Thread: Random questions

Default Random questions

Hi and thank you for this mod! After years I am finally enjoying total war again, it has somewhat become recycled too often

So for my questions

- are there plans to incorporate manpower? I mean when you recruit you have a pool of manpower that gets drained so you cant just build full stacks as long as you have the money for it, it was a factor why rome beat carthage.

- why whould I for example build recruit Hastati when I can for only about 100 coins more recruit Principes? I somewhat want to play historically, so I want to have a mix of Hastati, Principes and Triarii but right now the best play is to invest a few coins more and recruit the better troops.

- Are tier 1+2 ressource buildings (except for maybe gold and silver) even worth it? They cost more upkeep than the ressources are worth

- how do I deal with sickness, e.g. smallpox? do I build more sanitation buildings or just sit it out?

- will the greek city states be in the game? Will the barbarians be in the game?

- is there a way to give cities more building slots?

- what is "the best" city center to go for?

- what is "the best" edict to go for?

- do governors boost other things than giving me the possibility to use an edict?

- what if office holders/governors lose enough loyalty?

Default Re: Random questions

Quote Originally Posted by aMaschina View Post
    - Are tier 1+2 ressource buildings (except for maybe gold and silver) even worth it? They cost more upkeep than the ressources are worth
    I don't think so, unless you need the resource yourself. Wood for navies for example a prime one, and fish give food too. They do tend to help get trade agreements, but the value to building cost seems rather off and discourage many of them.

- how do I deal with sickness, e.g. smallpox? do I build more sanitation buildings or just sit it out?
    Pretty sure you sit it out. Sanitation buildings are huge to prevent, but seen to do nothing to end. Same as in vanilla.

- is there a way to give cities more building slots?
    This is hardcore into the game and I don't think I have seen any mods able to change it.

- what is "the best" city center to go for?

- what is "the best" edict to go for?
    A lot of this is depending on needs. Taxes give more money if you can handle the PO hit, while export food gives value if your PO is stable but can't take a -10. Import gets food, while others help convert it counter lack of your culture. For centers, I would never do independent, but rather tribute if high culture of yours, or the allied/free to counter the PO issues of different cultures.

- do governors boost other things than giving me the possibility to use an edict?
    Check out the character. His management and popularity will give sanitation/squalor, affect PO and taxes, as well as corruption and state culture. Higher management and higher popularity can make a huge difference in a province. Low ones can destroy one as well. Their three people slot can also affect all kinds of things. Easiest way to see is open the character and look on the left side, it tells you all the effects, good or bad.
    It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less
    In life, pain and death are the only things shared by everyone

Quote Originally Posted by synagas View Post
    I don't think so, unless you need the resource yourself. Wood for navies for example a prime one, and fish give food too. They do tend to help get trade agreements, but the value to building cost seems rather off and discourage many of them.
    All resouce buildings are profitable since the last update. Fish, wood, marble, tar, salt - even the low value trade goods will provide you with positive income, provided you utilise them. Conversely, the high value trade resource buildings now provide smaller quantities of tradeable goods. In short, the former were buffed, and the latter nerfed. A gold resource building is still more profitable than a salt resource; but the difference isn't as extreme as before
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Oh, sweet. Haven't had a chance to look into the changes of the recent patch. Really glad about that change though, thank you. Have you guys considered two chains for resources? I know that would be a lot of work, but be nice to choose between more resources or more of something else. I saw some docks where you can go military or fish and food. So fish, which already also give food, could be lots of fish (to trade) and a little food or lots of food (eating fish) and only a little too trade. Same with olives, wine would be PO and maybe culture. Marble could be lots of culture and discount on culture/government buildings. Gold could even be the same with maybe global discounts on upkeep since you can use your own gold to mint coins.
    It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less
    In life, pain and death are the only things shared by everyone