Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

Default Re: Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

I think I have found the solution to this problem, as I had the same Disk 2 error on my win10 machine. I managed to install the mod successfully after renaming the part 2 file to the exact filename the installer asks for when asking for disk 2.
    It appears that the links I downloaded for the "full" 8.0 install are just part 1 of the package as per Leonardo's suggested download site. So I downloaded the two seperate parts from Mod DB. 1,953,125 kb for part 1; 993,162 kb for part 2. I extracted part 1 and 2, ran the installer (part 1, an .exe) and pointed it to my Empire folder in steam. The install began. When it asked for CD 2, I chose "browse folders". I chose an option on the lower right hand corner "Show all files" and navigate to the place I extracted, or unzipped, part 2. I saw the file, but it was not the same filename that the installer was looking for. The installer is looking for a filename that is displayed on the bottom of the "browse folders" window when it asks you for disk 2. I highlighted this filename, right click and copy. Then I went to the folder, in a different window, where part 2 was extracted, or unzipped, and renamed the ENTIRE file name to what the installer was asking for. Once I did that, I was able to highlight that file in the installer and continue the installation successfully.
    I hope these instructions don't seem too convoluted. I tried to explain it my best.

Default Re: Installing DME 8.0 1.86GB on Win10 steam version of empire - it keeps asking for a disc 2...

The problem it seems is that the full install file is not really the Full File, it's part one only. download part two and unzip it and then continue with the installation.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
    I think I have found the solution to this problem, as I had the same Disk 2 error on my win10 machine. I managed to install the mod successfully after renaming the part 2 file to the exact filename the installer asks for when asking for disk 2.
    It appears that the links I downloaded for the "full" 8.0 install are just part 1 of the package as per Leonardo's suggested download site. So I downloaded the two seperate parts from Mod DB. 1,953,125 kb for part 1; 993,162 kb for part 2. I extracted part 1 and 2, ran the installer (part 1, an .exe) and pointed it to my Empire folder in steam. The install began. When it asked for CD 2, I chose "browse folders". I chose an option on the lower right hand corner "Show all files" and navigate to the place I extracted, or unzipped, part 2. I saw the file, but it was not the same filename that the installer was looking for. The installer is looking for a filename that is displayed on the bottom of the "browse folders" window when it asks you for disk 2. I highlighted this filename, right click and copy. Then I went to the folder, in a different window, where part 2 was extracted, or unzipped, and renamed the ENTIRE file name to what the installer was asking for. Once I did that, I was able to highlight that file in the installer and continue the installation successfully.
    I hope these instructions don't seem too convoluted. I tried to explain it my best.
    Good to know, thanks posting it.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by leetzelong View Post
    The problem it seems is that the full install file is not really the Full File, it's part one only. download part two and unzip it and then continue with the installation.
    If you mean the mirror of DME I did on TAL then you're mistaken as I've installed DME by following the instructings. Just curious. Did you installed the DME 8.01 patch?

If not then uninstall DME if you haven't done that already then install DME 8.0 first and after that the DME 8.01 patch. That's what I did and it worked.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I downloaded the apparently full patch from http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...inum801-patch/

But it instantly asks for disk 2. I think maybe its supposed to extract part 2 as the installed but its not working for some reason.

I downloaded part 2 from another link - DarthMod_Empire_v8.0_Platinum.2 put it in the same folder as the original .exe and it worked.
    Last edited by retrofly; February 20, 2019 at 01:36 PM.
    Rome I -- Medieval II -- Empire -- Napoleon -- Shogun 2 -- Rome II -- Attila

Lucius Verenus's Avatar Tiro

I found that this download has the disk2 issue for me too. Downloaded the 'One file' same as retrofly did, then also the patch.
    It begins installation and initiates the install continuing well, so not the same issue as retrofly has.
    But after a while it asks for disk2, which I don't have.

Trying mobucks solution now

Edit: Mobucks instructions worked fine. Points to clarify:
    Download Parts 1 & 2 from Moddb .

Part 1 is an Executable so can just be run, at some point it will ask for disk 2 -- this file is "DarthMod_Empire_v8.0_Platinum.2" - that's the name of Part 2 when extracted from Winrar
    Just navigate to where you extracted it and pick it, away the installer will go again.
    Major cred to mobucks for making this simple

Cheers
    Lucius
    Last edited by Lucius Verenus; March 13, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

Lucius Verenus's Avatar Tiro

Duplicate
    Last edited by Lucius Verenus; March 13, 2019 at 09:24 AM.

just rename the file to what the installer is trying to search for. For me, there was an extra "2" in the folder name i believe. I just changed the name to what the installer is looking for and it worked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12