Thread: My game group is looking

Default My game group is looking

Essentially, I am looking to make the right choice between Rome, Medieval and Shogun. I will describe my situation and invite your good advice. If you have suggestions outside of Total War, I will love to hear those too.

I am the only person in my group with any Total War experience. All of us have RTS experience, most of us (but not all) have 4X experience.

My group was heavy into wargaming boardgames, but in February I moved away from them and the group no longer meets regularly. We are looking for a wargame that we can play online. It would be fair to say that if Axis and Allies or any of the MB games had a good online version, I would not be posting here today. We would be playing those. I say this just to give you a feel of our general 'depth of strategy' level.

Because some of the group are poor, we are currently only considering the first editions of Rome, Medieval and Shogun. $10 a pop makes it an easy sell. Of the first editions, Rome is the only one that I personally played... but I loved it and imagine it holds up quite well.

Default Re: My game group is looking

Rome 1 Shogun 1 and Mediieval 1 don't have multiplayer campaigns unless you meant playing them for the online battles.
    There is hot seat campaigns in Med 2 if you have the Kingdoms expansion. You just email your save game to the next person after you have finished your turn. That's you best bet if you want a multiplayer campaign with realtime battles. The Medieval Collection is worth looking at though even with a sale that's abit more than $10

For a multiplayer campaign try Hearts of Iron 2 or Darkest Hour they are around $2 when on sale or just around $10 new and there's no dlc to worry about.

Alternatively there's EU4 and Crusader Kings 2 their just under $10 when they are on sale. Steam sale is is just under a month away. You don't need any dlc and certainly not to begin with. If you all like it the everyone can use the hosts dlc in multiplayer if they get any.

The game you are looking for is called Table Top Simulator. It's both cheap and amazing. Feel free to add me on Steam, https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023764766/ and I can demo it for you. I have nothing to do with the development of the game, I just wish my group of friends had stumbled upon this when distance split us apart, instead of just all drifting away.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

if you are a 4-10 group members then i would suggest to play Mount and Blade Warband on Steam its very cheap and has Excellent modding Community for both Single,Multiplayer mods. and if dont like role-playing then playing Napleon total war The Great war would be a Good way 1vs1 WW1 Multiplayer or Even try Dei on rome2 its very Depth gameplay.
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Rome 2 has a not so good campaign, but I find it delicious on multiplayer with generally ballanced (Rome is quite OP but many tactics can beat them) experience and great visual aspect.

Shogun 2 is a bit too old, very enjoyable, but a bit broken and not too varied.

Medieval 2 looks old, has very poor infantry in general, leading to many broken mechanics (abusive cyclic charges).

I recomend Rome 2.