Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: [Rome Total War - Custom Mod] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [RTW HS] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Total war View Post
    Possibly give ownership of Gaul to one of the other barbarian factions?
    That could work as they are allied.

Gaul subbed and save passed on.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Save sent!
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Armenia up and save sent to admin!

Killed a roman assassin:
    https://imgur.com/6Z2XXqk

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Epic Total war's Avatar Tiro

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...S_Dacia_10.sav - Dacia up

Sorry I completely forgot about this.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

A reminder has been sent
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bump
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Sub?

Blog Entries

Sub?
    Sub. Greeks up, save sent in PM.

Macedonian fleet defeated https://gyazo.com/ca41724cc471f5f54dea231090ed3908
    and Peaman

The greek cities states looked westwards across the sea's seeing the rearrangement of the carthagian and roman navies as they took positions within the sea lanes. The formations were light at the edges of greek range, with larger fleets keeping back in the rear , to either counterattack or have troops aboard waiting for the signal to move forward.

In the north however the elderly spartan king takes a few companions within him , into the mountain ranges to the north of the remainder of the macedonian lands to scout out the mountain passes to make sure that the romans are not flanking the macedonian position.

In the south however the roman fleets are trying to skirt around the cretan homeland . One such greek fleet tried of being at sea with constant paltry rations speeds out forward over the sea's bountiful surface , striking out at one of the roman vessels as the first sign of greek-romano ship to ship combat takes place scoring a minor victory .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ship combat.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	357916

Turn to Spain [which i think is admin atmo]
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Spain sub?

Okay this hotseat has been in trouble lately. I think in order to get this moving again Spain should be given over to Carthage to control, Gaul should be given to Brittania, Dacia should be replaced (as they seem to be the strongest of the open factions), and Armenia either be given to me to control or be replaced in its own right, either way works for me.

Okay this hotseat has been in trouble lately. I think in order to get this moving again Spain should be given over to Carthage to control, Gaul should be given to Brittania, Dacia should be replaced (as they seem to be the strongest of the open factions), and Armenia either be given to me to control or be replaced in its own right, either way works for me.
    I think giving armenia to you would make you so powerful as to make it gameover..so i disagree with that, but what i cant disagree with is your words that this hotseat is in trouble, as some turns , have gone by with virtually subbing for most factions and i think a show of commitment by those player that wish to play and a clear withdrawnal from those that are not interesting in continuing , so we can have a clear picture of the strenght of those wishing to continue , are shown to the admin...

Only in this way we can perhaps see the depth of those willing to continue this hotseat and a discussion about what is to be done with it, whether we have enough willing players to continue it, ask for a few subs to carry on , or the despondency/withdrawal of players is to wide a gulf to continue

For my part , i am willing to continue here, as long as it has only a few players in need of a sub [perhaps dacia as hannibal isnt here anymore, nor Jadli for Gaul , and spain is vacant], but if we lose the commitment of two or more players of the existing players to continue there parts in the other faction, then i feel this hotseat will go the way of so many others...
    Last edited by paladinbob123; April 16, 2019 at 03:42 AM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

No factions will be merged nor any abandoned. For the moment I'll take over the admin duties here. Send me or PeaMan the saves from now on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    No factions will be merged nor any abandoned. For the moment I'll take over the admin duties here. Send me or PeaMan the saves from now on.
    I'm busy one weekend and you kick me off? Bit harsh, imho. In addition the server updates very much put a strain on accessibility to the forums, activity in general has been a tad hard to accomplish. I'd like to continue as admin, unless the majority of players disagree. Spain is subbed in any regard, and the save is passed on to Rome.

The amount of dropouts has been worrying though, and I agree that something should be done
    and Peaman

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Save passed to Rome.

I said for the moment Athelstan. I will also not discuss here if I have any problems with you being admin because it does not matter, I have a free week with plenty of free time, I want to fix things and get new players because I am able to do these at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I'm busy one weekend and you kick me off? Bit harsh, imho. In addition the server updates very much put a strain on accessibility to the forums, activity in general has been a tad hard to accomplish. I'd like to continue as admin, unless the majority of players disagree. Spain is subbed in any regard, and the save is passed on to Rome.

The amount of dropouts has been worrying though, and I agree that something should be done
    Not at all. You have been great in this hotseat as it has required several subs for many turns.

I can agree that giving me Armenia would be unfair but I would also like some kind of say in who starts playing as them as I had done a ton of coordinating with Mith and I would hate to see that go to waste. I am strong allies with Armenia and would like to make sure they are taken over by someone I can at least work with in some way. I think it is also safe to say we need a replacement for Dacia as well. I know Armenia should be easy to replace as they are in a strong position and Dacia seems to be winning so they should be somewhat easy to replace as well. But as for Gaul, they lost their most valuable land to Rome early, so I think just giving Brittania control over them would be best as the Barbarian factions are weaker. As for Spain, that faction is terrible anyway but if we can find a replacement then that works but a permanent solution would be to just give Carthage control over them.
    Last edited by Epic Total war; April 16, 2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: wording

If you want a loyal ally for Armenia, search for a player yourself Epic Total War. Otherwise, it's the nature of hotseats that replacements get a fresh diplomatic slate. Otherwise it would be fair for you but unfair for the new player. It's not like anyone is foolish enough to backstab it's only ally while Rome and Carthage allied.

As for Gaul and Spain, both factions are still going strong. Spain is one of the weaker ones but is untouched, and Gaul lost some settlements but otherwise in a good position. We can talk about merging and giving away when there are no players that can join.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

As well as I got 2 different Rome saves from 2 different admins. Which one to follow? And is this on hold due to lack of players? One more thing, my mouse is broken at this moment, its not an easy job to play manual battles with touchpad. I at least need extension or sub.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zender9 View Post
    As well as I got 2 different Rome saves from 2 different admins. Which one to follow? And is this on hold due to lack of players? One more thing, my mouse is broken at this moment, its not an easy job to play manual battles with touchpad. I at least need extension or sub.
    Which you use doesn't really matter, either is fine.
    HS isn't on hold right now, but an extension on your turn would be quite fitting I think. Good luck getting a new mouse!
    and Peaman