Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Community] Campaign Experience - Share Your Empire

jayvikings57's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Community] Campaign Experience - Share Your Empire

This mod is so insanely good. My wife asked my what I was still doing up at 4am last night. Lost track of time completely. Excellent work. This is what Rome II should have been.

I have sent one ship east, one north to trade with whom we can. I develop commercial buildings, mines or something (1200 money), food warehouses. 4 start in Rome, the game is better than the first version, now as far as I'm investing in what to invest.
    Sry for bad eng.

omg bad place bug sry
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry-TW; May 20, 2018 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    We'll be adding 4TPY submods. Also, with people starving in winter you need to build granaries.
    great news! PLEASE povide a non-steam link for this submod

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

How do you take screenshots? I thought I'd taken loads lol. Used to know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    How do you take screenshots? I thought I'd taken loads lol. Used to know how.
    F12
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

F12
    Ah yes.

This mod is so much fun. I feel like I'm constantly on the brink of disaster lol. Every time I move an army it feels like a risk.

Im confused. Playing with Armenia I cant seem to find the building to recruit cataphracts or other heavy cavalry. Seems there is no barracks building and that units are tied with the government buildings and land grant buildings

Quote Originally Posted by jayvikings57 View Post
    This mod is so insanely good. My wife asked my what I was still doing up at 4am last night. Lost track of time completely. Excellent work. This is what Rome II should have been.
    Achievement unlocked

Seriously, I love that

Quote Originally Posted by armen View Post
    Im confused. Playing with Armenia I cant seem to find the building to recruit cataphracts or other heavy cavalry. Seems there is no barracks building and that units are tied with the government buildings and land grant buildings
    Recruitment is tied to government buildings predominantly. Cataphracts are tied to the Royal Gavat (Acculturated) level, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 02, 2019 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

I don't get what the hell to do as Pergamon. I've tried numerous building "configurations", but no matter what it seems that I can't get my army out of town without huge public order problems, the predominate culture will always be a foreign one in my own capital, the finances go to hell and food is in a constant state of flux (even with granaries). Basically, I can't get anywhere, and conquering any neighbour doesn't help.
    And nobody wants to trade with me.

Is this intended? What am I doing wrong?
    500 - Internal Server Error

Count me in the "confused by so many buildings" crew. There must be over a dozen initial buildings you can go for, and then they'll have a couple trees that they can be further developed into...honestly, it's so daunting/confusing that I've not played a single turn yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Recruitment is tied to government buildings predominantly. Cataphracts are tied to the Royal Gavat (Acculturated) level, if I'm not mistaken.
    Is not there. only the Provincial capital buidldings provide troops but no cataphracts

We'll be adding 4TPY submods...
    fantastic, will wait for it before venturing as a new faction. this is a must imho, as a one-season-window simply isnt long enough to achieve much militarily (which usually requires spring-summer-autumn and into the winter quarters cycle).

a minor suggestion. can Cyzicus be renamed Pergamon? location isnt perfect but its close enough. besides, it is really odd to have Pergamon without the Pergamon.

and many thanks for working on Pontus. looking forward to it coming online; its my all-time favorite faction.
    Last edited by Sarkiss; May 20, 2018 at 04:16 PM.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Ah yes.

This mod is so much fun. I feel like I'm constantly on the brink of disaster lol. Every time I move an army it feels like a risk.
    Thats the intention!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

I'm changing history as Hannibal after Zama, reconquering my territories of Hispania (send Hamilcar (Hannibal's son) there while Hannibal governs Africa) at the moment.

One little thing that is bothering me tho, shouldn't the romans have naval superiority? I say this because I haven't seen a single roman navy in about 20-25 turns. I remade the Carthaginian navy (it cost my money, I'll tell you that.. almost went bankrupt because of it, a little misscalculation.. but it's all good now) but I haven't had the change to use it yet.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Playing as the Arabian faction I am now literally trapped in a cycle of rebellion in my home province which is stripping me of wealth and food which I need to raise troops and build buildings. What the hell do I do to solve this?
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    Playing as the Arabian faction I am now literally trapped in a cycle of rebellion in my home province which is stripping me of wealth and food which I need to raise troops and build buildings. What the hell do I do to solve this?
    never surrender!!!! In Attila, you have the option to abandon settlement and go horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Cèsar August View Post
    I'm changing history as Hannibal after Zama, reconquering my territories of Hispania (send Hamilcar (Hannibal's son) there while Hannibal governs Africa) at the moment.

One little thing that is bothering me tho, shouldn't the romans have naval superiority? I say this because I haven't seen a single roman navy in about 20-25 turns. I remade the Carthaginian navy (it cost my money, I'll tell you that.. almost went bankrupt because of it, a little misscalculation.. but it's all good now) but I haven't had the change to use it yet.
    We are working on ways the AI prioritizes recruitment. This will be among them.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 02, 2019 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

I'm just 5 turns into the Roman campaign and had to stop because its 2am.

So addictive. So much things to do and consider.

Thanks for the entire team for their dedication and determination to bring this mod to life!

Still some small bugs though, like seige on carthage still bugging out

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

started a campaign with nabatea... starved to dead

started a campaign with nabatea.... killed by rebels since i got no money to keep my army up in shape

started a campaign with rome.... CTD after first battle 2times

started a campaign with pergamon... builded food and happiness buildings, food is ok after few turns. took ephesus. army half depleted, no money to refresh it. massive makadonian army takes starting settlement and byzantion. kills my half stack. DEAD again

it, thought we gonna have more money in this mod. this way its unplayable for me. was hoping more like a rs3 stye of economy.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

The campaign is really unique and interesting, but most of all I found the challenge effectively impossible for Parthia. Maybe I'm just bad, but just stabilizing the 2 starting provinces before they drop into the overwhelming tax hit requires sufficient planning. Then all goes out the window once Baktria declares war. Even after defeating Baktria with horse archer trickery followed by retreats, alternating bankruptcy turns, and conquering them, I'm now completely stuck. There's no way for me to get the economy back into the positive. I got a cash bump from the Seleucids to purchase the gold building in Harev but even that isn't enough to get the cash flow back up. I can't do anything except end turn and hope the public order turns back up into the bonus tax rate.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kind of a bummer to have a faction so hamstrung to begin with that it enters a death spiral once you conquer a province. Like I said, maybe I'm just bad but the amount of slider tinkering and money begging I had to do just to get to the point where I can eliminate the Baktrians and end up in end turn mode is just really lame.

Also, governors pick up very negative traits with regards to public order so quickly I have to rotate them and eventually just not have any because it makes the province PO penalties so bad.
    Last edited by zsimmortal; May 21, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

I turned on this faction for a moment. I moved my army from the settlement with the walls and began to besiege the strong army of Bactria, probably in the first round. Bactria's army came out fighting the city and had a big advantage. I had a heroic victory without losing any unit, only some of the archers' horses escaped. Ha ha ha.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast