Simple question first, I have set archer depth to 6, but they deploy as 5, at least some of them. I saw some crossbows deploy with depth of 6, but everyone else as 5. i have double checked all the units, and they are all set to 6 rank depth. Is there something else I'm missing?

Second question: With increasing the unit size I run in to the width limitation. Is there anyway to change that?

More broad question: I would really like to find some specific information on how armies of the era deployed their troops (at least a ratio for rank and width) I know that say, the spear wall, would have been one long 'unit' and not multiple units, but if I can at least find some information on how deep they generally were based on a certain number of total men, that would help. I would also imagine that the way the Saxons deployed their spears would be different in make up then the Welsh or the Vikings. I would like to do a very deep specific mod on unit size and ratio, I just can't find any information.

Thanks.