Thread: About Flag's

Default About Flag's

Hi everyone . I just wonderring is there anyone who teach me how to edit the empire total war flag's ? that's the third time i'll try but failed (and yes i'll try HusserlTW's Tutorial) idk how to use PFM to edit iu and model files with photoshop etc. So if someone help me to do step by step or make a video about it that would be great newbies like me.

Default Re: About Flag's

Hello. To change a flag you have to modify these files and include them in your .PACK file with its corresponding path. The important files are those of the "rigimodels" folder that are those that appear in battle. The files of the UI folder are for the menu interface.

Example of change the flag of Spain ("flags2.dds" file):
    Spoiler for IMAGE

It's not necessary create the animation TGA files so that the flag is toss up, because it will only appear in the faction selection menu. You can use the same image without animation for all animation files. It's optional.

Default Re: About Flag's

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Hello. To change a flag you have to modify these files and include them in your .PACK file with its corresponding path. The important files are those of the "rigimodels" folder that are those that appear in battle. The files of the UI folder are for the menu interface.

Example of change the flag of Spain ("flags2.dds" file):
    Spoiler for IMAGE

It's not necessary create the animation TGA files so that the flag is toss up, because it will only appear in the faction selection menu. You can use the same image without animation for all animation files. It's optional.
    I'm playing Darthmod Platinum 8.0.1 with the Additional Unit and Causa Belli submods.

The knights of st john's flags are messed up, and I think this is the case in darthmod platinum 8.0.1 without the submods.

I am trying to find the files you mention but I can't. I am looking in "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data" and using "Pack File Manager (Empire:Total War)" to open the "ui.pack" file.

There is no "rigidmodels" section.

I can find "flags", in which there are both "knights_stjohn" and "malta" which seem to have the same files.

The issue is, in game the knight's naval ensign is all grey, and the battle flag is a white cross on a red field with a faint knight's cross in the center.

The files under the "knights_stjohn" and "malta" sections appear to be the faction flag that is shown in the diplomacy screen.

Where can I find the battle and naval flags ?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: The rigidmodels section was not in the "ui.pack" file, but in the "models.pack" file. I have found this file:

"models.pack/rigidmodels/flags/textures/flags2.dds"

None of the flags files there show the same flag I am seeing in game for the knights. Where else would I look for the in game flag files ?

I assume the ones I have found are for vanilla and darthmod overwrites them, where would those overwrite files be ? Thanks.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; May 19, 2021 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Formatting