Thread: Free upkeep units

Default Free upkeep units

I am aware that one is supposed to get free upkeep units in both coties and castles. However I am not getting free upkeep units in castle even though I can recruit that unit.
    Earlier I wasn't getting upkeep in cities either and so I reinstalled the mod but now no free upkeep in castles. Any help would be appreciated.
    Another question- I know it's not related but is G5 settlement tweaks compatible with Byg Grim reality V?
    Thanks
    My AAR- The Restoration of the Empire-A Vanilla Byzantine AAR

Default Re: Free upkeep units

Do you not get free upkeep even for peasants? Because some castle troops don't get free upkeep, read their description and if it should free upkeep in castle.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_(\)008 View Post
    Do you not get free upkeep even for peasants? Because some castle troops don't get free upkeep, read their description and if it should free upkeep in castle.
    Thanks a lot dude. I have limited experience with this game so I wasn't aware. Any answer to my 2nd question?
    My AAR- The Restoration of the Empire-A Vanilla Byzantine AAR

no idea about second question, sorry

I have found that the free upkeep units must be recruitable from the buildings specific to either the castle or town. Some units are free upkeep in towns and others in castles. I modded a work around by making all militia units recruitable from both towns and castles. Fairly easy to do if you have edited text files before. Let me know if you need some help
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!