Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about the Iberians. and Iberic factions.

Default Re: Question about the Iberians. and Iberic factions.

I dont care . Just make Iberians stronger .

Quote Originally Posted by kingofportugal View Post
    We don't play nationalistic favourites in the EBII team, we go where the evidence directs us. You're more than welcome to edit your own installation to achieve whatever ends you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We don't play nationalistic favourites in the EBII team, we go where the evidence directs us. You're more than welcome to edit your own installation to achieve whatever ends you desire.
    Also, the addition of new AoR units will make them more capable anyway.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If the Romans have Marian legions and are going to get Imperial Praetorian Guards at some point, it's only fair that the Lusitani get an upgrade and update for their troops who allied with Quintus Sertorius during the Sertorian War. And they should have squadrons of elite babes like these ones below (two Lusitani women, colorized photo, 75 BC):

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d9/eb/b6/d...7d338a80bd.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kingofportugal View Post
    They're pretty strong for barbs as it is--at least the Celtiberians.

1)Have literally one of the strongest skirmishers in game, the Neizes(try them against any other skirmisher--they're a great skirmisher-spearmen hybrid)
    2)Briganitoi(sp;Celtiberian Champions) are VERY strong
    3)Iberian Scutari units are pretty damn good
    4)I had to nerf the Celtiberian/Iberian traits in the past since they were too OP.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

They sure are strong, extremely versatile infantry that is deadly in each range apart of bowshot (and even then slingers can fulfill this role). Also theyre quite fleshed out, especially the Celtiberians, in contrast to some other factions (Sauromatae whose limited roster at the current really hamstrings them, Takshashila in general, the Arabians, Lugians and others I probably forget).

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    If the Romans have Marian legions and are going to get Imperial Praetorian Guards at some point, it's only fair that the Lusitani get an upgrade and update for their troops who allied with Quintus Sertorius during the Sertorian War. And they should have squadrons of elite babes like these ones below (two Lusitani women, colorized photo, 75 BC):
    I would like to know, has anyone got pictures of these troops? I would like to see what later stage iberians wore. Or did they just adapt roman armor? i mean they had to have been some iberians that sided with rome and after the wars probably changed their style.

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I would like to know, has anyone got pictures of these troops? I would like to see what later stage iberians wore.
    Iberians always kept their archaic weapons such as the caetras but since the Second Punic War they adopted other elements like the Montefortino helmets and the thureoi. This is how a Lusitanian/Celtiberian veteran could look like during the Sertorian wars:

https://www.despertaferro-ediciones....ispano-web.jpg

http://www.hobbiesguinea.es/9470-163...en-peligro.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    Or did they just adapt roman armor? i mean they had to have been some iberians that sided with rome and after the wars probably changed their style.
    They didn't need to change the way to fight, it was really similar (throwing javelins + charging in a pitched battle) the main difference between both peoples is that Iberians lacked the discipline and manpower of Rome.

About the panoply, it's not that simple, Iberians adopted Carthaginian and Roman weapons, and Romans adopted Iberian weapons. That was one of the consequences of the Second Punic War. However, over time and once Hispania was under the control of the republic, Romans didn't need the traditional Iberian line infantry (they already had their legionaries) that existed during the Pre-Roman times. Instead, they made use of the lighter troops equipped with small caetras in order to work as auxiliaries.

This is why the Iberian line infantry (in EB 2 our Iberian Scutari, Celtiberian swordsmen, etc. and other future units to come) that was very similar to the Roman infantry disappeared. They were used for example during the Second Punic War when Scipio located them in the place of the principes or Hannibal as part of the main line. But, in times of Caesar these type of Iberian troops weren't needed anymore.
    Last edited by Trarco; May 28, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

@Trarco: I was being somewhat facetious, but I am happy that my post led to this excellent explanation. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    @Trarco: I was being somewhat facetious, but I am happy that my post led to this excellent explanation. Thanks for sharing.
    It's my pleasure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12