Thread: Total War: Apocalypse

OwenSnelly's Avatar Foederatus

Icon3 Total War: Apocalypse

The haze of war has faded. and all that there is now is survival. Welcome to total war: Apocalypse

PLEASE NOTE ALL ARTWORK SEEN IS PLACEHOLDER (i need an artist )

This is a hobby project of mine to convert the world of total war Attila to a Dystopian history/future where all civilization and technology has been lost to the ages and it is time to start from scratch. I have selected Attila due to its features such as the ability to abandon settlements and the ability to add factions.

the basic idea of the mod is to create a world where nobody is your ally and everybody starts out hostile. a good 80-90% of settlements will be abandoned and the cost of occupying them will be little to nothing. each occupation of a settlement will require the player name their new found settlement.the campaign will essentially be a land grab & constant war between different, ever-growing survivor groups. i will go into further detail below into planned features & customization

I currently have the mod in an early phase of development and have implemented the very bare bones of two factions based out of what was the united kingdom. I am still learning modding but what you find below is what i aim to add to this campaign.

• Custom units - this will include base units for everybody and ten custom ones on-top of that for each clan.
    • After you take an abandoned settlement (for no money) the settlement will need you to name it. or you can just leave it called "Desolate Ruin" this will encourage the player to really build their own world.
    • Custom factions and starting locations (this may also include hoards)
    • Renames & Re-image buildings to suit the theme
    • Reworked Tech Tree
    • Custom UI
    • Custom weapons, Armor for the aforementioned custom units

And possibly some more currently unplanned features, of which i am more than happy for people to suggest.

I am currently looking for people to help in the following areas

• Moddeler
    • Artists
    • DB/ESF Editors to assist me with the building of the mod

and anyone else interested in helping is more then welcome to contact me.

PLEASE FIND BELOW SOME SCREENSHOTS OF EARLY DEVELOPMENT
    None of the artwork, faction & settlements should be taken as final work. Mostly what you are seeing here is a features test build.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you would like to get involved take a look at the ModDB page or contact me via the below methods.

Discord: Owen#0409
    Stream:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/KaatheFrampt/
    ModDB: https://www.moddb.com/mods/total-war-apocalypse

Default Re: Total War: Apocalypse

So is it supposed to be like Mad Max? You can probably incorporate the guns and cannons from Medieval kingdoms to give it a more futuristic feel

You should keep the horde factions too, big nomadic horse factions would be fit in well

OwenSnelly's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    So is it supposed to be like Mad Max? You can probably incorporate the guns and cannons from Medieval kingdoms to give it a more futuristic feel

You should keep the horde factions too, big nomadic horse factions would be fit in well
    Hi Athos.

Yeah that is essentially the idea. But I would be coming up with unique names for factions, units and all that.

To start with I will be working to get the melee combat down properly with the custom units but I do like that idea as well.

Think the main idea was that these people had regressed so far back that cannons & guns were a lost art so maybe very rare.

New stuff found on ModDB (all credits go to OwenSnelly):

Stating Location Map:

Island Survivers preview:

Screenshots of Hill Tribes Clan campaign:

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here