Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Default Re: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

I thought the game was too easy?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Morpethian View Post
    I have now received a reply from Steam about a refund.

I will say sorry to them for alleging that I could notcontact them to ask for a refund. Nevertheless I wish they had been moreclear about its existence.

More importantly, I have been denied a refund, but withoutany reference to the points I raised about English law.

I am wondering now if I ever again want to buy from Steam.
    Sorry to hear that. You was probably way behind the time limits. But from a few friends, the option for refund is working well if you are aware of the time limits. I know it is easy to be the smart one from my perspective but my steam experience is really positive. Games, buying, support..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

From what I can tell, British consumer law only guarantees refunds if the product does not work "as advertised," but not for "the purpose for which [the consumer] bought it." Unless there's another law out there, I'm not sure there's any legal ground to stand on here.

Morpethian's Avatar Laetus

I did check the law before I asked for a refund, and I did refer to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in my refund request.

To those people who find the game easy, I can only assume that your version of the game is not the same as mine. I repeat that I am a veteran of Rome and Empire, which I was playing last night.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I did check the law before I asked for a refund, and I did refer to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 in my refund request.
    Well, I believe that STEAM isn't affected from that specific law, because they have a very specific refund policy (as a company ofc). I never heard anything similar to tell you the truth.
    Over the yrs I had zero issues with STEAM refunds and they usually reply within minutes. I'm sorry for your issues though.

To those people who find the game easy, I can only assume that your version of the game is not the same as mine. I repeat that I am a veteran of Rome and Empire, which I was playing last night.
    From what I can tell from the reading on the section describing digital goods, most of the definitions are subject to interpretation. Since you're outside the guaranteed window that Steam bound itself to for no-questions-asked refunds, they have to agree with you that the game does not meet the guidelines set by the law. If they don't, then it's subject to arbitration, where you have to convince a third party to side with you.

Essentially, the law only requires a refund if either both the trader and the consumer or both an arbitrator and the consumer agree that the product was in breach of the law.

Default This game is still not worth buying

Rather than continue my previous thread, I am starting a new one. I have been denied a refund for TofB, and so have returned to playing it, although with very low expectations.

So this evening I tried playing as Mide on medium. I took out the rebel army, and then moved my two armies into position for a strike against (faction to the west of me - forget the name). I waited a few turns of play so as to build my economy, and then went on the offensive.

The western faction has a city by the west coast, and a village to the north of my lands. My smaller army seized their village, and my main army, strategically placed in a border town, recruited four new units. I then found that these new units are way under strength, and will take four turns of play to increase to full strength. The enemy army to the west has eight units, all at or close to full strength.

I have taken a break. This game is not easy at all.

Default Re: This game is still not worth buying

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this weekend, we will make it through this tough time together

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

ToB has sadly no tutorial so I would advise at least to keep full advice and listen to ingame advisory info. You seem to struggle with multiple fronts of the game. Maybe go watch some playthroughs or read some guides. Basically anybody keeping at least one eye on ToB news knew a long ago about these changes to recruitment and many others. You are free not to like the ToB system but it is hardly game´s fault. I cannot imagine how you could play for three+ days, more hours than steam allows for refunding and still be suprised by that...

I don´t want to judge you, but it sounds like you are trying to find any excuse why to blame the game. Maybe really take a longer break and return to ToB somewhere in the future with new try. :-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; June 02, 2018 at 06:22 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

i've been around for long enough to have played every TW game since Shogun 1 (except Warhammer, that is totally outside of my 'universe') and this is the first title in ages that doesn't make me want to run for the hills in search of mods. CA took some bald steps and credit has to be given to Jack Lusted for actually going ahead and implementing the new recruitment system. i've played for some 20 hours so far and love how stack-spam is gone and army is in essence your most important asset that cannot be easily and quickly replaced. i dislike streamlining and cutting out the features like anyone else, of course, and wish they didnt automate things like trade or scrap agents etc. that said, the game is still solid, the artwork is amazing and campaign AI is reasonable. the game is tough and i spend about 180 turns (post patch) fighting a civil war as the Sudreyar. started a new game with Strat Clut and doing much better owning 4 provinces atm but facing a potential prospect of civil war as FL is about to die of old age and there are nobles with high influence that may cause lot of succession trouble. i didnt manage to accumulate an immense amount of money or food in either playthroughs, something others complained about, and just getting by with very little surplus. love how the game seems to be set for a slower and longer campaigns. so far support for the game has been great too - patch has been released in no time.

in short, the game is well worth buying, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this weekend, we will make it through this tough time together

naughty

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

One thread to bind them all....

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I don´t want to judge you, but it sounds like you are trying to find any excuse why to blame the game. Maybe really take a longer break and return to ToB somewhere in the future with new try. :-)
    Couldn't agree more.

I have set up a new thread about my experiences with TofB, and will make further comments there.

I have set up a new thread about my experiences with TofB, and will make further comments there.
    Why though ?
    There is already a specific thread about criticism, imagine every person to create his own thread, that'll make a mess.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How can it be too easy? Am I playing a different game to everyone else?
    That the game is too hard for you, is not IMO reason enough for others to NOT buy the game, mate.
    As for why you struggle with this game that many criticize for being too easy? Perhaps because you have not learned the tricks of this particular game? Perhaps you expect things to work in X way and they work on Y way?

More importantly, I have been denied a refund, but withoutany reference to the points I raised about English law.
    I should be refunded because of my rights under English law. The game is not fit for the purpose for which I bought it. I bought it for the enjoyment of pitting my wits against AI controlled factions. I cannot enjoy a game where I cannot win because it is impossible.

As an aside, I still play Empire on an old computer, and I have captured Moscow playing as Bavaria. I do not ask for a game to be easy - except on the easy setting - but I do ask for it to be not impossible.
    Well, since several others have won in Very Hard, it is not impossible to win now, is it? Hence if it is not impossible to win then you have not bought a game under false advertisement. Being too hard for you doesn't mean it is impossible, even for you. Hence you were not cheated out of your money. You just made a bad purchase.

Also Capturing Moscow as Bavaria in ETW is... not hard at all. I have captured, and held, Moscow as Morocco.

ETW is very easy game. RTW is also easy and you are probably much more skilled with it.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 03, 2018 at 02:09 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

@alhoon
    Perfectly good explanation.

So because you find the game too "hard", no one else should buy it? WOW!

I’m convinced this is an elaborate troll thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardri View Post
    I’m convinced this is an elaborate troll thread
    I think you might be right, but among useless entries you may find here some interesting ones:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    i've been around for long enough to have played every TW game since Shogun 1 (except Warhammer, that is totally outside of my 'universe') and this is the first title in ages that doesn't make me want to run for the hills in search of mods. CA took some bald steps and credit has to be given to Jack Lusted for actually going ahead and implementing the new recruitment system. i've played for some 20 hours so far and love how stack-spam is gone and army is in essence your most important asset that cannot be easily and quickly replaced. i dislike streamlining and cutting out the features like anyone else, of course, and wish they didnt automate things like trade or scrap agents etc. that said, the game is still solid, the artwork is amazing and campaign AI is reasonable. the game is tough and i spend about 180 turns (post patch) fighting a civil war as the Sudreyar. started a new game with Strat Clut and doing much better owning 4 provinces atm but facing a potential prospect of civil war as FL is about to die of old age and there are nobles with high influence that may cause lot of succession trouble. i didnt manage to accumulate an immense amount of money or food in either playthroughs, something others complained about, and just getting by with very little surplus. love how the game seems to be set for a slower and longer campaigns. so far support for the game has been great too - patch has been released in no time.

Civis

O don't agree with the OP at all. I love the game and highly reccomend it. Just put some time into it .....

Regards

Trym

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast