Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Community] Campaign Experience - Share Your Empire

Default Re: [Community] Campaign Experience - Share Your Empire

Just a little thought I have regarding buildings and their upkeep. I will not mention the mod in question for obvious reasons, but I believe it would make things simpler overall. Say instead having an upkeep cost set in stone, how about a percentage deficit of your overall income?

P.S.: Don't kill the messenger, I'm just a pleb having a hard time managing my economy

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    That's because the garrisons aren't balanced appropriately for all factions yet. In fact, Parthian garrisons are how we envision them - it's the other factions that are overpowered. This is being corrected. I agree with you completely as far as units goes, I'd also love to see some more heavy or at least versatile type of Parthian infantry. This is something we're definitely adding.

Side note, agree with Petellius. That was impressive. Looked like a fun battle!
    I hope you guys dont lower the garrisons i actually like it this way it goes well with all settlements being walled and how active and agressive the AI to make it so expansion is slow and hard but without affecting the agressivness and the amounts of field battles.

Also here are some pics from my carthage campaign

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also i have a wuestion dont know if its a bug but i tested and noticed that after leveling my settlement maine building past a certain point they start to actually decrease in the amount of wealth and money produce but adding other effects, is this intentional?

I've restarted my Macedon campaign again. Had to stop it after one of the restart campaign updates. I love how crippling and stagnant the early days are. It's so hard to find your footing, but that rewarding feeling when you have profits and food surplus in winter is the best feeling I've had in a TW game since Medieval 2. It just feels so enriched. I can't wait to come face-to-face with the Seleucids, once I have the balls to expand. Even getting my second force in place was an achievement economically. Cannot thank you again for continuing your effort. I was convinced this mod was never coming. I was in the discord for so long getting so tired of waiting, cos my hopes were constantly up, but man was it worth the wait.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Well, I have to say I´m having the best Total War campaign I´ve ever had... so immersive!

After many restarts I started to understand the system, along with a bit of help of the economy submod now I can say I have things under control.

With Rome finally "defeated" Carthage (they have only territory in Libia), Scipio is heading toward them.

The hispanic tribes for now peaceful and friendly, they come to me only with non-agression treaties and trade, I will mantain for now this status.

The $%&^ gauls of north-Italy finally under control, Cenabri defeated and Insubres will be the next (I came to hate them to a point...ufff). Now I have 3 legions in the place with the task of fight gauls and mantain control over the borders.

Next objective? for now a total erase on this italian gaulish tribes... then probably I will head to Greece!

Hey Oryx! what graphical mod are you using? love the visuals!!!
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 02, 2019 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Libertus

192 bc i was at peace with Carthage and my legions where occupied in iberia and cisalpine gaul then Carthage declared war and Hannibal Barca decided to blitzkrieg his way into magna graecia by attacking syracuse unfortunatly for the great general his transport ship got hit by ballista fire and his ship sank before he even could set foot on land

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...CB0550F4C1497/

I don't think that's a top priority right now haha. Doesn't really seem like it, I mean. They're probably ironing out the major bugs before uploading it somewhere else.

I'm playing a carthage campaign on normal and so far the only roman army I have ever seen was Scipio's at the battle of Zama. After their defeat and retreat from Africa, I have yet to see another legion. The romans completely neglect the iberian peninsula and sicily and offer no resistance whatsoever. I have decided to pause the campaign for now as it got too boring. Surely this can't be intended, no? Should I restart on hard maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman110 View Post
    I'm playing a carthage campaign on normal and so far the only roman army I have ever seen was Scipio's at the battle of Zama. After their defeat and retreat from Africa, I have yet to see another legion. The romans completely neglect the iberian peninsula and sicily and offer no resistance whatsoever. I have decided to pause the campaign for now as it got too boring. Surely this can't be intended, no? Should I restart on hard maybe?
    Yep, I beat a Roman army of 11,000 in Italy with 5,000 men, because I have 500,000 in the bank as Macedon and can pay all elite stacks. I am finding that the early game can be very difficult, but one you stabilize, you can just sit around and make obscene amounts of money. I have this 500,000 in the bank as Macedon and I only own four settlements. At this point I have already won the entire campaign, it's just a matter of paying armies and moving them around.

Some thoughts on 2TPY vs 4TPY:

Firstly, I think the pacing of this mod (the required thinking instead of just building whatever) is likened to a 4TPY style. Having played through a few test campaigns, my characters can barely reach into the meat of the skill tree before departing from old age. I know there will be mods for 4TPY, but the base 4 seasons already made perfect logical sense. I think it was an unnecessary adjustment/ complication that makes the advance of seasons feel unrealistic. Just my opinion. An incredible mod nonetheless.
    Last edited by stevehoos; May 24, 2018 at 10:40 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

i started my first campaign with egypt. I enjoyed the start when you have to built up your economy and managing the PO. of course there are some balancing problems but nothing serious The fight with the selecuids is also challenging. everything fine up to here. but i have to point out two problems/suggestions:

1. im not a fan of walled cities, (that's only my personal opinion) because they cause so much problems. sieging battels and path finding problems are really a fun-killer. but I'm confident you'll get a handle on it.
    2. the more important point is to keep the campaign interesting at mid. and late game! That's the mayor weakness in general of TW Attilla/rome. The only way to encounter that is to tweak the CAI () and to make individual missions for every playable faction! That's very important in my eyes and keeps motivation high!

anyway GREAT WORK so far! thanks a lot!

Hi
    I've only just got round to playing AE and whilst i think its amazing, i just have a few questions if that's alright..

1 > I know its a very new beta release and all the features are yet to be implemented, but I've encountered horde factions ( Saka, Alani etc.) and I'm wondering what the timeline is for the playable steppe nomad factions is ? I thoroughly enjoy their style of play and it was , for me at least, the main reason i played vanilla Attila .

2> Parthia , Macedon, Egypt, Rome & Carthage have immersive , well developed missions that give a sense of cultural authenticity and a structure to the game . when will this be put in place for factions such as Armenia, Nabataea & Pergamum ?

that's about it, its my weekend off work so i thought id stop by and just ask these question's- i understand how busy you and your team are and i'd just like to congratulate you on a fantastic mod - i eagerly await the latest round of AE developments !

Regards ,

Apj1992

TBH, I am surprised at how well I'm doing considering the economy/public order/food seemed such an ordeal. But not any more!

Here I am, on Nabatea 2.0 (or is it 3.0?), doing great. I am filthy rich, am at war with weaklings, public order is in check...good times!

The way I went about it is I stayed put until I was happy with the buildings I got and maxed out public order. Then I went off and captured another settlement and so on.

Progress might seem slow for the land hungry grabbing players, but I am pleased with tinkering my ancillaries and changing building configuration appropriately (turn 70+, got 6 settlements - I think?).

Anyway, finally subduing the city management aspect of the game is a lot of fun

Great job team, great job! Now please give me my life back

so.. first time playing attila. for total war games, i play EB2 mostly, sometimes TATWAC, sometimes IB:II.

started off as pergamon, sat in my city a while soft-booming while familiarizing myself with the UI, economy, dynastic diplomatic stuff, and arch seleukeia came on down and annihilated me. i took one surviving family member and marched westward to the french riviera area. somehow found aqua sextiae without a significant garrison, marched in and razed it to the ground, renamed it Novo Pergamum. now i have the narbonensis province with narbo and vienna. happily exporting wine, wheat, timber, to my friendly neighbors.

thanks for the public release, it's obviously a fun campaign. needs plenty of polish but i'm excited to follow the mod. looking forward to playable gallic factions.

So I've only played the Seleucids and Macedon so far, here are a couple of thoughts

-I LOVE the battles, they just feel super realistic to me in terms of morale, how the units route, etc.
    -I love the campaign map in terms of the buildings and characters, very immersive, great job with the characters, buildings. (I play with 4TPY, I think whoever made that needs to tone down the army movement range).
    -The only gripe I can think of (and this might be because of the release being a beta) is a couple of the unit designs have me scratching my head. The one that I can think of off the top of my head is the Seleucid Shield Bearers and their attic helmets only.

Looking forward to forward to future releases!

First of all you guys did a pretty good job with this mod.

Now for my experience. I've been playing as Carthage in Normal/Normal because it's been a very long time since I last played any total war game.
    I have to say while the first few turns were very hard as the economy was pretty hard to stabilize. But once it was the game was pretty easy. (I now have about 1000000 in bank, and I get about 50k a turn)
    To be fair I don't think I had to fight roman armies since the first one (the battle of Zama) except for a few garrisons. Another thing I realized is that elephants are apparently expendable for the AI as whenever I'm doing an automatic battle (mostly when the balance bar is very much in my advantage) the AI basically makes sure to destroy the mighty beasts.

Anyway I've retaken southern Spain (well technically 2 of the cities are ruled by my client state), Sicily and Sardinia and I obviously have trade partnership with most of the east (east of Carthage, so most of greece and the Ptolemys as well (I don't think I've met the Seleucids). That's it for Carthage.
    Lately I've tried a few games with Pergamon (didn't go that well) and with Makedon (going well enough for now, just subjugated Rhodes as one of my direct neighbours just declared war to me and I basically didn't want to deal with public disorder)

Limiting myself to have historically "accurate" armies as the Romans, consisting of at least 1/3 non-roman units, no Roman cavalry besides general, and following the objectives set out by the game. I found that Rome can be difficult because of how fragile it's economy is. If one vital resource is besieged then all the money you are making goes away, but when all resources are accesible you will make loads of money as well as have relatively stable PO in regions where it matters.

As for my campaign, after taking and razing two Carthaginian cities, I have taken them for myself and made Carthage pay me an exorbenent price for peace. One legion moving into Greece to fight the Illyrians who have declared war on me, and the other quelling rebellions and then moving north to secure the Italian Penisula. No serious wars with factions with multiple stacks but they are inevitable.

I am really enjoying this mod.

Steam download is broken.

First of all, great mod! I truly see the love for the detail that was spent over this 4 years to realize this project.

Just played some turns with Armenia (to have a small faction).

I was wondering, why there are only relatively low class spearmen and bow infantry only. Armenia was often use to have good spear infantry and bows but lacking in sword infantry.
    Generally I think the unit-tree is quite small compared to the other factions.
    ​VICTORIOSO SEMPER

Decanus

Had to restart Rome 4 times, kept going broke, lol. Anyway, now I have 3 complete armies and can make a new army in 2 turns if I need another. I know I can support 3 armies with not to much problem with the economy I have now, lots of trading for sure. This MOD is great, I sure appreciate you guys making this mod. 3 cheers from us all.

Outlined Thoughts after a few campaigns on normal/normal

-The AI is too passive in general, I hope this is the difficulty setting.

-The AI is not building armies. Many turns have passed and no replenishment has taken place. As seen in this picture below
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...3/screenshots/

-Armies simply don't cost enough with the booming economies.

-Characters are dying at around age 50 on average, that is far too early for 2 TPY mod.

-The AI (as others have mentioned) is not building any trade resources.

-One positive thing to note, I offered the Seleucids 100,000 for a peace treaty and they would not accept.
    Last edited by stevehoos; May 31, 2018 at 10:59 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Salah-ad-Din's Avatar Laetus

Guys, this mod is just amazing!!! Awesome in the true sense of the word. I don't remember the last time it took me sooo long to press that "End Turn" button to end my 1st turn

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast