise and learn. But can be done for sure.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll check out those links

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys, I'll check out those links
    Did you have any success with tour idea?