View Poll Results: Do you watch Professonial Wrestling?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 13.33%
  • No.

4 26.67%
  • At one time.

6 40.00%
  • What?

3 20.00%

Thread: Professorial Wrestling

Indefinitely Banned

Default Professorial Wrestling

Does anyone here watch Professorial Wrestling? I used to watch it a lot when I was younger but now, not so much. I always was a big fan of Stone Cold Steve Austin however.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Professorial Wrestling

I watched 4 fights of Wrestlemania 2007 before I figured it's fake and stopped.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

I wish my professors were WWE actors, would make lectures more interesting
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I used to watch it all the time at my grandparents house, and every Thursday on the local (terrible) community channel. I just love how terrible it is, yet how fun and funny it is to watch.

Nekro_TWH's Avatar Foederatus

I still watch pro wrestling even it is 15 years after i first got into it! I think of it of another kind of art. Some times i prefer it from movies because some storylines are "closer" to real life. Ok it is scripted and "fake" but because i have done some training its is PAINFULL and it needs coordination with your wrestling partner because it is not a competitive sport but a choreography between two athletes who are in the same time actors and dancers!
    And if someone knows a lot about greek sports especially soccer he knows thats is more fake and sctripted than WWE
    I personnally dislike modern era WWE as it is very kid-friendly so i am more in Lucha Underground and Japanese wrestling

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I don't watch it anymore but as a younger kid I was a huge fan, couldn't miss a single show. All my friends, the kids from the entire neighbourhood and school were into it so we spent all our time organising fights outside and pretending to be wrestlers. Sometimes it became a bit rough, luckily no one got injured though. Obviously we didn't know the wrestlers were not actually fighting but were pretending to. Realizing that truth became a bit of a shock to us, most of us lost interest thereafter.

Now the show looks a bit gringe to me, but at the same time it gets me quite nostalgic when it brings memories of our own silly mockup sport.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I used to play one of the playstation games back in the game when I visited a friend, but haven't watched anything and haven't played the game in ages.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I used to have good laughs when I watched that stuff with my dad. My favourite wrestler at the time was Sting.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I used to play one of the playstation games back in the game when I visited a friend, but haven't watched anything and haven't played the game in ages.
    This is the quality stuff you can expect from them.

Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 25, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I’m just wondering what professorial means
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I think you've just found the best autocorrect of 2018.

Indefinitely Banned

I just noticed that now...... Grrrrrr AutoCorrect!!!!!

Used to watch wrestling as a kid as well back in the 90s, especially what went on on WCW. I still remember the Sting-NWO storyline, probably one of the most iconic storylines ever. Despite global popularity, I still believe that ''professional wrestling'' has maintained that sideshow aspect that I usually associate with circus acts. On the other hand I have nothing but respect for all those people that are performing in this business, seeing that they put their bodies on the line each time they enter that ring. Some of them make a lot of money in the process, but I'm sure most of them end up like that dude from The Wrestler movie.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

my times as a fan of wrestling dates back to the early Ultimate Warrior, Andrθ the Giant, Hulk and company; I think I never believed it to be "real", not even when I was a small lad, but I always enjoyed the agility and skills showed by those athletes: if you consider how big and heavy many of them are, it's amazing what they can do. It needs a lot of training and some natural skills to get to those levels, it's not certainly for everyone.
    However, I always liked it like it was Circus or a similar kind of entertainment, though it is obvious that after a while one gets bored with seeing the same patterns over and over (I'm referring to the drama).

Have any of you watched the movie with Mickey Rourke? I pretty much enjoyed it
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Jay Lethal impersonating Ric Flair, the funniest piece of wrestling drama ever. Apparently everything was unscripted.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Professors or any scholars?
    Stephen Turnbull vs Samuel Hawley was interesting. Top 13 anime fights for sure.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

I watched WWE/F from 1999 to about 2008 when I was a kid and still believed it was unstaged. I don't think I could get back into as the storylines seem pretty dull and even the crowd looks unenthusiastic about meme wrestlers being forced upon them (see Roman Reigns, he probably has the dumbest signature move I ever seen).
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
    I watched WWE/F from 1999 to about 2008 when I was a kid and still believed it was unstaged. I don't think I could get back into as the storylines seem pretty dull and even the crowd looks unenthusiastic about meme wrestlers being forced upon them (see Roman Reigns, he probably has the dumbest signature move I ever seen).

I stopped watching in early 2007. A few of the storylines wasn't bad after I stopped watching but it got old. My then 89 year old grandfather stopped too, the hardcore matches didn't bother me but he didn't care for the chair shots and that (even though he liked Steve Austin and his persona ).

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    my times as a fan of wrestling dates back to the early Ultimate Warrior, Andrθ the Giant, Hulk and company; I think I never believed it to be "real", not even when I was a small lad, but I always enjoyed the agility and skills showed by those athletes: if you consider how big and heavy many of them are, it's amazing what they can do. It needs a lot of training and some natural skills to get to those levels, it's not certainly for everyone.
    However, I always liked it like it was Circus or a similar kind of entertainment, though it is obvious that after a while one gets bored with seeing the same patterns over and over (I'm referring to the drama).

Have any of you watched the movie with Mickey Rourke? I pretty much enjoyed it
    I saw the wrestler a few years after it came out, it was a nice movie. I can see how a lot of those wrestlers end up going broke and that.