Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION & COMMENTARY (Share, comments, questions, and sugestions)

Default Re: Rise of the Republic v 1.1 Preview

okok thanks i'll wait the patch .

I see that in the Russian tech tree there are some secret weapons technologies between the naval and artillery trees. And yet I don't see in the custom battle roster anything different from what I can currently recruit. Are there any new guns or it's just a leftover from IS?

There must be secret howitzer somewhere in campaign recruiting panel to build.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

Swedish late Dragoons

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Well, I researched the second secret weapon tech as well, built engineering school in Moscow and yet nothing different to recruit. Are the secret weapons those howitzers with insane range of 1700?

Sorry, I mistaken. This techs only gain national prestige. But, never mind, I will finish last unit models for Russia soon. And then it will be entire new unit roster and for artillery units as well.

Citizen

Some of the new Hanoverian building models
    Yes I destroyed the UP during a test campaign^^

Russian line cavalry models.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by oleg2242; March 29, 2018 at 12:49 PM.

Well, I tried the Prussian campaign and the line infantry can't form squares, the button isn't there and there is no tech for that.

Hi,

Another day, another news.

Russian heavy cavalry charge.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The_hussar View Post
    Well, I tried the Prussian campaign and the line infantry can't form squares, the button isn't there and there is no tech for that.
    Thanks for the report, I'll take care of this.

Looks great, oleg! Keep up the good work!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Those are beautiful, Oleg.

Love those uniforms!

Default Re: RISE OF THE REPUBLIC v1.1 [Discussion, Ideas, etc.] read OP first!

Launcher works great! I'm enjoying the music as well. I have yet to install the patch, since it caused CTD for me, but I have to figure that out on my end.

I was wondering..Spain has somewhat of a resurgence under Carlos III and RotR makes for an interesting campaign for the Spanish. However, it's hard getting past those God-awful ugly yellow uniformed Spanish generals/captains on the campaign map.

Did the Spanish wear these garish yellow uniforms at the time? If not, can it be changed to something else? I know it sounds like a small thing (which it is), but it would help with immersion.

Also, some updated faction descriptions would go a long way. I know this is low priority, but it would be nice to see a summary of where the faction currently stands. Spain is a good example of this--not so great in 1700 period, but showing improvement in 1783. Also, an updated faction overview as far as faction strengths and weaknesses would be great (ie Russian has great artillery, Spain has brave soldiers, etc). I've seen these for the featured RotR factions like France and GB, but no others. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; April 03, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

Also, a small criticism of the music: its great on the campaign map, but the classical arrangements feel out of place on the battlefield. It doesn't mix great with sounds of canon fire, gunfire, horns, etc. Battle music probably shouldn't have background music that one would hear strolling thru the gardens of Versailles. Just my two cents.

Loving this mod, thanks!

EDIT: I've since played out several battles and the music was fine. There may be just a few not-so-epic tracks that threw me off.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; April 08, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Also, a small criticism of the music: its great on the campaign map, but the classical arrangements feel out of place on the battlefield. It doesn't mix great with sounds of canon fire, gunfire, horns, etc. Battle music probably shouldn't have background music that one would hear strolling thru the gardens of Versailles. Just my two cents.

Loving this mod, thanks!

EDIT: I've since played out several battles and the music was fine. There may be just a few not-so-epic tracks that threw me off.
    Thanks for the feedback and for the music, I sadly can't add music which is protected by a copyright so my possibilities were limited even more when only classical music (to be exact mostly from the First Viennese School). But I'm always open to new suggestions, so if you have a music piece which is not copyright protected, just sent me a link.

Quintus Hortensius when will you release the next patch?

OMG Guys!!!!!

I played your mod years ago inthe first version and had so many fun with the diplomacy and the helping allies etc.After all the frustration about ALL Games after Empire i downloaded the game again today and just chacked my favorit Mod ... OMG i am so amazed of your work, and now i wonder if i play your actual version or better wait for your newest Update

You guys are doing a great job with the mod