Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Please use this thread to post any general questions or requests you may have for the mod. This can include overall feedback on campaigns and battles.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Hi Dresden !
    I would have asked about the supply system. why do you get -5 negative values when the army is suffering from a loss? (attricion> -5 supply), while fewer people in the army use less food in principle. it is very frustrating that a squatting army does not fill supply because of the negative value, even if there is food supply in the province anyway. Tell me where I can find this value, where can I change myself? THX.

Do you mean a lost battle? I think its in campaign variables.

not just after a losing battle. for any man to lose, even in a winning battle there is also a loss of man. then the -5 value will be displayed immediately: "attrition -5". if there is no food in winter, then "faction food" will appear negative. but it is also penalized with this attrition -5 value. this is very frustrating, especially when food production is at the edge .

I am not entirely sure, but I think after the so called ''first patch'' the CAI of the mod is as non-aggressive as it is in vanilla game.

Well, its turned to maximum aggression for all 100+ personality profiles Not much else we can do.

Are you planning on reducing the strenght of West Seax (less vassals at the start) as they are too strong?

Ohh and by the way so happy that guys behind DEI (best mod ever) are going to mod TOB.
    Last edited by Yarev; May 31, 2018 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Well, its turned to maximum aggression for all 100+ personality profiles Not much else we can do.
    Yep... As I see the game is designed to be like that. AI is aggressive towards other AI faction but ignores player. AI only declares war on other AI factions. Player mostly gets scripted wars. I suspect that the reason is the faulty game design. If AI was truly aggressive like it is in any other total war game then the game would be unplayable because of new in recruitment and province systems. That's why I think CAI is ignoring just player but not other factions. It is CA's way to sweep the faulty game design under the carpet.

dom385's Avatar Senator

Could I recommend incorporating the "colourful shields" mod into the next version? I think it would really help with the visuals, as the colour palette for this game is rather bland in vanilla.

Don't you think that general guards are too numerous, encouraging use of multiple armies consisted of only a general? They are really cheap.

Edit: And battles are way too easy with the increased flank and rear attack penalties + slowed combat. Since the battle are slower you can perform perfect flanking attacks with minimal casualties, AI can't really outflank or counterperform unless it has overwhelming forces.

Edit2: Just like the guy in the comments on the steam workshop said - archers are way too inaccurate making levy archers completely useless unit. In vanilla, even levy archers can provide nice suport for a cheap price if they shoot more expensive units in the flank/back. Here, they deal close to zero damage because of the shots flying over the target, even damaging your own units. Not worth a slot, not even mentioning this 10 food. I'd much rather have more spears in their place, one of my first moves when starting new campaign is deleting any levy archers i have.
    Edit3: And about those archers - it made the battles more difficult, cause AI actually does quite well when playing archers. Unless you use your cavalry to chase them, they are going to cause heavy losses on any of your flanking units, shooting them in the back. They were the only thing resisting me from making full encircles while fighting enemy. They weren't any near OP, doing close to no damage from the front, but still usefull. I strongly suggest reverting archers to vanilla-ish state, for the sake of healthier gameplay.
    Last edited by Bandaro123; August 16, 2018 at 05:26 PM.

I thought I buffed archers in a recent update to be much closer to vanilla but we can revisit them.

We have basically taken a step back for now since they are overhauling the game on multiple levels and may revisit the mod in the future.

Are you going to continue working on this mod after Allegiance update release? This game can become so good with just a little tweaks and expanded mechanics here and there I think, and there is not much stuff to fix, ToB just needs more stuff to be added.

I am not sure to be honest. My time is spread so thin right now with Rome 2 getting updates and hotfixes constantly. The playerbase on ToB is very small. Thats not a good reason to not mod something, but I have limited time so I have to prioritize.

Is this mod compatible with reskin mods? Like Variation Pack Reborn on steam? I can't get used to playing the clone wars after I tasted DEI in Rome 2 and Dryrain in Warhammer.

Senator

What is not clear to me, can you use the mod with the latest ToB version, this Allegiance patch etc.? Or will it crash/break the game? I'm considering to buy the game, now that the blood DLC is out, but would only like to play it in modded version.

Hi

Are you planning to update this mod or you're done with it for good?