Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Campaign UI's v0.4 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Gondor UI)

cedric37's Avatar Why Not !
    Citizen

Default Re: New Campaign UI's v0.4 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Gondor UI)

It certainly fit with sylvan elves, as mallorn is a white wood. But everybody has his tastes and I respect that.

Anyway giving the poor return from the TWC community, I will certainly let this project sleepy for some time...
    My submods & other links
    AUI for 3rd Age|EFI for Call of Warhammer|E2DI for Stainless Steel
    Making Kingdoms UI's (basics)|New Campaign UI's for 3rd Age
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: New Campaign UI's v0.4 - Gondor, Orc & Elven UI ready to download (updated Gondor UI)

Activity on the TATW forum has been dropping quite dramatically in the last few years. Unavoidable in my view, as Medieval Total War is probably still the most moddable game, but it's ever more showing its age. People move on and the young crowd doesn't know the game, or can't do without the eye candy of the current titles. It's only natural.
    This also means there is much less modding going on here and thus a much smaller "audience" for your work, despite how spectacular it may may be.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Citizen

That's a good analysis and I agree completely, mate.
    I don't work for fame or glory, but I used to get more returns and even negative returns are better than no returns.
    But what you said is a fact, and I am not expecting that much now.

Now I'm slowing this project to pursue other projects, like RotK. But my motivation will get back, I'm hard to kill
    So I'll probably finish all UI's at some point, even if I would be the only guy using it!

PS: at least Leo will use it
    My submods & other links
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Catch the DaC-players attention and you should harvest some respons; that's where the action in TATW's forum is these days

Orcs of the Misty Mountains preview-video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod
    | DCI: T˘l Acharn - mighty D˙nedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliš Alý, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    That's a good analysis and I agree completely, mate.
    I don't work for fame or glory, but I used to get more returns and even negative returns are better than no returns.
    But what you said is a fact, and I am not expecting that much now.

Now I'm slowing this project to pursue other projects, like RotK. But my motivation will get back, I'm hard to kill
    So I'll probably finish all UI's at some point, even if I would be the only guy using it!

PS: at least Leo will use it
    Traffic is indeed down in these forums but your work is no less appreciated. Also looking forward to the rest of your work on the other cultures.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; June 08, 2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cedric37 View Post
    It certainly fit with sylvan elves, as mallorn is a white wood. But everybody has his tastes and I respect that.

Anyway giving the poor return from the TWC community, I will certainly let this project sleepy for some time...
    Recently installed 0.4 version on spare TATW copy and looked on UI in-game. So, if you wanted some feedback:

Overall, nice work. Certanly a significalt improvement over vanilla TATW. Not so sure about AUI.

Orcish UI - agree with atthias here, best of the 3 relesed so far. Little Mordor-heavy (may not fit Isengard), but good anyway.
    Elven UI - reminds me more on antique Greece then on elves(which may be inspiration for their visual stule, through). Also, unit cards problem - they don't mesh well with the rest of UI, creep the statue on the left, and just looks bad. And, does said statue supposed to hide missions button?
    Gondor UI - same problem as Elven one - unit cards just refuse to blend with unit panel and statue below mission scroll. Other things noticed - missions button looks lower ouality than AUI one, same with the "end turn" one(admittedly not sure about this one), Minas-Tirith picture on buildings button could use higher levels overhaul(it looks like the Tower of Pisa now). At last, White Tree as finances button looks a bit strange for me(but might be good for variety between cultures).

Citizen

Thanks, for now I've decided to sail to other shores (currently working for Rise of 3 Kingdoms & Stainless Steel Titanium), but your feedback is most useful
    My submods & other links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2