Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound fix for S2TW and expansions

Default Sound fix for S2TW and expansions

I have made a pack file that fixes the sound corruption for especially mods.
    Now how did I accomplish that?
    First, credit to crux3D and his symphony de-compiler and re-compiler. Without it, I could never fix the issue.
    Now the tool of symphony does work with S2TW, but the main issue is (was) that many fields where unknown. So, what I did, is I compared the file with NTW (same engine and code).
    The main reason that sound becomes corrupt when for example adding new units, is that the sound_bank_projectile (it looks for information in the db => projectiles: gun_type and shot_type table)was unit specific, while in NTW it wasn't.
    So I deleted all unit specific lines in the sound_bank_projectile and re-compiled it. And after testing, the sound (firing) was normal. No more weird sounds when firing guns, bows, rifles, etc...
    This sound_fix.pack file can be used for ALL mods. Just see that other mods, don't have any sound_packed files in their mod packs.
    Just add the sound_fix.pack in your data (Usually found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War SHOGUN 2\data) folder and activate in modmanager.
    Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Sound fix for S2TW and expansions

Wow, was the fix for the sound issues really that easy? Amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Wow, was the fix for the sound issues really that easy? Amazing work!
    Yes, it looks like that. I investigated a lot and did some test. And it fixed all my sound problems. If you leave it (vanilla) unit specific, than other units you add are not using the sound specific projectile sound and it uses random sounds (that's why some units get canon sounds, or revolver sounds, etc...).

Artifex

Yesterday, I've played some heavily modded battles and didn't notice any sound issues. Great work!
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

perfect. It. means it works as it had to be. thanks for the feedback.

This works great for me Thanks

Does this work if it is added to a mod or does it have to load separately?

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Does this work if it is added to a mod or does it have to load separately?
    You can add it to a mod (with PFM) or load the mod separately. Your choice off course. But not both.

Hi izzi, will this work with "Portugees Faction Mod" as they change units and some projectiles? I had 1 chap from steam say it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
    Hi izzi, will this work with "Portugees Faction Mod" as they change units and some projectiles? I had 1 chap from steam say it won't.
    Normally yes. It doesn't matter if you add new projectiles or not.

Awesome thx, almost 800 ppl have subcribed to it so far, it's very popular and only a few can't get it to work, probably there end.
    Thanks again for working on this fix

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
    Awesome thx, almost 800 ppl have subcribed to it so far, it's very popular and only a few can't get it to work, probably there end.
    Thanks again for working on this fix
    Perfect. It's still possibly that I will add an update to it in the future. Because I recently saw that I forgot to delete one unit line that is still linked to a projectile. And off course, if I discover something new.

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

I've waited for this mod for so much time ...
    Many thanks dude ! I will be able to play shogun 2 once again

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_r View Post
    I've waited for this mod for so much time ...
    Many thanks dude ! I will be able to play shogun 2 once again
    No prob. Thanks for letting me know that you enjoy it.

This mod causes my game to automatically crash on loading screen. (I needed it because Oda bow ashigaru were sounding like cannons instead of arrows for some reason)

Any tips on how to fix?

I've tried naming it so its last in my load order, no difference. I've tried naming it so the Yari Wall mod which I've read is a common cause for problems is right after it - no dice. Tried naming it so its first - nothing.

The load bar reaches 50%, it crashes. I checked all my mods in PFM and none of them touch the 2 things your mod touches. Disabling the mod allows the loading screen to end.

thanks a lot, please help me if you can
    Last edited by Semper Fi or Die; August 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi or Die View Post
    This mod causes my game to automatically crash on loading screen. (I needed it because Oda bow ashigaru were sounding like cannons instead of arrows for some reason)

Any tips on how to fix?

I've tried naming it so its last in my load order, no difference. I've tried naming it so the Yari Wall mod which I've read is a common cause for problems is right after it - no dice. Tried naming it so its first - nothing.

The load bar reaches 50%, it crashes. I checked all my mods in PFM and none of them touch the 2 things your mod touches. Disabling the mod allows the loading screen to end.

thanks a lot, please help me if you can
    You have to see that you don't have mod installed with a sound.packed file. This causes crashes.

Hi izzi, I had a chap saying that after he used the fix he had FoS battle bugle sounds in other campaigns battles.
    I have also heard FoS bugles in SJ but can't see how or why this would effect it.

Any thoughts?

PS over 3k subs for your fix on Steam now

Yeah, i need to do run some test still. It was just a first build sound fix. I tested it only with Fots and with my own mod. It's possibly that some sound got overwritten for S2TW and Rots. I will do my best to fix the issue. I am currently working on my own mod and later i have to work again on the sound files, when i do that, i will make a fix for it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Yeah, i need to do run some test still. It was just a first build sound fix. I tested it only with Fots and with my own mod. It's possibly that some sound got overwritten for S2TW and Rots. I will do my best to fix the issue. I am currently working on my own mod and later i have to work again on the sound files, when i do that, i will make a fix for it.
    Thanks for the mod, izzi, but I've found that some Chosokabe archers still sound like cannons. On Steam there is an user that pointed takeda bow cavalry as well. Could you take a look at that?

Quote Originally Posted by p.s.y.c.h.o View Post
    Thanks for the mod, izzi, but I've found that some Chosokabe archers still sound like cannons. On Steam there is an user that pointed takeda bow cavalry as well. Could you take a look at that?
    Try this fix: totalrtsmods forum. Also see that no mods have the same sound file (otherwise you could have some strange sounds coming out). I do not reply that much here on twc. I am mostly on the totalrtsmods forum or discord.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast