Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caen Castle, Duchy of Normandy

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Caen Castle, Duchy of Normandy

"Quite enjoyable" It seemed this Raoul had a likewise taste in the ways of life like himself. He then seated himself next to this Raoul when invited, wine quickly arrived of course.

He'd soon pull some lady on his lap, he didn't care if she wanted it or not. He was noble after all and felt himself permitted to do so.

"I've been in lesser pleasant places, i do admit" He didn't like the air of London, too many low blooded wretches wriggling their nose between the asses of the nobility.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

The girls of Raoul's 'court' were here because they were willing. Very willing. By the time Lascy had arranged himself with his own lady, Raoul had already half unlaced the gown of his own lady, revealing much of her bosom. He continued his explorations, grinning over at de Lascy. "I think I have taken the notion to visit a pleasant place..." Raoul smiled as the maid moaned softly, her face red. Naturally, de Conteville had taken the prettiest for himself. "Normandy, home of fine wine and fine women."

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

"Yes, i admit...." He had to give him that, it wasn't expected to be received such as this. But even as a man of the pleasures himself he did not came all here just to woo some lady.

The young man then pushed the lady from his lap away, as if recovering from that moment of lust.

"I had expected to meet the count of Mortain or Champagne, but i suppose i can talk business with you, no?"
    He wasn't sure this Raoul had the mettle to talk about important matters.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Raoul smiled haughtily. "Ah yes, the great Comte de Mortain et Alençon, Robert de Conteville." Raoul de Conteville stopped playing with the lady, whose skirt was by now hitched up over her backside, and only covered the upper half of her thighs. She directed a reproachful look at the Seigneur, but said nothing, knowing that Raoul wouldn't forget her for long. It was clear she was used to his attentions. "I am indeed the highest authority here, since brother dear has run off to fight Anjou in Maine."

Something about this man's tone would suggest that Raoul secretly hoped his brother wouldn't come back - that he hoped for a more open opportunity for discussing the inheritance of Mortain's children. "Well, I suppose I can handle it before I my lady here brainless. What do you need?"

A beleaguered, disappointed Adelaide returns to Caen, with her husband in tow. With her plot wrecked by Capet's denial she had to weave another, in order not only to survive with whatever means available, but also trying to gain something in the process, she had to take care of her son's prospects, after all.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Instead of her brother, Adelaide found in Caen the paternal brother of Mortain, Raoul de Conteville. Raoul had been appointed to a position of authority in the castle while Mortian warred in Maine - mainly because Robert de Conteville had few others to appoint and Raoul was a difficult creature to control.

The castle itself was in a state of disarray, the temporary constable more intent on whoring his way around the looser ladies at court and the maids, even bedding his ladies in the bed of le Conquérant himself. The Duchess Matilda, in terrible fury, had removed herself to Mortain's castle at Goeblin, and the King was still confined in his chambers after his attempt to execute Raoul.

The Count and Countess would find Raoul de Conteville in a room somewhere in the castle, breeches half undone and a very thoroughly nude and worn out lady sleeping on a bed. The Seigneur de Conteville himself sat, drinking wine, when Odo and Adelaide arrived.

"You, my brother's brother, seem to be quite at ease in my sire's manor..."

Said Adelaide.

"...But it does not surprise me. Conteville, I come with good and bad news"

"Exactly. My uncle promised to help us, with all his not inconsiderable help, but we offered him the hand of Adela, our niece"

"But, Capet refused to give any help to us, right now or in the future to come"

"We come to take Adela to Blois, in order to seal the treaty and gain the count-palatine's armies"

"The Duchess Matilda removed herself and her children to the court of Mortain himself, in Goeblin Castle." No need to make the issue of Richard too in their faces... "Once you have sealed this deal, what do you intend to do next?" Raoul had risen to his feet, Raoul junior had been temporarily visible as the Seigneur de Conteville quickly laced up his breeches. Conteville was an arse, but he wasn't stupid and he looked at them both with animal cunning glaring in his eyes.

"The sire of Vermandois and the sire of Coucy"

Said Adelaide.

"The bishop of Reims should also be consulted about matters involving these affairs"

"We will go to Goeblin to fetch our niece, as soon as possible"

"What of Maurilius, Archbishop of Roeun? And the Angevins?" Raoul was busy poring himself more wine, but he was clearly trying to figure out their intentions.

"They would have to be approached as well, Conteville, worry not"

Said Odo.

"But do we have your explicit approval to remove Adela from her mother's care?"

"Yes. I suppose you do." The woman on the blanket was stirring, as was Raoul, and it was clear he had lost interest in this conversation.

"Then, we have little else to talk, my lord. Enjoy... your company"

Both bow and leave.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

As a flash of light goes out through the realm and a shift in the time space continuum comes to consume de Bohun Humphrey'with the beard' finds himself outside the chambers of Mortain wishing to discuss the upcoming invasion of England. Two years ago the man had said he intended to invade England in two years time. He was not sure if the regent still intended to hold to that time scale.

A great burst of energy had temporarily shocked Mortain. He had sure he had been in the heart of France, and that Bohun had been in open rebellion, but now he seemed to be sitting at a desk in Caen. Maybe he was going senile. Regardless, Bohun is ushered in and Mortian gestures that he may take a seat and begin to speak.

Humphrey gives a small bow to the count and regent before taking the offered seat. Then he begins, "With the situation in Maine settled is the timeline for the invasion still going?" He asks the regent, "I do not want to waste the little Money I have on mercenaries if we are not going into the invasion this year." He needed to know what was going on he had come after all to see Williams kin in the throne and with the battle in Maine done he was ready to shed Saxon blood again.

"I have business in the Vexin, and then we will begin to prepare to cross the Channel. Our invasion is on schedule, Lord Humphrey, and I will be damned before I miss the chance."

"Good then should I begin to hire men?" Humphrey wanted to be ready when the time came to cross the channel into England.

"You should. Soon I will begin to raise a host. I hope to land shortly after the gales calm down - I must simply decide where we are to land." No small task, considering the fortifications built along the southern coast.

"They will most likely expect a landing near Hastings again," de Bohun says nodding. "But perhaps We can land near Dover? If we can seize some of the rich land around there before Edgar can raise troops it will deny him wealth and manpower."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast