Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Imperator: Rome - new Paradox title

Yep 1.2 is a great update. During the beta I was playing as India and just steamrolling everyone.

I do not own the game, but I have watched several videos critiquing the game upon release and based on what I have seen with the patch, it seems Paradox is moving forward in the right direction. I would be interested to see how they will diversify the various factions within the game in the upcoming development of the game. CA could certainly learn a lot from Paradox; instead of patronizing your fan base, listen to them. A lot of changes CA makes always come off begrudgingly.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Did they fix the puppy problem? The puppy bug-puppies everywhere running around on the campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Did they fix the puppy problem? The puppy bug-puppies everywhere running around on the campaign map.
    First thought : [insert Cheech and Chong meme here]

Second thought : Ai issue with how it handles armies? Yes they sorted that out as much as you can sort an AI out without it being Skynet.

No thoughts on 2.o update? I just purchase the game on 75% off.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I'm liking it so far. The new tech system is so much better, even though it doesn't make sense to be able to pick a military invention because you discovered a civic tech, but whatever, and I really enjoy the new military system.

Imho, this is the game that should be released in the first place.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    No thoughts on 2.o update? I just purchase the game on 75% off.
    You've got yourself a really good deal and timed it right with the 2.0 update to start.

The culture update from 1.5 with how the player handles their population laid the ground work for 2.0 in how it handles armies. Only a few nations can have a standing army from the start so the rest have to rely on levies (you have to research standing armies as a technology). So large standing armies from previous versions. this link between population and army is a much needed upgrade.

Other things such as how technology is more impactful in regard to now it is choices matter and you'll never have enough time to research everything.

Ultimately it's nice to see Imperator is more of it's own game as a civilization builder the devs have labelled it as.

Onwards and upwards.
    Of course the new UI/UX overhaul.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345