Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Li Bageard's Den

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Default Re: Li Bageard's Den

William thought this man to be an idiot, he was bluntly fishing for treason. William held no loyalty to either side, he would only back the winning side and Edgar is clearly going to win in the upcoming war.

He is a puppeteer taking advantage of little children to his own benefit though his attempts are futile, he should be stripped of all lands, titles, and spurs whereby he is executed at the King's earliest convenience

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

"An apt assessment of Mortain and his capabilities, but he holds no land in England. The baron Mortain is safely in my care, and his lands are safely being administered by my son." He turned back to his writing desk and began filling out something the other man could not see. Warrene had the right of Mortain's power still he did not win at York by dismissing the Saxon threat. He was not going to let Mortain catch him unawares either. "It was a pleasure Warrene is there anything else you wish to discus?" He was already putting the man from his mind he may prove useful in the future, but he was not going to trust him with more now.

(May as well post here, Richard hasn't got a home thread yet)

A rider comes to Mortain from the King himself. Edgar is leaving these shores for England, but has decided to name Richard as Count of Alencon, befitting his status as the rightful heir of Robert de Mortain who held the title before his death.

ap Nwython arrives with a few of his retainers in response to the Marshal's invitation.

The man himself and his retainers are given private rooms where they can freshen up after their travels. Once that is done Servants come and lead them to a large hall, ap Nwython himself is sat on Gerold's immediate right, on the other side Gerold's wife sat. ap Nwython's retainers are given seats among his own. Gerold studies the Welshmen as he sits down. The man had served under Edgar and earned some land next to Gerold's northern most land.

"ap Nwython I trust your travels were good?" He asks the man.

Seririol nods. "Yes, the journey here went quite well, thank you for asking lord Bageard."

Gerold nods and takes a sip of the wine he had imported from Mortain's cellars. Good wine which much harder to find in England then it was on the continent. "I am glad your travels went well." He says pausing to accept the first course from a servant. "How have you found your new grant of lands?"
    Last edited by Trot; July 14, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Gerold nods and takes a sip of the wine he had imported from Mortain's cellars. Good wine which much harder to find in England then it was on the continent. "I am glad your travels went well." He says pausing to accept the first course from a servant. "How have you found your new grant of lands?"
    "So far they seem to have a good amount of potential, I will probably conduct a survey of my lands to figure out a suitable location for a castle, perhaps Lichfield as one of the local noblemen told me it was once the seat of power for a Lloegyrwys kingdom." ap Nwython pauses to take a sip of the Norman wine a servant had brought along with the first course. "How do your lands fare?"

"The prince of Gwent has decided to raid my lands in retaliation for the past year," Gerold says accepting another dish. "I trust you have heard of that expedition last year?" The planned invasion of wales had not gone well. It was annoying that Mortain had decided that was the year to engage in a foolish invasion.

"I heard some of it, that the Marcher forces managed to occupy some of Gwent but then had to retreat?" Seririol finishes eating the first dish and then sips from his cup of wine. "I'm surprised they didn't retaliate during Mortain's invasion, figuring the Marchers would be drawn away."

"I know not why they delayed," Gerold says with a small shrug, "I can not let these attacks against my land go unpunished however. I intend to go back into Wales in the near future, and I would like your aid in this endeavor. A man who knows the language and the land would be an aid, and there is a chance of gaining more land for yourself."

"Of course not, as no retaliation would likely embolden them when they strike again or encourage further raids." ap Nwython finishes his cup of wine, and nods. "You shall have it."

"I am glad to hear that. To a prosperous era for the marchers," Gerold says raising his glass to the newly minted Lord.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

The Earl of Hereford arrives at Dursley castle with Sir Harold and Lord Talbot. The three of them were fresh from raiding the border of Gwent in retaliation for the Welsh raiding their lands.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Earl Waltheof arrives having received the request, the Anglo-Dane is in a noticeably foul mood after his recent meeting with the King.

Seririol arrives at Dursley castle.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Hugh De Lascy arrives and seeks out to speak Gerold before he leaves for Wales.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    The Earl of Hereford arrives at Dursley castle with Sir Harold and Lord Talbot. The three of them were fresh from raiding the border of Gwent in retaliation for the Welsh raiding their lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    Earl Waltheof arrives having received the request, the Anglo-Dane is in a noticeably foul mood after his recent meeting with the King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion View Post
    Seririol arrives at Dursley castle.
    They are led into a private sitting room where li Bageard waits. Servants come around offering ale and wine to the lords and food is soon provided. As everyone settles into there seats Gerold begins. "Everyone knows why we are here today. The intention of this is the arrange an expedition into Wales for the purpose of expanding our territories and seeing the lands brought into the realm. All of us stand to gain. New lands and titles will be earned and new lords made." He pauses surveying the room. "I intend to lead this force into Gwent First and continue securing the Southern Coast before we begin to push North." He stops again waiting to see if any object to this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary The Quene View Post
    Hugh De Lascy arrives and seeks out to speak Gerold before he leaves for Wales.

The keep is bustling servants running around and armed men gathering their arms and armor. The preparations for war are clearly underway. In the courtyard men are being drilled and trains. Knights train preparing to earn honor and glory abroad. "Baron de Lascy," he says recognizing the man from the council. He knew little about the lord, but the man had not been among those begging for scraps in the grand council. "What brings you here?"

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    They are led into a private sitting room where li Bageard waits. Servants come around offering ale and wine to the lords and food is soon provided. As everyone settles into there seats Gerold begins. "Everyone knows why we are here today. The intention of this is the arrange an expedition into Wales for the purpose of expanding our territories and seeing the lands brought into the realm. All of us stand to gain. New lands and titles will be earned and new lords made." He pauses surveying the room. "I intend to lead this force into Gwent First and continue securing the Southern Coast before we begin to push North." He stops again waiting to see if any object to this plan.
    We should halt on the border of Powys, for I hear that it is united beneath one King.

Powys and Gwynedd, together they stood as the most powerful and united kingdoms within central and northern Wales.

How far along the southern coast will we go and how shall lands be divided up?
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Roger Perceval arrives for the meeting of the Marchers, fresh from surveying his new lands in Rutland.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast