Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Campaign UI's v1.0 - All UI's done !!!

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign UI's v0.4 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Gondor UI)

It certainly fit with sylvan elves, as mallorn is a white wood. But everybody has his tastes and I respect that.

Anyway giving the poor return from the TWC community, I will certainly let this project sleepy for some time...
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: New Campaign UI's v0.4 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Gondor UI)

Activity on the TATW forum has been dropping quite dramatically in the last few years. Unavoidable in my view, as Medieval Total War is probably still the most moddable game, but it's ever more showing its age. People move on and the young crowd doesn't know the game, or can't do without the eye candy of the current titles. It's only natural.
    This also means there is much less modding going on here and thus a much smaller "audience" for your work, despite how spectacular it may may be.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Patrician Citizen

That's a good analysis and I agree completely, mate.
    I don't work for fame or glory, but I used to get more returns and even negative returns are better than no returns.
    But what you said is a fact, and I am not expecting that much now.

Now I'm slowing this project to pursue other projects, like RotK. But my motivation will get back, I'm hard to kill
    So I'll probably finish all UI's at some point, even if I would be the only guy using it!

PS: at least Leo will use it
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Catch the DaC-players attention and you should harvest some respons; that's where the action in TATW's forum is these days

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    That's a good analysis and I agree completely, mate.
    I don't work for fame or glory, but I used to get more returns and even negative returns are better than no returns.
    But what you said is a fact, and I am not expecting that much now.

Now I'm slowing this project to pursue other projects, like RotK. But my motivation will get back, I'm hard to kill
    So I'll probably finish all UI's at some point, even if I would be the only guy using it!

PS: at least Leo will use it
    Traffic is indeed down in these forums but your work is no less appreciated. Also looking forward to the rest of your work on the other cultures.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; June 08, 2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    It certainly fit with sylvan elves, as mallorn is a white wood. But everybody has his tastes and I respect that.

Anyway giving the poor return from the TWC community, I will certainly let this project sleepy for some time...
    Recently installed 0.4 version on spare TATW copy and looked on UI in-game. So, if you wanted some feedback:

Overall, nice work. Certanly a significalt improvement over vanilla TATW. Not so sure about AUI.

Orcish UI - agree with atthias here, best of the 3 relesed so far. Little Mordor-heavy (may not fit Isengard), but good anyway.
    Elven UI - reminds me more on antique Greece then on elves(which may be inspiration for their visual stule, through). Also, unit cards problem - they don't mesh well with the rest of UI, creep the statue on the left, and just looks bad. And, does said statue supposed to hide missions button?
    Gondor UI - same problem as Elven one - unit cards just refuse to blend with unit panel and statue below mission scroll. Other things noticed - missions button looks lower ouality than AUI one, same with the "end turn" one(admittedly not sure about this one), Minas-Tirith picture on buildings button could use higher levels overhaul(it looks like the Tower of Pisa now). At last, White Tree as finances button looks a bit strange for me(but might be good for variety between cultures).

Patrician Citizen

Thanks, for now I've decided to sail to other shores (currently working for Rise of 3 Kingdoms & Stainless Steel Titanium), but your feedback is most useful

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

In case you'll come back to this project: The backgrounds look great, but the Minas Tirith image for Gondor UI is too big. Also, the statue there looks kind of awkward. The orcish UI is flawless, whilst the Elvish one could look even better with more green surfaces (maybe the selected tab plus the button on the top right which sows you the selected object). But I like the overall design for both of the later two, for Gondor not that much.

Patrician Citizen

I'll come back and I'm taking into account your remarks

Patrician Citizen

I tried what ou suggested for elves, but that did not look 'natural', so I tried something like this (just a mockup for now).

Very nice looking background, and mission button is plain lovely, though the rest of buttons makes me think of fauns mostly.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Patrician Citizen

Thanks mate, 2019 is an occasion to get new approach on these UI's so I might try some other buttons more based on the movie

Patrician Citizen

New buttons, trying to get something working for both elves factions ... and less statues

EDIT: central background lighter

Last edited by cedric37; January 03, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Great that you're working on it again!
    Tha's already a huge improvement for my taste. Ngugi's tip was very valuable, where did you find th pictures you used for the panels?
    I also prefer the design with the lighter background, as I could image the dak lines on the other version being a bit distractive.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; January 03, 2019 at 04:22 PM.

@ced'
    For what it's worth you're welcome Building-button is generic Elven and merc-button merc is Lorien/Silvan in style, so those do good.
    The End turn-gem I'd personally encourage to be replaced with something else, unless the gem's colour is changed, because the purple sticks out, not being found elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    I also prefer the design with the lighter background, as I could image the dak lines on the other version being a bit distractive.
    A fair point, seen very dark UIs over the years where lack of contrasts had details lost.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

nice!

Patrician Citizen

Thank you guys and Ngugi, yes you are right, gem turned to greenish blue

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign UI's v0.45 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Elven UI)

First Post updated with new download link including updated Elven UI.

Patrician Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign UI's v0.45 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Elven UI)

Reworked Gondor UI, with more clear look but still preserving the spirit...

Like it
    The End Turn-button would do good with more of a dark background [as in, enlarge the black circle or something alike] however. It otherwise comes off as an odd golden stick when first seen, as the white leaves are lost against the white-grey stone background unless focused on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast