Thread: Praetorian Tweaks

Icon1 Praetorian Tweaks

Praetorian Tweaks is a vast settings overhaul that changes much of the base Darthmod experience and hopes to enhance gameplay by tweaking unit stats, prices, building effects, tech effects, and many more.

Its not a historically accurate mod and focuses on gameplay and diversity

All feedback is appreciated as I'm sure I've left somethings untouched in the months I've spend developing the mod.

Also there will be different variants of the mod coming out for the other campaigns and year settings that Darthmod offers, but for now
    it'll focus on Custom, 4 years, so I can devote my time on fixing any issues that I find or others find, and so its easier for me to experiment with
    the mod a little.

Download
    Praetorian_Tweaks

Installation

1. Download and unzip the file
    2. Launch the Darthmod Empire Launcher, set to Custom, Year 4, Artillery to 1.5x, Research normal (although I believe it can be set to any of the options without any problems), the rest shouldn't effect the mod since they're mostly Graphical, Sound, or UI options. Press Start.
    3. Copy and Paste DME_darthmod, DME_UPC_v6_3, praetorian_tweaks, DME_CANu6, and (optionally DME_campaign) to the data folder in Empire: Total War's respective location.
    4. 4T_startpos.esf must be copy and pasted in Empire Total War>Data>DME>Campaigns>Custom (The mod was designed with Custom in mind so its not recommended to install anywhere else but the Custom folder.)
    5. On the Darthmod Launcher go to Edit>User Script. Type praetorian_tweaks and click add; update script. close User Script.
    6. Press start on the launcher again to ensure everything is setup correctly. (Unless you change the settings listed in 2. You won't have to mess with the installation again, except starting up the launcher and pressing start before starting Empire: Total War, but that's something that extends to normal Darthmod as well.)

Brief Explaination of Files

• DME_darthmod is a modified Bran Mac Born's DME Ottoman Bug kill fix that has been stripped down and slightly tweaked to the basics that just make turn waiting less frustrating.
    • DME_UPC_v6_3 is important but also optional. I just changed the name of some units so at least there's a semblance of diversity between troops instead of everyone having their units called just Line Infantry.
    • Ex. Line Infantry > British Line Infantry.
    • preatorian_tweaks is the meat. It has all the stat changes, price changes, unit exclusivity, and other additional changes that are explained in greater detail in the Changelog.txt
    • DME_CANu6 tweaks the cannons similar to preatorian_tweaks changing other units.
    • DME_campaign is just changing the color of certain factions to add more diversity and slight difference. (So there won't be multiple factions that are bright red or white or blue.)

Special Mentions

Brans Mac Born's Ottoman Bug Fix (Without him and his mod my mod's grand campaign would become unplayable quickly.)

Default Re: Praetorian Tweaks

File has been updated, and since I can't edit the original post yet, I would like to announce that you can now choose your Cannon preference, and Year Preference. You're no longer forced to choose 1.5x and year 4.

Also if you have a program that can open 7zip files you can download the mod here Praetorian_Tweaks.7z
    Its half the size of the zip file and should take less time to download.

So quick patch for something I noticed when starting up the game for a play session is that Portugal, Norwegian, Denmark, and Courland Line Infantry was capped at 1 due to my reference unit being capped at one, whoops. Should be patched now.

thanks for this mod submod having fun with it

I'm glad you enjoy it, still gotta work on balancing and difficulty handicaps a little and minor tweaks and bug fixes. Usually after a major update I take a break for a month from the game, but feel free to post any problems or concerns that I could probably fix with a minor patch.