Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Various retextures - modders resource

Default Re: Various retextures - modders resource

I managed to make them random with moon,sun and star each having additional variant, though I would prefer to have different ones depending if it is variant with lord or without, if anyone has ideas please post them.
    Last edited by kelembribor21; January 06, 2019 at 09:26 PM.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

1) OIn my mod, I have "generic" dragons, when recruited in most regions, and a specific version just for Caledor, which are stronger. So these kinds of variants could be interesting for that.

2) I don't see a problem with making the mount different from the generic dragon

You are right, in my testing when editing only dragon mesh definitions ( only riderless have random textures) while all mounted have vanilla ones.
    They have 2 separate definition for mounted and "feral" dragon.
    I will post it as resources maybe with one additional more purple tinted dragon for Dark elves.

I added two new Black dragons textures one dark purplish and other inspired by dragon Bryagh , it is bit problem when adding random variants that wings and body are separate in definition file ,so that will be needed to check.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

have a look at the definition of the Wilwood ranger: they can hood, or not.... You can define your variants to have randomness, but force the wings and body parts to always go together

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    have a look at the definition of the Wilwood ranger: they can hood, or not.... You can define your variants to have randomness, but force the wings and body parts to always go together
    I tried using thing like this in definition file and the models are invisible:

<VARIANT_MESH> <SLOT name="head" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/VariantMeshDefinitions/kel_bdragon1.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/VariantMeshDefinitions/kel_bdragon2.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/VariantMeshDefinitions/kel_bdragon3.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

Two of the defs are modded and one is for vanilla black dragon (kel_bdragon1.VariantMeshDefinition)

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="body" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/dr1/def/def_black_dragon/def_black_dragon_body_12.rigid_model_v2" >
    <META_DATA>audio_entity_type:wh2_hef_dragon_large_black</META_DATA> <META_DATA>audio_armour_type:body</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="wing" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/dr1/def/def_black_dragon/def_black_dragon_wing_12.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

I just added one for lord and one without rider and it removes vanilla version, if anyone can make proper definition files I would be grateful.

Here is the DOWNLOAD LINK ( it is pack file "@@deco_kharib_color" with Vargulf and HE dragons included)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vgnp7...olor.pack/file

There also seems to be strange issue , glow of Dragon eyes seems to be lacking , which wasn't the case when simply replacing vanilla texture without adding definition files, it looks like dragons have one discoloured eye and it effects even Seraphon , but considering his files are separate is strange, High elf dragons with same things done are unaffected.

UPDATE

When editing dds body file small part near the eye iris texture is misty and greasy texture when copying eye texture it has different effect, though Lokhir and Malekith's dragon still have that effect but their eyes glow .

It is really odd, in any case here is DOWNLOAD link with that change:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/43u75...olor.pack/file

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by kelembribor21; January 11, 2019 at 08:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2