Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] ROMA

Default Re: [PREVIEW] ROMA

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    Imperial Praetorians have become much more generic. They are now just legionnaires in white and blue. Not a fan, there is nothing interesting about them anymore. It may be more historically accurate, but i like it less.
    Marian Praetorians are at least different from standard legionnaires - slightly. But atm they are more different.
    I much, much prefer older Praetorians.
    I would prefer if Praetorians would look more like this
    I also am not a fan of blue shielded Praetorians.

Now that i have had time to digest new units, i much prefer new hastati and principes, both eras. They are brilliant.

Pre-beta i absolutely love Marian Legionnary shields. Would be brilliant to see them kept somewhere somehow. New Marian legionnaires are awesome and one of my favourite units in the game, it just is sad to loose brilliant shield.

And btw
    Why do Equites Singulares have red shields and Legatus have blue shields? Should Praetorians not have blue shields? i much prefer red shields, and would give even Praetorians red shields. And btw why do Evocati have blue shields? just to set them apart?
    Well I like the new shields more. So there .

Biarchus

I get a kick out of these people who have a lot of balls saying " I prefer this, I prefer that......." To the people who make this great mod.

You know what I prefer?

Dead Romans under the trunk of my elephants! " Delenda est Roma! "

There is a submod for the old shields already...

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Your guys will overhaul all auxiliaries units? and will put more auxiliaries units?

All auxiliary units recieved the new armor assets already. (Possibly shields as well, not sure).

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    There is a submod for the old shields already...
    TBH.I think you should add them as a tech upgrade (not as a reform one) because theren are guys they miss them and the segmentata dont reallly fit for the augustan tropps.

We're not going to upgrade units into ones with lower quality shields, the submod was made for those who prefer the old look, we're not going to roll back visual improvements just to suit your preference.

Guys, have in mind that DEI is a historical mod, soo you will not see romans with rectangular scutum in early augustan time.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, but we already made a submod for it, check out submod section.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 14, 2018 at 05:48 PM.

Dresden! You and your team are amazing. I just have one request, do you think that you could create the ability to recruit unique legions?

Quote Originally Posted by Epzo View Post
    Dresden! You and your team are amazing. I just have one request, do you think that you could create the ability to recruit unique legions?
    This used to be in DeI a long time ago, people complained about it so they took it out, there are submods for it, look for them in the submod section of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Epzo View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    This used to be in DeI a long time ago, people complained about it so they took it out, there are submods for it, look for them in the submod section of the forum.
    Indeed. I don't believe it's updated though.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 15, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Great models, but shouldn't Romans have clean faces without beards or other facial hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Farrier View Post
    Great models, but shouldn't Romans have clean faces without beards or other facial hair?
    Nope. Early Romans were pretty much identical with Etruscans and Italian Greek Colonists.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Nope. Early Romans were pretty much identical with Etruscans and Italian Greek Colonists.
    But Marian and Imperial are not early, are they? I'm no expert, just curious. I can see, you are an expert in beards.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrier View Post
    But Marian and Imperial are not early, are they? I'm no expert, just curious. I can see, you are an expert in beards.
    Which units? I don't recall seeing any Marian and Imperial units with beards, other than Auxilia.

Which units? I don't recall seeing any Marian and Imperial units with beards, other than Auxilia.
    From the opening post, Marian/Imperial Legionaries and Marian/Imperial Praetorians.

I guess Camillan = early?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast