Thread: Applied the 3.1 patch, shows 3.0 in launcher

Default Applied the 3.1 patch, shows 3.0 in launcher

So, after some wrangling, I installed Roma Surrectum 2.5, 3.0, applied the 3.1 patch, and managed to get it running on Alexander (I have Steam). It's EXTREMELY smooth, like a baby's ass, which I did not expect. Europa Barbarorum pales in comparison so far. I noticed that the launcher is still showing RS 3.0 on the top left/Launcher 1.3.3, even though I know I applied the 3.1 patch. Should I be seeing 3.1? Or is it normal for it to show RS 3.0?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Applied the 3.1 patch, shows 3.0 in launcher

Aye that's just fine laddie, continue enjoying the mod. if there is anything else you need to know just post here again, if I can help I will, you could also try the recently released RSII submod "When Worlds Collide" too, check out my Let's Play channel, the link is in my signature below if you want a peek at what it's like
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 23, 2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Awesome, thanks. I thought I did something wrong.

I have another question, I followed the instructions of copying the contents of Alexander, posting it into a separate folder, and installing Roma Surrectum in that separate folder. If I delete the Alexander contents in my Steam folder, and replace it with the contents of Roma Surrectum/Alexander folder, will that break the mod? My reasoning is that I don't want to waste space with two folders that nearly identical.

I actually don't use steam, but logically as they are separate installations I don't see why not and if I understand you correctly, why move RS/ALX at all, just leave it where it is. I use discs, I have my vanilla Anthology in programs(x86) folder and I copy it into a renamed "new folder" in c:/drive each time I install a mod(I've done the same with M2TW/Kingdoms) I have 14 mods in total, each in there own individual folders and my vanilla versions are always fresh and untouched,
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 23, 2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I actually don't use steam, but logically as they are separate installations I don't see why not and if I understand you correctly, why move RS/ALX at all, just leave it where it is. I use discs, I have my vanilla Anthology in programs(x86) folder and I copy it into a renamed "new folder" in c:/drive each time I install a mod(I've done the same with M2TW/Kingdoms) I have 14 mods in total, each in there own individual folders and my vanilla versions are always fresh and untouched,
    I moved the installation files into my Steam Alexander folder, and it works. Just have to use the RSII Launcher. I just don't want to squander my hard drive space by having an unnecessary folder if I could just combine the two.

Ok, sorry I could not be of any help, the situation you find yourself in is one of the reasons I don't have steam, I have no problems at all with discs, the other is I just don't like steam, I was treated badly and rudely by their CS over a simple question concerning my 1st install from them which went on for 5 weeks, long story short I always remained calm & polite as I don't do angry but I eventually told them to stick it where the sun don't shine, their attitude was appalling.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 24, 2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo