Thread: Good movies by Dario Argento?

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Good movies by Dario Argento?

I like the following:

Profondo Rosso
    Tenebre
    Suspiria
    Phenomena

Suspiria and Phenomena have issues with the plot (well, more issues ), but sort of make up for them in other ways.

I like Argento, although he is repetitive and doesn't seem to mind plot that much. Profondo Rosso probably has the most concrete plot of his movies that i have seen.

Whatever, though; Phenomena has Jennifer Connelly, and apparently the girl (also called Jennifer) in SNES horror classic "Clocktower" was modelled after her

Your surname doesn't have to be Komnenos, Doukas or Palaiologos, so as to join
    the Neo-Byzantine Society: click on the immortal emblem; partake in high culture

Papay's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Good movies by Dario Argento?

At some point i watched "the church" which started great, it had great atmosphere but it was a mild dissapointment. I recommend it though

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Good movies by Dario Argento?

I don't think that he directed it. Iirc he is a producer there
    Director seems to be Soavi - i have seen one of his movies, Stagefright, and i can't say i liked it.
    Your surname doesn't have to be Komnenos, Doukas or Palaiologos, so as to join
    the Neo-Byzantine Society: click on the immortal emblem; partake in high culture